vega

US Airways Alternative To The A350?

Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:49 pm

What will US Airways do if Airbus cancels the A350?

http://www.forbes.com/2006/10/05/air...n_1005airbus.html?partner=yahootix

Parker must already be aware of this possibility and have a fallback plan. My guess - he's got a few 787 leases with ILFC on standby waiting for an official announcement - maybe for delivery as soon as next year. US would then scribe a purchase order for the next available lot.
We are but a moment in this vast Universe and when gone we will never have existed.

manni

RE: US Airways Alternative To The A350?

Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:55 pm

Quoting Vega (Thread starter):
My guess - he's got a few 787 leases with ILFC on standby waiting for an official announcement - maybe for delivery as soon as next year.

That would be impressive. Must have missed Boeings' announcement that the 787 will be a year earlier in service as planned.

Jokes aside. If anything US will order more A330s. A lot more needs to hapen before US drops the company that was prepared to save their butt.
SUPPORT THE LEBANESE CIVILIANS

columba

Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:58 pm

Quoting Manni (Reply 1):
If anything US will order more A330s. A lot more needs to hapen before US drops the company that was prepared to save their butt.

checkmark 
It will forever be a McDonnell Douglas MD 80 , Boeing MD 80 sounds so wrong

SHUPirate1

Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:58 pm

Parker must already be aware of this possibility and have a fallback plan.

Fallback Plan? What's that?

Sincerely,

Every airline executive on the face of this earth not working out of Love Field.
Burma's constitutional referendum options: A. Yes, B. Go to Insein Prison!

PHLBOS

Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:25 pm

Quoting SHUPirate1 (Reply 3):
Parker must already be aware of this possibility and have a fallback plan.

Sincerely,

Every airline executive on the face of this earth not working out of Love Field.

confused To paraphrase Tina Turner, "What's LUV got to do with this?"

I thought this thread was focusing on US not WN.
"TransEastern! You'll feel like you've never left the ground because we treat you like dirt!" SNL Parady ad circa 1981

NYC777

Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:20 am

Three numbers: 787.
Heck they don't owe anything to Airbus and they should have the best possible aircraft out there. The 787-8 would be perfect fit for them.
That which does not kill me makes me stronger.

EasternSon

Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:03 am

Quoting NYC777 (Reply 5):
Heck they don't owe anything to Airbus and they should have the best possible aircraft out there. The 787-8 would be perfect fit for them.

I remember several threads mentioning the very large rift created between US Air and Boeing a few years back.

If Airbus does stop the A350XWB, will US Air and Boeing make up, or is there still enough animosity to kill potential orders?
"The only people for me are the mad ones...." Jack Kerouac

N328KF

Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:07 am

Quoting EasternSon (Reply 6):
I remember several threads mentioning the very large rift created between US Air and Boeing a few years back.

If Airbus does stop the A350XWB, will US Air and Boeing make up, or is there still enough animosity to kill potential orders?

I don't know why everyone keeps pointing to this.

US Airways in 2006 does not equal US Airways of old. You are really talking about what used to be America West, management intact, which happens to have acquired the assets and employees of US Airways. America West had a cordial (though not necessarily close) relationship to Boeing.
When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'Present' or 'Not guilty.' -Theodore Roosevelt

flyboyaz

Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:08 am

I know someone at work asked about this. They were told basically nothing...lol...just that we are waiting to see what happens. We have more A330's on order I believe...the -200's. If anything they would probably just take them instead. While it's possible we could see the 787...I don't think it will happen.
Catch a ride on a smile!

antoniemey

Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:10 am

Sincerely,

Umm... CO?
Make something Idiot-proof, and the Universe will make a more inept idiot.

D L X

Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:15 am

I remember several threads mentioning the very large rift created between US Air and Boeing a few years back

That was two (three?) management teams ago. I doubt that the events causing the rift have much effect now. All that has effect now is money, moolah, cheddar, etc.

Charliejag1

Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:17 am

Quoting PHLBOS (Reply 4):
To paraphrase Tina Turner, "What's LUV got to do with this?"

I thought this thread was focusing on US not WN.

AMEN!

Three numbers: 787.

Crossing my fingers . . .

We were talking about this at the office too and the company obviously hasn't made any internal announcements or murmers as of yet. I am hoping for the 787, but we owe Airbus. My stance is, if they (Airbus) cannot come up with the plane that fits our plan (A350), we shouldn't have to hold up our end of the arrangement. Thus, we would be free to go for the Dreamliner. Can somebody clarify whether or not we are committed to Airbus in return for the loan forgivement or is it just a handshake deal.

flyboyaz

Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:22 am

I thought the loan to Airbus was paid back....
Catch a ride on a smile!

Lumberton

Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:25 am

Quoting Flyboyaz (Reply 12):
I thought the loan to Airbus was paid back....

That's my understanding as well. Didn't Parker state a few months back that they were under no obligation anymore to take the A350?
"When all is said and done, more will be said than done".

NYC777

Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:37 am

I think you guys are right. The loan has been repayed and they are free to buy anything they want. They owe Airbus nothing.
That which does not kill me makes me stronger.

jdwfloyd

Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:42 am

Quoting Lumberton (Reply 13):
That's my understanding as well. Didn't Parker state a few months back that they were under no obligation anymore to take the A350?

The only thing US still owes Airbus is a hand shake for the loan. Everything is paid back.

This management team is running US like a business and less like an airline. So they will go with the A/C that will keep them in the black. Waiting for an A/C they may never even be built is not conducive to this strategy. IMO US will opt for the 787-800 and still take the deliveries of the 332s and 321s that are on order. Those Airbuses will be the last to come from France with US paint on them. By the time US is ready to replace their narrow body fleet Boeing will have it waiting for them. In twenty years the last remaining Airbuses wearing US's livery will be the 332s and 333s.

EasternSon

Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:22 am

Quoting N328KF (Reply 7):
I don't know why everyone keeps pointing to this.

US Airways in 2006 does not equal US Airways of old.

I understand that there is different management now. I wasn't trying to stir anything up, but rather asking a question.

Is there still 'old' US Air influence around to dissuade future Boeing orders? Enough for them to just sit back and see what pans out with the A350?

FCYTravis

Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:30 am

Quoting EasternSon (Reply 16):
Is there still 'old' US Air influence around to dissuade future Boeing orders? Enough for them to just sit back and see what pans out with the A350?

US Airways can't wait that long. They're in desperate need of new widebody aircraft to expand the PHL transatlantic hub, open up FRA/LGW from Phoenix and potentially go transpacific. They can't economically do any of that with the planes they have now - every A333 is spoken for.

Heck, the 762s are about to go through a complete interior refresh including new Envoy seats. I'm sure Parker would rather not spend the money on that, but he doesn't really have a choice given that they won't be replaced for another decade or so now. US might end up the last major airline to fly transatlantic 767s.
USAir A321 service now departing for SFO with fuel stops in CAK, COS and RNO. Enjoy your flight.

EasternSon

Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:32 am

Quoting FCYTravis (Reply 17):
They're in desperate need of new widebody aircraft to expand the PHL transatlantic hub, open up FRA/LGW from Phoenix and potentially go transpacific.

How would either the A350 or B787 help on transpacific routes? Aren't these aircraft made for medium-haul?

If they can't wait for the A350, and don't want to spend money upgrading the older B767, why wouldn't they order more A330 aircraft? Wouldn't they be delivered before either the A350 or B787?

Lumberton

Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:33 am

Quoting EasternSon (Reply 18):
Aren't these aircraft made for medium-haul?

On the contrary. Check out their specifications on the respective manufacturer's web sites.

Stitch

Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:37 am

Quoting Manni (Reply 1):
If anything US will order more A330s.

Agreed. The A330s fit their route structure well. If Airbus can get newer generation engines on them, they should meet US' near-term needs even better.

While time heals all wounds, money works about as well, I imagine.  Wink

How would either the A350 or B787 help on transpacific routes? Aren't these aircraft made for medium-haul?

Both planes are claimed to be capable of over 8000nm range, easily handling trans-Pacific ops.

flyusairways

Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:53 am

Quoting Jdwfloyd (Reply 15):
This management team is running US like a business and less like an airline. So they will go with the A/C that will keep them in the black

Exactly. What it comes down to is that business is business and Parker is bound to do what is best for his airline. Without any obligation to the A350, I'm sure Parker will be smart and keep his aircraft options open. IMO, any airline should do whatever is necessary to profitable, and therefore not worry about pledging complete loyalty to one manufacturer. After all, that is what the business world is often all about.

Oh, and I would love to see the 787 is US Airways colors!

[Edited 2006-10-06 22:54:17]
All nonstop flights are direct, but not all direct flights are nonstop!

FCYTravis

Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:07 am

If they can't wait for the A350, and don't want to spend money upgrading the older B767, why wouldn't they order more A330 aircraft?

Because then US is stuck for years with a progressively-obsolescent transatlantic widebody fleet of late-1980s-design aircraft instead of beginning the transition to 21st-century, high-efficiency airframes.

US isn't one of these super-rich Arabian airlines that can afford to buy one or two of everything - given their frugal management style, whatever widebody USAir orders next will become the airline's international backbone well into the mid-part of the 21st century. US would be brain-dead if they placed any orders for A330s beyond what's already on the books (10 A330-200s) - especially with oil prices where they are today.

[Edited 2006-10-06 23:10:50]
USAir A321 service now departing for SFO with fuel stops in CAK, COS and RNO. Enjoy your flight.

columba

Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:18 am

Quoting NYC777 (Reply 14):
I think you guys are right. The loan has been repayed and they are free to buy anything they want. They owe Airbus nothing.

I wonder how you would react if the loan came from Boeing and they would now turn their back to them and ordering Airbus instead.
Sure the loan is paid back but although it may sound naive I believe even in the aviation business there is a thing called decency.
Airbus helped out as US Airways was in trouble not long ago and now as Airbus is facing some problems US will not turn their back to them and drop them.
As long as Airbus will not cancel the A350 US will stick to it for now.
The A330 is not an undated aircraft even if the first 787 will enter service.
As the A330 entered service not all 767s had been replaced with it although the A330 was the more modern aircraft with better economics.
Airbus will not cancel the A350 it is too important for them and the airlines.
It would be the worst thing that can happen if the 787 is the only aircraft available in that segment. The airlines that have ordered it now and would have to wait for their A350s because of another delay will get some compensation by Airbus or take delivery of some interim A330s for a good price untill their A350s are available.

Lumberton

Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:28 am

Quoting Columba (Reply 23):
Airbus helped out as US Airways was in trouble not long ago and now as Airbus is facing some problems US will not turn their back to them and drop them.

Was this from the goodness of their heart, or a rational business decision to keep one of their largest customers afloat?

The airlines that have ordered it now and would have to wait for their A350s because of another delay will get some compensation by Airbus or take delivery of some interim A330s for a good price untill their A350s are available.

People blithely talk about "compensation" from Airbus as though it's a business strategy, and not the penultimate worst case scenario. I strongly suspect that the "compensation" will never make up for the lost revenue for the airlines and certainly won't endear them to Airbus. Also, there isn't an A330 "tree" where they grow these things. There is quite a backlog.

vega

Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:43 am

Quoting FCYTravis (Reply 17):
US Airways can't wait that long. They're in desperate need of new widebody aircraft to expand the PHL transatlantic hub, open up FRA/LGW from Phoenix and potentially go transpacific. They can't economically do any of that with the planes they have now - every A333 is spoken for.

That is exactly the point. The 330-200s due in 2008 MAY do PHX-Japan, but would it be economically feasible. It should easily do PHX-LGW, but PHL-Asia, or deep South America will require the A350 or 787. The ? is what are Parker's future plans for international?

Quoting Manni (Reply 1):
That would be impressive. Must have missed Boeings' announcement that the 787 will be a year earlier in service as planned.

Must have been asleep at the wheel - meant 2008. ILFC has at least 20 on firm order in the 1st and 2nd runs.

Quoting Jdwfloyd (Reply 15):
The only thing US still owes Airbus is a hand shake for the loan. Everything is paid back.

I believe the contract for the purchase of the 350s is binding regardless of whether the loan is paid. The only escape clause is failure to meet performance or delivery schedule - both of which apply if AB cancels the aircraft..
We are but a moment in this vast Universe and when gone we will never have existed.

Stitch

Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:51 am

Quoting FCYTravis (Reply 22):
US would be brain-dead if they placed any orders for A330s beyond what's already on the books (10 A330-200s) - especially with oil prices where they are today.

However, if Airbus re-engines new-build A330s and GE/RR make those engines available to re-engine their existing A330 fleet, that would continue to give US an efficient, reliable and effective fleet of widebodies into the future.

True, they won't be as great as the 787 or the A350, but they won't be crap, either.

FCYTravis

Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:12 am

Quoting Vega (Reply 25):
I believe the contract for the purchase of the 350s is binding regardless of whether the loan is paid. The only escape clause is failure to meet performance or delivery schedule - both of which apply if AB cancels the aircraft..

Actually, the delivery schedule won't be met - that happened when Airbus "relaunched" the aircraft as the A350XWB and reset the EIS date. Doug and US Airways upper management have been suspiciously silent about the new Airbus.

In a Crew News segment, Doug said the airline is exploring its widebody options.

Sinlock

Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:04 am

Quoting Charliejag1 (Reply 11):
Can somebody clarify whether or not we are committed to Airbus in return for the loan forgivement or is it just a handshake deal

Ok here is how it went. Airbus issued a loan for $500M. GE Capital payed off the loan to Airbus. There was NO loan forgivement.

Quoting Lumberton (Reply 13):

In one of the Crew News videos Parker stated that "they were under no obligation anymore to take the A350?" but only if A350 did not meet our requirements.

From my point of view it doesn't, The A350 has evolved into a much larger aircraft back from the days the Airbus-US deal was made. It no longer fills the role of a 767 replacement. On avrage in a 3-Class config The A350-800XWB would 30% more people then the aircraft it would replace for US.

[Edited 2006-10-07 04:05:26]

United787

Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:01 pm

Just buy more A330s. They are still better than 767s, right?

PanAm_DC10
Crew

Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:05 pm

My guess - he's got a few 787 leases with ILFC on standby waiting for an official announcement - maybe for delivery as soon as next year.

Even if that was an option sir they could not do it as ILFC won't take delivery of any 787s until 2010 and even in that event they are all placed. Just not yet publicly announced by ILFC.

Regards, PanAm_DC10
Ask the impossible to achieve the best possible

FCYTravis

Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:08 pm

Quoting PanAm_DC10 (Reply 30):
Even if that was an option sir they could not do it as ILFC won't take delivery of any 787s until 2010 and even in that event they are all placed. Just not yet publicly announced by ILFC.

What's to say that some of those unannounced placements weren't reserved by US Airways?

Food for thought, at least.

PanAm_DC10
Crew

Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:28 pm

Quoting FCYTravis (Reply 31):
What's to say that some of those unannounced placements weren't reserved by US Airways?

Food for thought, at least.

A valid point sir though I am not sure ILFC have enough to meet the need of US as they have 20 on order. Not trying to go too far off topic but ILFC have 22 ordered and announced 2 + 2 options for Air Seychelles, 2 for FlyGlobespan, 3 + 2 for AM and most likely 4 for Skymark, Japan. Unless ILFC have ordered more as UFO.

Regards, PanAm_DC10

vega

Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:58 pm

Quoting PanAm_DC10 (Reply 32):
A valid point sir though I am not sure ILFC have enough to meet the need of US as they have 20 on order. Not trying to go too far off topic but ILFC have 22 ordered and announced 2 + 2 options for Air Seychelles, 2 for FlyGlobespan, 3 + 2 for AM and most likely 4 for Skymark, Japan. Unless ILFC have ordered more as UFO.

Additionally, I believe Pegasus still has 2 unannounced 787 aircraft and there are at least 3 UFOs. What I think we are trying to do here in the arena of educated guesses at best, is solicit opinions on what aircraft US could use if the A350 became unavailable. Consequently, if someone cuts the legs off of a suggestion, they are, with gracious consideration, obliged to propose an alternate solution. Without a backup for the 350, US will likely evolve into at best a no-growth airline. If they want to grow internationally, they need to do it from PHL and PHX. In either location there is essentially no competition from any domestic carrier to Europe and no carrier to Asia/South America. All Parker has to do is build a capable fleet and routes and the passengers will come - he essentially has a captured audience in both of these locations.

PanAm_DC10
Crew

Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:42 pm

Quoting Vega (Reply 33):
What I think we are trying to do here in the arena of educated guesses at best, is solicit opinions on what aircraft US could use if the A350 became unavailable. Consequently, if someone cuts the legs off of a suggestion, they are, with gracious consideration, obliged to propose an alternate solution.

I understand your point sir and concur with it nor was the intent of my post to "cut off the legs" of a suggestion, as you politely put it. If I had wanted to do that I would have pointed out that the 787 is not scheduled for EIS in 2007 as you suggested in your original post.

Taking into account the fact that the US market has recovered sooner than the OEMs may have anticipated I would propose that US Airways, having been one of the few carriers to sign for the A350, will most likely find themselves in a very advantageous launch position with Airbus when they proceed with the A350. Even though delivery will be later than expected and the new model vastly different to that which they signed for this would be good leverage for them to potentially take more A330s in a deal with Airbus whom I am sure would like to retain their A350 commitment for the Industrial launch of the new model.

From my previous post and this one hopefully you will see that 787s via ILFC in the timeframe you mentioned seems highly unlikely. Out of respect I have now provided an additional post which you could construe as a solicited opinion on what aircraft US could use if the A350 were to become unavailable, which I don't believe will happen.

Regards, PanAm_DC10

hz747300

Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:27 pm

Quoting Manni (Reply 1):
Jokes aside. If anything US will order more A330s. A lot more needs to hapen before US drops the company that was prepared to save their butt.

I believe the agreement calls for an out clause if the delivery cannot be met by a certain date. Anyhoo, as long as the A330 is in production, then they can order that. One problem is that the A330-300 series could not do PHX/LAS to Europe in the summer season. Maybe they can downgrade their orders to the A332, or US could move their 767s west when PHX/LAS to Europe is launched.

Or, once HP is full STAR Alliance, Lufthansa will relaunch daily PHX service which US could codeshare on--that would make sense. The question would be FRA or MUC???
Keep on truckin'...

MCOflyer

Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:06 pm

My guess is that the A350 program will go down and Parker will order B788 a/c. In addition to that he will order B737 a/c to replace a320x.

MCOflyer
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

John

Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:43 pm

The only new 737 I could potentially see US interested in, would be the 739ER.

atct

Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:27 am

Sincerely,

Exactly!

Scareways (at least post-piedmont/pre-merger with Cacti) was never one that thought too much in the future. Wouldnt mind seeing 787's though in Scareways colors...too bad I'll never see em in Houston.

ATCT
Trikes are for kids!

thegooddoctor

Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:14 am

The A330 is not an undated aircraft even if the first 787 will enter service.

Yeah - I'm trying to imagine you singing the same song if it was the A350 and not the 787 being compared to the A330.

Predictions for US Airways:

1) A350 gets dropped. Too many hang ups, the aircraft is different than originally agreed to.

2) US buys 787s. US's chilly relationship with Boeing is a matter of ancient history - the move of the corporate headquarters to Phoenix from Philadelphia was not just symbolic...

3) US will replace the 737s currently in fleet long before it looks to replace the Airbus.

4) The 757s are also getting a little ragged - more in the HP fleet than the US fleet, from what I understand. I could see the routes these fly being split between more A321s and maybe 739ERs domestically.

5) LH will start PHX-FRA long before US has the aircraft to start international expansion of any meaning...
The GoodDoctor

FCYTravis

Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:36 am

Quoting HZ747300 (Reply 35):
One problem is that the A330-300 series could not do PHX/LAS to Europe in the summer season. Maybe they can downgrade their orders to the A332

US already has 10 A332s on order.

columba

Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:58 am

Quoting Thegooddoctor (Reply 39):
Yeah - I'm trying to imagine you singing the same song if it was the A350 and not the 787 being compared to the A330.

Well if you would know my statements from other threads I am a big fan of Boeing and the 787 and yes Boeing had troubles in the late ´90s but they got over and now Airbus has problems and they will go over it, too.
I always have defended Boeing as their doom was predicted here not too long ago and now I am doing the same with Airbus there are so many people here from both side of the atlantic that only seem to be happy when either Airbus or Boeing is struggeling.

jdwfloyd

Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:43 am

Quoting Thegooddoctor (Reply 39):
the move of the corporate headquarters to Phoenix from Philadelphia was not just symbolic...

When did US have HQs in Philly?

A330323X

Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:42 pm

Quoting Vega (Reply 25):

US is not committed to the A350XWB, Parker has said so publicly that they can get out of the order with no problems should they so choose.

They're certainly not going to be as quick to cancel as some of the people on here, though.  Silly

Quoting Sinlock (Reply 28):
Ok here is how it went. Airbus issued a loan for $500M. GE Capital payed off the loan to Airbus.

On what planet did it go anything at all like that?  Yeah sure
I'm the expert on here on two things, neither of which I care about much anymore.

FCYTravis

Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:46 pm

Quoting A330323X (Reply 43):
They're certainly not going to be as quick to cancel as some of the people on here, though.  

Guilty as charged...  Wink

Hope springs eternal that US will get some more widebodies. I just want to see PHX service open up so I don't have to transit PHL :p

There are worse places to connect, though, and A-West is darn nice.

Charliejag1

Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:13 pm

Sure the loan is paid back but although it may sound naive I believe even in the aviation business there is a thing called decency.

Theres a difference between decency and volunteering to ride the sinking ship to the bottom of the ocean. Parker is smarter than that. Airbus cannot expect US the stick with the A350 through redesigns, delays, and questions of project cancellation.

columba

Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:02 pm

Quoting Charliejag1 (Reply 45):
Theres a difference between decency and volunteering to ride the sinking ship to the bottom of the ocean. Parker is smarter than that. Airbus cannot expect US the stick with the A350 through redesigns, delays, and questions of project cancellation.

I agree that US have to see what is best for them. But so far nobody here is really knowing what Airbus is planning to do. Some here paint the future of Airbus in the darkest colors. The A350 is too important for Airbus to leave that segment to Boeing so they will think of something to keep their customers happy until the A350 is available and they also make sure that not the same mistakes happen again.
US knows that, they will wait what Airbus has to say to them and if they are satified they will stay with the A350 and if not they might go with Boeing.

What I meant with decency is that the people at US first will try to work out things with Airbus before they will running to Boeing excuse themself for being an Airbus customer for so long and order dozends of 787s and 737s like so many here have suggested.
They will not drop Airbus like a hot potato just because they will get their A350s later.
So far none of their biggest competitioners have ordered either the A350 or the 787 and even if DL and AA and others will order the 787 they will not be the first to get it. As long as that the A330 is still a competitive plane...hell even NW used the DC 10 while others used 767s and A330s on the same routes.
I just wait and see how are thinks are developing. Airbus is having a big crisis but none that will lead to their end. Problems can be solved it will costs and they will face a hard time the next two years but it is not the end of the A350 or of the A380 or of Airbus as a company.

Another thought that Mr. Parker may have:"Better some additional A330s for a very good price as a comensation for the A350 delay now as full price 787 in 5 years."

[Edited 2006-10-08 10:07:17]

thegooddoctor

Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:17 am

Quoting Jdwfloyd (Reply 42):

My bad  Smile It slipped my mind that they were in Arlington.... The point was that they moved the headquarters across the country because it was, for the most part, a changing of the guard.

S
The GoodDoctor

ATWZW170

Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:33 am

US doesn't owe Airbus anything. Airbus has been paid back in full and if they are in turn going to have another delay on a program then Dougie needs to have the ability to make a smart business decission - Airbus needs to treat US Airways like any other customer - really compete for their business.

If the A350 doesn't happen I'd like to see US Airways get new 767's or other A330's. Just as long as they have a plane that can reach from PHX to places like FRA, LGW, PAR, HNL --- and I have to admit I'd love to see service to Asia.
Success is getting what you want...happiness is liking what you get

steeler83

Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:13 am

Quoting Jdwfloyd (Reply 42):

Yeah, it was started up in da burgh as All-American Aviation, and then moved to Arlington VA before the merger with HP...

Quoting Thegooddoctor (Reply 47):
My bad It slipped my mind that they were in Arlington.... The point was that they moved the headquarters across the country because it was, for the most part, a changing of the guard.

It's all good man...  Smile
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.