HVNandrew
Topic Author

FL To Start HPN-RSW 11/18

Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:56 am

FL will be starting non-stop HPN-RSW Saturday only service, beginning November 18. Great news for HPN. Anyone know how FL's current flights are doing out of there?

Do any other airlines have plans to expand out of HPN? DL has gone up to 6 daily flights to ATL and 3 daily flights to CVG out of the airport, all on RJ's. Could DL put a mainline flight in there at some point?

FA4B6

RE: FL To Start HPN-RSW 11/18

Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:09 am

I really think B6 missed out on not getting into HPN. Neeleman said specifically he passed up the opportunity. Good luck to FL and HPN, an airport that definitely needs a LCC!
"Leap! And the net will appear."

B6DC10

Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:14 am

HPN has major issues w/ the community. The area is extremely affluent, and chock full of NIMBYs...Not to mention that the facilities are very small.
TriJet or No Jet At All...

BatonOps

Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:30 am

Quoting B6DC10 (Reply 2):
Not to mention that the facilities are very small.

I was in HPN early February and was amazed at how small the terminal is. Where did they put the FL ticket counter because in early Feb there was no room for additional counter space.

On a side note...FL announced HPN the same week they backed out of MDT.

FA4B6

Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:15 am

Quoting B6DC10 (Reply 2):
HPN has major issues w/ the community. The area is extremely affluent, and chock full of NIMBYs...Not to mention that the facilities are very small.

I know, I'm born and raised in Westchester County. HPN was my home airport until I moved to Queens last year.

I used to fly HPN-PHL/DCA-RIC and HPN-YYZ (as a Passenger) all the time! I miss using that airport.
"Leap! And the net will appear."

DILF

Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:35 am

I really wish AirTran would look at HVN and a HVN-ATL route. We SO desperately need more (and better) air service than we have now.

A high quality, low cost carrier like AirTran would really fit the bill in this area and stimulate traffic that's been stagnant for far too long due to the typical l USAirways Express high-fare, low quality service. It would be SO nice to have an option other than those noisy old Dash 8s via PHL!
NO MORE Trip Reports about SQ First Class! Or TG, CX or MH! E-N-O-U-G-H !!

HVNandrew
Topic Author

Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:02 am

Quoting DILF (Reply 5):
I really wish AirTran would look at HVN and a HVN-ATL route. We SO desperately need more (and better) air service than we have now.

A high quality, low cost carrier like AirTran would really fit the bill in this area and stimulate traffic that's been stagnant for far too long due to the typical l USAirways Express high-fare, low quality service. It would be SO nice to have an option other than those noisy old Dash 8s via PHL!

FL couldn't fly a 717 into HVN. Well, they could, but if you think the NIMBY's are bad in HPN...

HVN is in a bad place right now. The demand is there for a new carrier, but nobody wants to make an investment in opening up a new station right now. The last I heard of anything new happening was US possibly starting up a DCA flight again. Apparently DL was also looking at starting an ATL route, but there was nothing solidifying as of a few months ago. And the deal with NW has been dead for a while.

Quoting BatonOps (Reply 3):
I was in HPN early February and was amazed at how small the terminal is. Where did they put the FL ticket counter because in early Feb there was no room for additional counter space.

They took over FlyI's space, I believe.

jetblueatjfk

Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:54 am

Seems like FL is doing well in HPN after all. So now they have HPN-ATL,MCO,RSW, and PBI. So any other cities seem right for HPN from FL. How about FLL, TPA or BWI?

B6jfk airplane 

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos