LHUSA
Topic Author

Trying To Nonrev AA ORD-DEL

Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:51 am

Hi Everyone,

My girlfriend will be in India for the month so I'm thinking about going out there for a visit (loads willing). AA has always treated me well as a nonrev so I was wondering if anyone could tell how the loads are for month on ORD-DEL and suggest and particularly good days to go. I'm very flexible so could take off any time this month. Is OCT a bad month to go? You can send me a message if you don't want to post the loads.

Thanks!

Sean-SAN-

RE: Trying To Nonrev AA ORD-DEL

Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:38 am

You'd probably be better off buying a ZED ticket India-Europe-USA rather than chance it on one flight per day.

Also, without sounding racist, often when I nonreved to SE Asia (offline), I would see Indian-American and Filipino airline employees also nonreving. The bad part about this is that they often have a ton of people with them (all the parrents, spouse, kids) and it only takes a few of those to fill the plane up and get stuck.

akizidy214

Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:36 pm

Im guessing your going revenue standby? The loads are oversold frequently until the 20th, after that they are not so bad. But this route has a tendency to fill up quickly. You can go to aa.com and check the loads for your self.

[Edited 2006-10-03 06:42:23]
DCA

jetdeltamsy

Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:05 pm

Quoting Akizidy214 (Reply 2):
Im guessing your going revenue standby?

The title of the post is "non-rev". hmmmm.

AA292 ORD-DEL goes out full most of the time. Tonite, however, it went out with over 100 empty seats, probably because of the storms in Chicago and misconnects.

The rest of this week it's oversold.

Better get something positive space if you're looking to use AA292/293.
Tired of airline bankruptcies....EA/PA/TW and finally DL.

mjlhou

Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:35 pm

Hi LHUSA...

as other posters have said...it's full a lot of the time....unfortunately for non-revs....but good for business.  optimist  But, if u choose the right days.....you could be ok. I've got a lot of friends working for AA and this is what I'm told.

Cheers

MJL
Don't worry about things you can't change or control

ONTFlyer

Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:21 pm

Quoting Sean-SAN- (Reply 1):
Also, without sounding racist

My girlfriend is of one of the ethnic backgrounds that you mentioned and she wasn't offended and neither was I (Asian-American) but just be alert that any time you preface a statement like that, some people are going to instantly have their antennas raised so to speak. So no worries here but just be careful no matter how harmless the intentions may be.

ONT
Doin' just fine thanks...