ramerinianair

CO And DL: Finalize Summer AUA Schedules

Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:47 pm

I am trying to book reward seats to Aruba and there is VERY limited availability. The availability is worse than Europe has been the last 2 years.
Anyway, please let me know when the update/finalize their Summer schedules to include the correct frequencies and equipment to AUA. I am hoping that they will add the seasonal frequencies and rewards seats will follow shortly after.
Also, I am SkyTeam elite so, I would like to stay with them. Does anybody have any tips for booking rewards seats to AUA from NYC??
Thanks,
SR
W N = my Worst Nightmare!!!!!

AUA747

RE: CO And DL: Finalize Summer AUA Schedules

Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:41 am

We havent received any slot request by DL or CO yet for the summer. However usually they maintain their regular schedules which are:

DL: ATL - AUA daily (except wednesdays and/or tuedays during low season)
JFK - AUA saturdays only

CO: EWR - AUA dialy (one extra flight on saturdays)
LGA - AUA saturdays only
IAH -AUA (twice weekly)

Usually they are pretty consistent with their schedule, so we will have to see. If I find out anything I'll keep u updated

dz09

Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:29 am

I am surprised you can't get reward seat for the summer. It is low season for Aruba. I got reward seats with CO even in high season many times. The problem may be that you are trying to get them well ahead of time.

ARGinLON

Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:13 am

it's probably too early to book. Wait a few months.

ramerinianair

Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:15 am

Usually, they say that they release seats 331 days in advance. I find that availability for domestic flights is usually released closer to 5-6m months and international 8-10 months. AUA is a gray area though, I don't know when they will release more seats.
AUA747, please e-mail me if you hear anything.
Thanks,
SR
W N = my Worst Nightmare!!!!!

semsem

Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:26 pm

I have flown on free tickets to the Caribbean on American and had no problems. Once to Aruba and once to Turks and Caicos but I was flexible with the dates.

I believe Jet Blue now fly to Aruba so maybe yo can get a good fare.