manchesteruk

Interesting Landings (video)

Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:25 am

came accross this video jus wondered wat u think happened, was this due to the wind or pilot error? looks interesting dpnt you think, almost a tail strike....is there alot of landings like these?
thanks.........
http://www.flightlevel350.com/Aircra..._Tunisair_Aviation_Video-7214.html

jamesjimlb

RE: Interesting Landings (video)

Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:31 am

most likely pilot error because no trees or grass is moving.
The sky is no longer the limit, but the mere minimum

Jpax

Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:33 am

The video itself is very poor, focusing on the empennage until a second before touchdown. It didn't see to be a crosswind factor. He touched down hard (very firmly) and early-- so he may have been slow and dropping like a rock and compensated by giving some back pressure (great combination for a stall), hard to tell because the video was zoomed in so much.

NZ06AR

Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:41 am

i think it would have to be pilot error as he manages to bounce a large jet which is no small feet in itself.

Quoting Jpax (Reply 2):
so he may have been slow and dropping like a rock and compensated by giving some back pressure (great combination for a stall)

LTU932

Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:07 pm

This landing is much worse. The nose gear bounced like 4 times.

I feel sorry for the people who were in that aircraft.

AsstChiefMark

Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:07 pm

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 4):
I feel sorry for the people who were in that aircraft.

You're joking, right?
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

LTU932

Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:20 pm

Quoting AsstChiefMark (Reply 5):
You're joking, right?

What do you mean? I just feel sorry for them for having gone through hell during that landing. I personally don't mind hard landings, but what is shown in that vid would scare me a lot if I was there.

That being said, how the hell is such a landing possible? I'm guessing there must be some pilot error involved, plus an excessively high sinkrate or even a very strong tailwind. That should have been a go-around IMO.

beertrucker

Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:27 pm

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 6):
Quoting AsstChiefMark (Reply 5):
You're joking, right?

What do you mean? I just feel sorry for them for having gone through hell during that landing. I personally don't mind hard landings, but what is shown in that vid would scare me a lot if I was there.

Not trying to be mean to you at all. Are you new to the site. The video you put up is a fake video. It was a beer add made a few years back. That is not a real landing. That video has been posted over and over and over on this site. As I said no disrespect to you for posting that. But it is a fake.
Fly HI

LTU932

Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:42 pm

Quoting Beertrucker (Reply 7):
Are you new to the site.

No. Been here a while.

no disrespect to you for posting that.

Don't worry.

But it is a fake.

I didn't know that.  Confused I guess I got fooled by it.

beertrucker

Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:58 pm

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 8):

I didn't know that. I guess I got fooled by it.

Don't worry. You are not the first to be fooled by it. And I am sure you will not be the last either.

I posted a reply back to you fast cause there are some on here who like to jump on people who put that video up thinking it is real. They like to complain and yell at the people who do. All cause they are sick of seeing the video come up on the site every month. That is why i said no disrespect. So you knew I was not yelling or complaining about it to you. If anyone does pitch a fit about it to you. Please just ingore thier comments to you. Have a nice day or night (depending where you live).
Fly HI

LTU932

Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:03 pm

Quoting Beertrucker (Reply 9):
I posted a reply back to you fast cause there are some on here who like to jump on people who put that video up thinking it is real.

If anyone does pitch a fit about it to you. Please just ingore thier comments to you.

Not to worry. I got a thick skin, so I don't get easily provoked like that.  Smile

Have a nice day or night (depending where you live).

You too.  thumbsup  BTW: It's nighttime here at SYQ.  Wink

beertrucker

Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:06 pm

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 10):
Have a nice day or night (depending where you live).

You too. BTW: It's nighttime here at SYQ.

Same here sort of. More like very early morning here ar KMLB. Take Care
Fly HI

captaink

Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:10 pm

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 8):
I didn't know that.   I guess I got fooled by it.

You were not alone. I gave the video some thought on being real myself. I figured it was a real video but sped up a bit. I guess I was wrong.  Big grin

Captaink
There is something special about planes....

AirWillie6475

Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:38 pm

He wasn't going slow, in fact he might have been going a little fast. I can tell because even with the high angle of the pitch the plane still wanted to fly. It just seemed like he started the flare too late and didn't give enough nose down on touchdown. Nothing wrong with a bounced landing it's not really noticeable from the inside anyways. Who cares about the spotters right Smile