DFW13L
Topic Author

Video Of The New AA 767 Business Class

Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:56 pm

I had the day off and decided to go to the airshow at Fort Worth Alliance, and was not expecting N396AA to be on static display! I've been looking for this airplane for months, and had no idea that I would get to walk through it, so I was pretty excited to be able to take a tour of it.

Here's a video I did walking through N396AA at the airshow. It shows the new business class plus the difference between the overheads in the forward coach cabin and those in the rear. Also it shows the crew rest--and my apologies for how dark that came out. I wasn't using a video camera, but rather a Sony DSC-T1, which is a pocket digital camera, so the quality isn't very good and there's no image stabilization, so my apologies.

For those who are wondering, N396AA is one of American's 767-300s, and it is the only one with this new business class. They are testing it out in basically every market before they go forward with putting these seats in the 767 and then the 777 fleet. I have seen it doing routes as diverse as LAX-HNL, LAX-JFK, JFK-SJU, MIA-CDG. I'm sure it has done South America too, but I haven't noticed it in the computer.

Anyway, here's the video:
See, I knew American Eagle was first class all along!

willyj

RE: Video Of The New AA 767 Business Class

Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:42 pm

Thanks for sharing. Having the different overhead compartments in the front and the rear doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would - although, it would be nice to have the whole plane have the 777 style interior.

deltajet757

RE: Video Of The New AA 767 Business Class

Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:46 pm

I don't like how the rest of the A/C has the standard overhead bins after first and business class sections. To me it looks tacky with the whole transition. What AA should have done or should do is to re-do the econ. section so it looks nicer.

-DeltaJet757
FLY DELTA JETS