NW DC-10 #2 Engine Failure At SeaTac

Thu Jul 06, 2000 5:17 am

Not sure if this is true but heard a rumor that a Northwest DC-10 had a number two engine failure on take off from Sea-Tac airport yesterday. (7/4/2000) The plane dumped it’s fuel and landed safely. I remember hearing about an American DC-10 with a similar problem. (except during flight) This was about a week ago. I was wondering if anyone knew more about the incident.

I myself was flying back to Chicago from Seattle yesterday aboard a United DC-10. I was amazed to see so many DC-10’s at one airport in one day. I saw many United, Northwest, and Hawaiian DC-10’s yesterday.

RE: NW DC-10 #2 Engine Failure At SeaTac

Thu Jul 06, 2000 5:36 am

I noticed a bunch of DC-10's from UAL were used to fly from ORD to SEA and back. I know that NWA flys them all the time.. I was just on one in may going from SFO to MSP.