Beaucaire
Topic Author

What Is The Status Of The Suchoi RRJ..?

Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:01 am

Could any members give us an update on the RRJ program ?
What's the latest status of homologation,test-flights,roumors???
Please respect animals - don't eat them...

domokun

RE: What Is The Status Of The Suchoi RRJ..?

Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:52 am

Funny, I was wondering this same thing.

I have heard and read from various places (nothing too credible/important) that Boeing is a co-manager or risk sharing partner in this project. I have not been able to find out just how much risk Boeing has taken on in this project; it would be somewhat interesting to know. Thinking about how he 787 is a rather globalized product, it would be interesting if Boeing started to procure (assembled) airframes from outside the US entirely.

It just seems interesting that Boeing would take a small but somewhat noteworthy role in RRJ production and just leave it at that. I would think they only share technology with those whom they see as stable partners.

Based on the Sukhoi RRJ page it seems like, at lease in the PR world, they anticipate selling frames outside the CIS.

While the credibility of Wikipedia is sometimes questionable, the Wikipedia RRJ page has some information about orders.

Perhaps it's because I am really sick and have a fever but the RRJ looks (somewhat) like a 787 shrink (just an observation, no connotation here).

Anyone have more info?

Beaucaire
Topic Author

Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:34 am

Rekkof should hire the Suchoi web-master for the design of a decent web-site....

http://www.sukhoi.superjet100.com/en_main.html
Please respect animals - don't eat them...

domokun

Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:36 am

Quoting Beaucaire (Reply 2):
Rekkof should hire the Suchoi web-master for the design of a decent web-site....

Ah! Flash overload  Smile