Anirudhvs
Topic Author

Virgin Atlantic In-flight Therapists

Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:39 pm

Hello Everyone,

I would love if you people could share your experience of the in-flight treatments offered on Virgin Atlantic Upper Class?

Does anyone know the therepists- Amy and Nisha?

Regards,
Anirudh.

Jerseyguy

RE: Virgin Atlantic In-flight Therapists

Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:03 am

Oh message therapists, when I read the title I thought you meant shrinks  Big grin
Webmaster of an unoffical TTN page see profile for details

IFEMaster

Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:08 am

Quoting Anirudhvs (Thread starter):
Does anyone know the therepists- Amy and Nisha?

Well, there are more than two massage therapists  Smile

It's a nice service. I experienced it one time...just got a 'Hot Hands' hand massage and a 'Back in the Clouds' neck and shoulder massage. It was pretty decent, nothing you wouldn't get at any decent day spa, but quite a nice gimmick for an airline. My massage therapist was a very sweet girl named Jesminda.
Delivering Anecdotes of Dubious Relevance Since 1978

robertmalpass

Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:09 am

Last time I went Upper Class with VS I had the lower arm and hand massage which was really nice. Lasted about 10-15 minutes. However my partner had the neck/shoulder thing which he said was really good too. The neck/shoulder thing was really popular on our flight (VS001 to EWR) and so I got my arm/hand massage sooner as she was tired of doing shoulders. You sit on a small stool in the nose (A zone???) of the 747 and similar on the A346. Enjoy!

antonovman

Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:27 am

What happens with these therapists in the event of an emergency ?
Do they act like flight attendants, ie are they trained to assist in emergencies or are they treated as passengers

Qatara340

Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:39 am

I got a treatment for a manicure in Dubai aboard A346. They were really kind and attentive. On my way to IAD, I prompted for a neck and back rub--which really helped since I had a bad back that day!

Apparently, on each flight the treatments differ.
لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله

Anirudhvs
Topic Author

Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:21 am

Quoting Antonovman (Reply 4):
What happens with these therapists in the event of an emergency ?
Do they act like flight attendants, ie are they trained to assist in emergencies or are they treated as passengers

hi ..thanks for taking part in this session ..... these therapists are trained in the same way as the other in-flight crew...it just that after their training is over some of them are selected as inflight therapists....they sometimes even help the cabin crew when they get too busy ..further question? most welcome..!! thanks ...anirudh...!!

Anirudhvs
Topic Author

Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:26 am

Quoting QatarA340 (Reply 5):
Apparently, on each flight the treatments differ.

no they do not differ..it is just that sometimes the country of destination maynot allow oils onboard...so they then havto cancel certain massages ...and sometimes the country of destination may not allow sharp objects like manicure tools...so sometimes ...they have to cancel the manicure...like on my lfight from delhi to london ..they could not do a manicure ..as the security laws at heathrow did not permit it on board...!!

Anirudhvs
Topic Author

Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:13 am

Quoting Jerseyguy (Reply 1):
Oh message therapists, when I read the title I thought you meant shrinks

now that is not funny at all !! anirudh

Qatara340

Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:02 pm

Quoting Anirudhvs (Reply 7):

no they do not differ..it is just that sometimes the country of destination maynot allow oils onboard...so they then havto cancel certain massages ...and sometimes the country of destination may not allow sharp objects like manicure tools...so sometimes ...they have to cancel the manicure...like on my lfight from delhi to london ..they could not do a manicure ..as the security laws at heathrow did not permit it on board...!!

Well on one flight they told me that the neck and scalp massage is not avaiable on this flight (no sharp objects here), but on the next flight the manicure was not available. So, they differ based on what personell they have available, and what onboard things they can carry.
لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله

soups

Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:15 am

LAX-LHR was told they where fully booked through the flight and that i couldn't receive this service however she woke me up in the middle of my sleep to ask me if i wanted one..said no and dozed off
Next destinations, Suarabaya, beirut, paris, Accra

Anirudhvs
Topic Author

Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:23 am

Quoting IFEMaster (Reply 2):
My massage therapist was a very sweet girl named Jesminda

jesminda is good ...but amy was realy hot..!!

starguy

Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:23 am

Quoting Anirudhvs (Reply 6):
hi ..thanks for taking part in this session ..... these therapists are trained in the same way as the other in-flight crew...it just that after their training is over some of them are selected as inflight therapists....they sometimes even help the cabin crew when they get too busy ..further question? most welcome..!! thanks ...anirudh...!!

I have to just make a slight correction to this statement. The Inflight Beauty Therapists are recruited as Therapist and must have extensive experience and or training in beauty therapy prior to applying. They go through the same medical, safety, emergency and security training as cabin crew but don't/shouldn't participate in services. In an emergency they can and will act in the same way as main crew.

Anirudhvs
Topic Author

Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:54 am

Quoting StarGuy (Reply 12):
I have to just make a slight correction to this statement. The Inflight Beauty Therapists are recruited as Therapist and must have extensive experience and or training in beauty therapy prior to applying. They go through the same medical, safety, emergency and security training as cabin crew but don't/shouldn't participate in services. In an emergency they can and will act in the same way as main crew.

Thanks for the info...they can take part in the cabin service if they are free..