sam1987

Jet2 New Routes From BFS

Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:12 am

LS today announced the launch of services from BFS to IBZ, PMI, BGY, PSA and TLS, all starting in summer 2007.

Will these be operated by new aircraft?

Does anybody know of any other new LS routes to be announced soon? I'm guessing some new UK domestic routes might be on the cards.
Next flights: LGW-LBA-LGW, LHR-SIN-SYD, SYD-BKK-LHR, LGW-GRO, GRO-CIA, CIA-MAD, MAD-LGW

BFS

RE: Jet2 New Routes From BFS

Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:01 am

Well obviously given my username, I should be delighted. However, I can't help but think that the (really rather limited) Northern Irish market is becoming oversaturated. At the end of the day, we have a small population that, compared to other areas of the UK and Ireland, is relatively cash poor.(the whole country, never mind Belfast itself) and I simply can't imagine that our economy can sustain prolonged demand for these routes.

Just my 2 cents...

sk736

Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:06 am

Quoting BFS (Reply 1):
At the end of the day, we have a small population that, compared to other areas of the UK and Ireland, is relatively cash poor.(the whole country, never mind Belfast itself) and I simply can't imagine that our economy can sustain prolonged demand for these routes.

Don't you know that Tourism Ireland spends millions on convincing people to come TO Northern Ireland? For every route offered there are two markets!

Humberside

Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:17 am

Hasn't BFS-PSA been flown this summer?

Anyone know the frequencies of the new routes?
Visit the Air Humberside Website and Forum

BFS

Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:48 am

Quoting SK736 (Reply 2):
Don't you know that Tourism Ireland spends millions on convincing people to come TO Northern Ireland? For every route offered there are two markets!

I am aware of this, but if you go down to Aldergrove and look at the people coming off these flights, you will see that, for the most part, it is a one-way market. Tourism in Northern Ireland has come on leaps and bounds in the past few years and I for one am very proud of my city and my country and the progress it has made. However, I just feel that this continual expansion may be too much and will end in tears. Not that I am pessimistic hehe

sk736

Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:20 pm

Quoting BFS (Reply 4):
Tourism in Northern Ireland has come on leaps and bounds in the past few years and I for one am very proud of my city and my country and the progress it has made.

And so you should be. I work regularly in Belfast and Derry and I have to say that Northern Ireland is a fantastic place. Unfortunately many people still have a distorted view of what it's like there - let's hope Tourism Ireland succeeds in changing those views!

cwldude

Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:51 am

Nice to see an airline that isn't EZY expanding at BFS! I like LS so am glad to see it's them who are expanding on a really mass scale for next summer too  Smile
Thomson Airways - The UKs premier charter airline // now flown : BY -AA -AJ -AE -AT; OO -AX -AU -RA -BG; BRIG; OBYD