KiwiTEAL
Topic Author

Strange Aircraft In Sydney - Any Ideas?

Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:26 pm

Hi All,

Driving past Qantas Airbase at Mascot in the last couple of days, I have seen an untitled 737 (I think?) parked up amongst the many QF planes - all white, but with a dark blue tail fin with 6 grey stars in a crescent shape. It was hard to tell while keeping my eyes on the road.

Would this be an ex European Aircharter aircraft - possibly destined for OzJet? It didn't appear to be a cargo plane.

Any ideas from the Sydney A.net contingent?

John
KiwiTEAL

Stealthz

RE: Strange Aircraft In Sydney - Any Ideas?

Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:47 pm

Quoting KiwiTEAL (Thread starter):
I have seen an untitled 737 (I think?) parked up amongst the many QF planes - all white, but with a dark blue tail fin with 6 grey stars in a crescent shape

John, might have to send you back to Aircraft Recognition Refresher school!!  
That "737" would most likely be this-

A330 of HiFly, formerly Air Luxor, almost a full time resident at SYD and spends much of it's time performing military charters for Aus Govt.

BTW I understand the difficulty of driving and identifying the glimpses you get between other planes and buildings.

Cheers
Chris

PS. If you drive around the Eastern Park area of SYD between now and Monday 16th Oct. you might be surprised to see another visitor a long way from home, A Loftleidir Icelandic B757

[Edited 2006-10-14 06:52:22]
If your camera sends text messages, that could explain why your photos are rubbish!

KiwiTEAL
Topic Author

RE: Strange Aircraft In Sydney - Any Ideas?

Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:03 pm

ohhhhhhhhhh thanks Chris,

Yes that drive from inter to domestic is a pain - my wife says they should put up a 5mtr wall!!!!!!!!!! she is so afraid I will have a crash!

Must admit tho - that the tail insignia is so similar to European Air Charter, but looking at pics in the database, their stars are yellow/gold- but still in the same "crescent" shape?

Thankyou for taking the time to reply....

John
KiwiTEAL