Humberside
Topic Author

More Airlines And Flights For CVT

Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:15 pm

Quote:
Coventry airport could soon be the gateway for flights to a further five countries, according to airport bosses. The news comes hot on the heels of this week's announcement that Wizz Air will be flying to Poland from the airport from next spring.

Chris Orphanou, a director at the airport, revealed that he is lining up more airlines to put on services into Ireland and continental Europe. He said: 'We are trying to marry our potential with passenger airlines and move into areas like western Ireland, Germany, Bulgaria, Romania and Italy. We expect to be making more announcements very, very soon.'

The expansion will depend on planning approval being given for a controversial new passenger terminal, which was subject to a public inquiry. Orphanou said he was 'more than confident' they would get the go-ahead when the inquiry inspector reports early next year.

http://www.uk-airport-news.info/coventry-airport-news-141006.htm

Sounds to me like Aer Arann could be interested in Galway and a German LoCo are also interested. As for Romania, maybe Wizz Air or even Blue Air?
Visit the Air Humberside Website and Forum

gilesdavies

RE: More Airlines And Flights For CVT

Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:13 pm

What are the terminal facilities like at Coventry these days?

I have never flown from there and cannot really comment, but from other people I have spoken to they are far from ideal. People have told me they are extremely cramped and uncomfortable, and if more than two flights are being checked in at once the facility struggles to cope... Is this true?

Has the new terminal got planning permission yet and when is it due to open?

Airlines will probably steer clear of the airport unless certain levels of service can be assured.

vfw614

Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:24 pm

Cannot see a German loco - HLX have tried CVT, failed miserably and now serve BHX. Germanwings could not make BHX work with their 150seaters, so CVT seems to be out of the question.

Humberside
Topic Author

Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:55 am

Quoting Gilesdavies (Reply 1):
Has the new terminal got planning permission yet and when is it due to open?

From the article  Wink

Quote:
The expansion will depend on planning approval being given for a controversial new passenger terminal, which was subject to a public inquiry. Orphanou said he was 'more than confident' they would get the go-ahead when the inquiry inspector reports early next year.
Visit the Air Humberside Website and Forum

cwldude

Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:16 am

I hope they get the new terminal - Coventry has the potential to be a pretty damn good airport! Certainly sounds like Aer Arann are interested, I don't know who could operate the German routes, I would have said Hapagfly or HLX due to their TUI connections, but as said, they've tried it before and failed, possibly Air Berlin? Bulgaria sounds pretty Thomsonfly to me, as does Italy, however that could also be Ryanair?? As for Romania... I haven't a clue!

Anyway... best of luck to Coventry - whatever comes of them  Smile
Thomson Airways - The UKs premier charter airline // now flown : BY -AA -AJ -AE -AT; OO -AX -AU -RA -BG; BRIG; OBYD