hawaiian717

Aloha Sues Mesa

Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:31 am

Quote:
In a suit filed today by Aloha Airlines, Inc., and Aloha Airgroup, Inc., in state Circuit Court, Aloha said Mesa Air Group, Inc., received confidential information as a potential investor in Aloha and used it improperly to enter Hawaii's inter-island market with intent to drive Aloha out of business.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/061013/laf061.html?.v=1

777ER
Crew

RE: Aloha Sues Mesa

Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:13 am

Wasn't that the same reasons that HA took YV to court for? Will be interesting to see how this turns out
Head Forum Moderator
moderators@airliners.net

ha763

Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:06 pm

Good for AQ. I thought they were going brush off the information from the email, but I'm glad they didn't. Maybe with Bethune on the Board they finally got some big ones. It also seems that they have been encouraged by the ruling on HA's injunction. Although the injunction was denied, the comments made by the judge was still critical of Mesa.

Quoting 777ER (Reply 1):
Wasn't that the same reasons that HA took YV to court for?

Sort of, but AQ is also saying that YV is using the information to drive them out of business.

aloha73g

Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:36 pm

Quoting Ha763 (Reply 2):
Good for AQ. I thought they were going brush off the information from the email, but I'm glad they didn't. Maybe with Bethune on the Board they finally got some big ones. It also seems that they have been encouraged by the ruling on HA's injunction. Although the injunction was denied, the comments made by the judge was still critical of Mesa.

Yes, I recall reading in the ruling, or hearing in the analysis, that
Judge Faris thought Aloha would have had a stronger case than Hawaiian did. This, along with Bethune's "fight 'em" attitude is probably responsible for the suit.

Good Luck to AQ and HA!!

-Aloha!
Aloha Airlines - The Spirit Moves Us. Gone but NEVER Forgotten. Aloha, A Hui Hou!

777ER
Crew

Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:45 pm

Quoting Ha763 (Reply 2):
Quoting 777ER (Reply 1):
Wasn't that the same reasons that HA took YV to court for?

Sort of, but AQ is also saying that YV is using the information to drive them out of business.

I thought HA also used that reason (in reference to both HA and AQ), obviously didn't
Head Forum Moderator
moderators@airliners.net

Bluewave 707

Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:15 pm

Weren't statements made by Mesa personnel (read high level execs) to the media about wanting to "kill" AQ? If these statements were made, and there's tape to prove it, AQ could have a real strong case. We shall see what happens next.

Considering what Gordon Bethune did for CO, and being the scrappy guy he is, this could well be the shot in the arm AQ needs to solidify itself in the Hawaiian market.

... and now go! has go!Express, with Mokulele Air as its partner. Hmm ... that almost sounds like what AQ did for PV (now WP) many years ago.
"The best use of your life will be to so live your life, that the use of your life will outlive your life" -- D Severn