Reedyreed
Topic Author

Bahf C-97(377)Stratocruisr Flying Museum

Wed Jul 05, 2000 12:00 pm

Soon to be back in the skies again after a long rest will be the C-97(377) Boeing Stratcruiser. Owned and operated by the Berlin Airlift Historical Foundation from Toms River N.J.USA.She will be fitted out as a flying museum and will have displays and showcases and memorabilia inside pertaining to it's history as a great prop transport and airliner of the 50's with the likes of Panam,Northwest,AOA,United,SAS and BOAC. Only 2 airworthy STRATS survive today in the WORLD.The other STRAT is a firebomber in WYO.When completed she will join the museum's other popular Airshow aircraft the C-54 Skymaster named the "Spirit Of Freedom"Membership is always welcomed! Be apart of a rare aviation event ready to take off in the very near future.Contact me or our web site for more details.

Ilyushin96M

RE: Bahf C-97(377)Stratocruisr Flying Museum

Wed Jul 05, 2000 1:06 pm

It's awesome to know one of these great beasts is being restored to flying condition. Too bad it isn't one of the original pax-configured 377 Strats. I have heard that no pax Strats are in existance any more.  

na

RE: Bahf C-97(377)Stratocruisr Flying Museum

Wed Jul 05, 2000 5:23 pm

Nice to hear. I always liked this somewhat strange-looking aircraft.
One question about the C-97 soon flying again: is it a Stratocuiser or Stratofreighter? Whats the history of that particular plane?
BTW, I´ve excellent 3-side illustrations of a lot of different Strats. Drawings, so I cannot show it on the airliners.net archive.
I wanted to do so, but got no answer by the administrator so far since 3 weeks. Maybe he´s on vacation.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos