hamad

International Check-in, Can You Do It Online?

Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:34 am

Whenever i travel international i usually have a paper ticket so i check in at the airport. this time i booked on United/Lufthansa to go to dubai through the internet on United's website, i noticed that it said that "internet check-in available for this international Itinerary 24 - 2 hours before departure time" and that you have to provide a passport number.

my questions are simply
1- is that possible, as I know that KLM/USairways/British Airways don't have that
2- If it is true Can I as an Alien Resident do that provided that i hold a non us passport but with a Valid US alien resident Visa good for 5 more years?

any help oar enlightment on this subject would be great  Smile
PHX - i miss spotting

*HighFlyah*

RE: International Check-in, Can You Do It Online?

Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:37 am

Yes, international check-in departing the U.S. is available via united.com, but you must have an electronic ticket to take advantage of this service. You are also unable to use the check-in machines at the airport because you have paper tickets.

sk601

Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:55 am

Quoting HAMAD (Thread starter):
as I know that KLM/USairways/British Airways don't have that

If you have a E-ticket on KL/NW you can check-in online 24 hrs before departure, some destinations as from 30hrs prior to departure.

p.s. All KL destinations are international, KL has only one domestic flight, AMS-MST-AMS.

[Edited 2006-10-28 17:56:57]

ehho

Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:13 am

I think pretty much anyone can check-in online: as long as the airline and station allow it, it doesn't matter who you are or what papers you hold.

I've checked in online on BA over the pond (LHR-ORD), and will do so in two weeks for an IB flight AMS-BCN.

Quoting *HighFlyah* (Reply 1):
You are also unable to use the check-in machines at the airport because you have paper tickets.

That's different with KL at AMS. I've checked in on those blue machines in departures 2 last time I took KL, and I had a paper ticket (ordered on A.net).
"Get your facts first. Then you may distort them as much as you please" -- Mark Twain

David L

Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:54 am

Quoting HAMAD (Thread starter):
I know that KLM/USairways/British Airways don't have that

All together now... "Oh yes they do".

Quoting EHHO (Reply 3):
I've checked in online on BA over the pond (LHR-ORD)

Ditto. I also check in online regularly for GLA-LHR-GVA and GVA-LHR-GLA flights with BA.