FWAERJ
Topic Author

Does B6 Have Interline Agreements With AA Or UA?

Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:15 am

Yippee! I just booked tickets for the inaugural B6 flight from ORD-LGB.

However, I'm planning on flying UA or AA from FWA-ORD and then switching to B6 at ORD for the flight to LGB. Does JetBlue have interline ticketing and/or baggage agreements with either UA or AA? I'd like to eliminate all the hassle that I can.

Thanks in advance...

[Edited 2006-10-27 20:18:38]
"Did he really need the triple bypass? Or was it the miles?"

skyyblue

RE: Does B6 Have Interline Agreements With AA Or UA?

Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:07 am

No, we do not have any interline agreements with AA or UA.

FutureFO

Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:37 am

Jetblue is quite like WN. No interline agreements at all.
I Don't know where I am anymore

FL370

Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:44 am

u gotta check the bag in to ORD, and than get the bag at ORD and check it in thru B6 to LGB. thats the only way u can do it! unless someone else knows a way to do that

fl370

jjbiv

Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:58 am

Quoting FutureFO (Reply 2):
Jetblue is quite like WN. No interline agreements at all.

When I worked at C8/TZ almost three years ago now, we had an interline baggage agreement with B6.

joe

Noel

Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:01 am

Just jumpseat agreements. But everyone probably knows that right?

MiCorazonAzul

Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:08 am

Quoting FL370 (Reply 3):
u gotta check the bag in to ORD, and than get the bag at ORD and check it in thru B6 to LGB. thats the only way u can do it! unless someone else knows a way to do that

That is correct.

Quoting Noel (Reply 5):
Just jumpseat agreements. But everyone probably knows that right?

That is NOT correct. We do NOT have any kind of agreement with AA and UA. Currently their F/A's can jumpseat on our planes for free but our F/A's can't on their flights. However, this is soon to change. We are gonna start charging them.
Live for Today.....tomorrow is NOT guaranteed.

WMUPilot

Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:37 am

Quoting MiCorazonAzul (Reply 6):
That is NOT correct. We do NOT have any kind of agreement with AA and UA. Currently their F/A's can jumpseat on our planes for free but our F/A's can't on their flights. However, this is soon to change. We are gonna start charging them.

Somebody didn't read their email. We have an agreement (jumpseat) with AA/AE starting 11/01/06
JetBlue - Bringing humanity back to air travel

Cadet57

Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:38 am

Quoting FutureFO (Reply 2):
like WN. No interline agreements at all.

TZ?
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

Noel

Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:47 am

Quoting MiCorazonAzul (Reply 6):
That is NOT correct. We do NOT have any kind of agreement with AA and UA

I don't even work for JetBlue and I read the email. It was announced at least two days ago. As far as JetBlue charging other crew for seats, this is long over due. You see dozens of crew from other airlines crowding empty seats and other greedy airlines don't offer the same benefit. Sorry innocent crew but your employers are greedy.

uadc8contrail

Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:18 pm

Quoting Noel (Reply 9):
I don't even work for JetBlue and I read the email. It was announced at least two days ago. As far as JetBlue charging other crew for seats, this is long over due. You see dozens of crew from other airlines crowding empty seats and other greedy airlines don't offer the same benefit. Sorry innocent crew but your employers are greedy.

Noel,
next time you insert greedy airlines.......insert greedy unions as well....AFA is just as guilty as those greedy airlines. if they really wanted their union dues paying members to have a recip agrreement like AA is doing then they would have gotten it written into their contract.
bus driver.......move that bus:)

FutureFO

Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:44 pm

TZ and WN same company.

RICguy

Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:45 pm

FWA ERJ,

How are things at FWA? I haven't been there in about two years. I use to work for United Express (United Feeder Service) during the summer while I was in college. That was before United Express had regional jets. We flew the wonderful ATPs. They were a lot of fun to work. Anytime we had a flight that was booked solid and ORD was experiencing weather problems, the flight would be restricted to only 10-15 bags. That caused lots of problem for UA and us in FWA.

I loved working there though. I made lots of friends and had many laughs. In fact one summer I had the exciting opportunity to paint all of UA's ground equipment battle ship gray. I wonder if it still is gray, or if it is now white?

Well, I hope your trip on UA and B6 goes well. You are in for a treat on the B6 leg. Once you fly with the direct TV, you don't want to fly any other way.

FWAERJ
Topic Author

Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:48 pm

Quoting RICguy (Reply 12):
How are things at FWA? I haven't been there in about two years.

The airport is as nice as ever, but pax numbers are down 18+% due to the losses of C8 to MDW and US to PIT and the ever-increasing number of cheap flights at IND (which is a huge headache for them, as IND is a 2 hour drive from FWA).

We almost got DL Connection service to MCO last year, but DL backed out at the last second due to Ch. 11. IIRC, TransMeridian was going to start service to SFB, but TMA sudddenly liquidated just before the scheduled announcement.

To solve the IND leakage problem, FWA is in talks with several carriers for new service and is offering a great incentive package, too, so I wouldn't be surprised if a new carrier starts service here sometime next year (my bets are on FL, B6, G4, or even the possible return of US).
"Did he really need the triple bypass? Or was it the miles?"

RICguy

Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:47 pm

I hope some new carrier starts service soon to FWA. I seemed once they finished the renovation years ago and added the four jet ways, DL and NW dropped their mainline service. I know they still use the gates for their regional jets along with AA Eagle.

I know IND is a huge problem for FWA. A good friend of mine always flies on FL in and out of IND. The fares are almost half the cost out of IND. He too worked with me at UA Express and would like to see more service out of FWA.
Wasn't some government official trying to get a carrier to try and expand intra state service from IND to FWA, SBN, EVV? I thought I had heard something about that a while ago. US use to have service years ago from IND but was dropped when they scaled back their hub/focus city there.

Does FWA still get diversion from DTW? When I worked there one day, we had 7-8 mainline NW flights. Mostly Dc-9s and a few 727s. That was years ago. I hope US comes back. They could support regional jet service to PHL or even CLT. I use to fly on US years ago when they had DC-9/F-28 service to PIT , and I would connect to RIC. Of course that was when RIC had mainline service from PIT too. Those were the days...

jjbiv

Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:06 am

Quoting FutureFO (Reply 11):
TZ and WN same company.

Whoa! I missed a big announcement if that is true  Wink

joe

FutureFO

Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:05 am

Might as well be. WN owns a significant portion of TZ. They even operate as a codeshare on the HI flights.

atrude777

Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:11 am

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 8):

TZ?

TZ is ATA Airlines.

Quoting FutureFO (Reply 16):
Might as well be. WN owns a significant portion of TZ. They even operate as a codeshare on the HI flights.

No, ATA exited out of BK and paid all their money and shares and all back to WN, only thing now are the code share agreements. Last I heard, unless something changed.

Alex
Good things come to those who wait, better things come to those who go AFTER it!

Cadet57

Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:39 am

Quoting Atrude777 (Reply 17):
TZ is ATA Airlines.

Alex, I ment isnt TZ an interline partner with WN.
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

atrude777

Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:49 am

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 18):
I ment isnt TZ an interline partner with WN.

Was, now they are just codeshare partners, ATA paid back everything to SWA so the only agreement they have are the codeshare agreements.

Alex
Good things come to those who wait, better things come to those who go AFTER it!

N1120A

Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:15 am

Quoting FutureFO (Reply 11):
TZ and WN same company.

No they aren't
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss