The New PHL Terminals

Fri Jul 07, 2000 3:43 am

Does anyone know what airlines are getting the gates at PHL's two new terminals? And if one of them is an airline that already has its own gates or tarmac space at PHL(US), who will the old gates go to?

mcomess

RE: The New PHL Terminals

Fri Jul 07, 2000 4:20 am

I noticed National Airlines, a low fare carrier based out of Las Vegas, on the new concourse last week. The fly direct to Vegas from PHL on a DC-10 (I'll upload the picture i took of that as soon as i get them back).

Max

flashmeister

Fri Jul 07, 2000 9:25 am

Regarding PHL::

- One of the new terminals at PHL will be for international operations (the one being constructed nearest the current int'l concourse - Terminal A)

- The other new terminal will be a commuter terminal (the one being constructed beyond Terminal E - will it be Terminal F??) for US Airways Express, but it may be United Express before it's finished

- National operates from Terminal E, which is the newest of the terminals, but is not one of the ones under construction. Additionally, they fly to Vegas using 757s. You might have also seen an ATA L-1011 on that concourse as well.

(I know, I know, they're not really terminals, they're concourses, but people in PHL have delusions of grandeur it seems)

Fri Jul 07, 2000 10:13 am

The reason why MANY people(myself included) call them terminals, is b/c they are called that. ALL the signs say TerminalA/B/C/D/E, NOT concourse.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos