JFKNY
Topic Author

Marriage Proposals Aboard Airplanes

Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:15 am

Hi. I have been in a serious relationship with my gf for some time and I have been thinking about eventually popping the question. Various scenarios have been running through my head. A leading scenario would involve surprising and proposing to my gf aboard a flight. Would I be able to have the captain and flight attendants in on it?
Any suggestions? Thanks.

Brian

AJO

RE: Marriage Proposals Aboard Airplanes

Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:18 am

On the US version of "Airline" I once saw a guy proposing during a WN flight. FAs were helping him out with champagne (he probably brought that himself  Smile) and PA announcements.
bla

Gortsilo

Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:24 am

Marriage Proposal By ATC [clip] (by LailaiYYZ Apr 22 2006 in Civil Aviation)

Cool

fspilot747

Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:33 am

Don't do it in an airplane. Unless it's in a Gulfstream V with Gold Champagne flying over Paris..

Chances are, your girl doesn't care that much about airplanes.. not like you do, so it would be like proposing at an Auto Show.

I doubt getting proposed to in coach while the flight attendants are picking up drinks is what she imagined her proposal would be like.

Just my $0.02+Tax.

lamedianaranja

Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:02 am

It was possible also to get married aboard Iceland Air (FI) from AMS to KEF, I'm not sure if they still have that special.

It is also a great idea to get married at the airport here:

http://www.schipholweddings.nl/schiphol-wedding.html

in Dutch but you'll get the general idea.

I'm still looking for a guy who'll go along with all this

[Edited 2006-10-28 19:03:29]
I wish that all skies were orange and blue!!

carmenlu15

Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:28 am

There was a thread in Non-av a while back about this... Although not entirely related, as it deals mostly with airports rather than airplanes, you may find some good ideas there: Asking My Gf To Marry Me After Arrival. (by Wolsingerjet May 9 2006 in Non Aviation)

Good luck!  Smile
Carmen
Don't expect to see me around that much (if at all) -- the contact link should still work, though.

dz09

Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:40 am

I was on flight to AUA where a guy proposed to his girlfriend. The F/As were very accomodating. The girl thought she was going on a short vacation to aruba. She looked genuinly surprised and very happy. I porposed to my wife over the phone asking her " you wanna get married or what? and she replied "why not".

JayDavis

Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:23 am

My wife and I were flying from DFW to PHX in F class on DL Airlines and I popped the question on her.

DL was in on the entire plan. I had to purchase champagne for everyone in F class before the flight took off and I had to bring the dozen roses into the terminal and drop them off before the flight took off.

This was WAY before 9/11.

The captain made an announcement and then I got down on my knee and proposed. Dropped the ring !! Thank God we found it.

Everyone in coach wrote us a congratulations note and best wishes and we were the last people off the plane, because people wanted to come by and give us their best wishes.

My wife had no idea, I really surprised her.  Smile

DO IT !!!

But don't do it in Coach !!  Smile

JFKNY
Topic Author

Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:08 am

Thanks for your replies. What if I rented a private jet and then popped the question. Or flying first class and then popping the question. I wouldn't do it in coach and I'd make sure the answer my gf had on her mind was "yes". I'm no fool and wouldn't rush into it.

Although, my gf loves the beach and the ocean. Perhaps I should have one of those low-flying banner planes.....ummm, on second thought, nah lol That seems like it has been done to death including hiring a sky-writing team.

Brian

chase

Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:23 am

I'm with FSPilot747 - if she's not an airline nut, find a way to do it that she would find more romantic. If she IS an airline nut, you're a lucky bastard.
And, just putting this out there: http://www.milehighatlanta.com/

DashTrash

Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:45 am

I proposed 2 weeks ago on a flight from BNA to LAS. I posted about it in the trip reports section.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos