anthsaun

What New Airlines At The New MEX Terminal

Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:20 pm

Once the new T2 at MEX is ready there will be several slots available. The 54/hour operations will increase up to 60/hour at the busiest. So, my question is...

What new airlines will apply to serve MEX?

I learned a while ago that one of the many Chinese airlines is interested. Also, SK, AZ, Cathay, along with the new domestic ones.
Over 80 years in business say a lot about success

KLM685

RE: What New Airlines At The New MEX Terminal

Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:04 pm

Well basically the new terminal is not precisely to attract more new airlines into MEX, as only new gates are opening, not slots. The idea is to take the heavy traffic to the other side of the airport to release congestion from T1.

Of course it would be amazing that SK, AZ, and Cathay would come to MEX. But the demand is still not there unless they are a gate to
European and Asian destinations.

About domestic ones, I doubt LCC want to change MEX, as that would hit the prices immediatly. But we never know!
KLM- The Best Airline in the World!

Alitalia744

Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:20 pm

I thought the new terminal in MEX was built to house AM and it's codeshare/SkyTeam partners:

AeroMexico
AeroLittoral
Air France
Delta Air Lines
KLM

AZ is looking at MEX.
Some see lines, others see between the lines.

KLM685

Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:26 pm

Quoting Alitalia744 (Reply 2):
thought the new terminal in MEX was built to house AM and it's codeshare/SkyTeam partners:

Yeah, that's mostly about it. Though the new Terminal is supposed to handle the A380... let's wait and see.

About AZ, i think they need to figure out what to do with their financial situation before opening MEX, which would be amazing.
KLM- The Best Airline in the World!

EddieDude

Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:44 pm

Indeed Gus, T2 (which will be linked to T1 with a monorail the structure of which can already be seen) will be the home to SkyTeam carriers. I have also read here that perhaps a couple of LCC's can be welcome to T2 too but I can't confirm that. I have also read here that, as Alonso says, there will be one or two gates at T2 capable of accomodating the A380, but I insist that MEX might need some runway/taxiway upgrading first (I am no expert, so it is just my opinion).

(By the way Gus, when's your next trip to ZIH? You really have to consider a one-day stop at MEX.)
Next flights: MEX-LAX AM 738, LAX-PVG DL 77L, SHA-PEK CA 789, PEK-PVG CA A332, PVG-ORD MU 77W, ORD-MEX AM 738

juventus

Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:02 pm

Quoting EddieDude (Reply 4):
there will be one or two gates at T2 capable of accomodating the A380, but I insist that MEX might need some runway/taxiway upgrading first (I am no expert, so it is just my opinion).

You are right Eddie.

Also, I think when foreign airlines decide to send the A380 to MEX, they will demand upgrades.

ghost77

Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:31 am

Certainly MEX T2 won't attract that many new carriers. As Alonso said, many new gates will open but the increase in number of slots will be minimum.

We still have to wait a few more months until it opens in February 2007, but it is said, that T2 will be mainly used by all carriers which have its mx hangars on the east side of the airport in order to avoid crossing and increase efficiency of taxiways and the runways in use.

I wish VS to arrive home as well as AZ!!

g77 APM
Ricardo Morales - flyAPM - ¡No es que maneje rapido, solo estoy volando lento!

Alitalia744

Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:41 am

Quoting EddieDude (Reply 4):
(By the way Gus, when's your next trip to ZIH? You really have to consider a one-day stop at MEX.)

thanks for the info eddie. i'm actually in ZIH now, flew EWR-ATL-MEX-ZIH and flyin back through MEX on Sunday.
Some see lines, others see between the lines.