jlbmedia

Is USAirways A "True" International Airline?

Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:21 am

I was Wondering what you guys thought. PHL is my home airport and USAirways continues to grow with international destinations. But some how I don't see them equal to the United's or NW's etc. What do you think it would take to get them to the "elite" international status? Is it more European destinations, Asia, etc? Maybe a better "1st" and "Business" class service? Or a bigger Long haul fleet?. Or do you already consider them a major international carrier. Your thoughts either way. John.

[Edited 2006-10-30 17:23:09]
JLB54061

Stitch

RE: Is UsAirways A "True" International Airline

Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:23 am

Is US an international airline? Of course.

Asian operations would help, to be sure, to get them to "Tier One" carrier status. They don't need a First Class but a lie-flat Business Class and improved catering and service (in the air and on the ground) will be required.

HPRamper

RE: Is USAirways A "True" International Airline?

Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:50 am

More destinations...and to get that, more aircraft. US has a very, very small transatlantic fleet compared to much larger players like NW, AA, UA.

walter747

Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:53 am

they need a larger fleet and they should fly to aisa, but that goes with the whole plane thing.

need to redesign envoy class.
Hussel, Hussel, Husel, Grind, Grind, Grind

MEACEDAR

Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:57 am

They need a larger fleet and they need to put in new interiors on there current fleet. I see US Airways in about 5-7 years like this.

2-4 A340s
2-4 B787
1-2 B748 (doubt it, but I like to dream)
3-5 B764

UA777300ER

Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:03 am

Do they really have suitable hubs to fly to Asia? I mean, CLT, LAS, PHL and PHX are not the most popular destinations for European flights, so how could they make flights to Asia work.

I think that as long as they're part of Star Alliance, they can get enough traffic from Asia. Just my thoughts...

Greetz
Tom

AirScoot

Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:03 am

I don't know that a specific fleet type growth would put them into the "top tier". I think that an overhaul of their image is definately a necessity. They'll also have to get their customer service act together.

With the current attempt to position themselves as a low cost-low fares carrier they have other larger fish to fry first.

I also don't think that having an asian destination or two would raise them up either. Look at DL or AA. Neither has a large asian presence.. yet they are considered to be "top tier".

kjet12

Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:32 am

Quoting MEACEDAR (Reply 4):
They need a larger fleet and they need to put in new interiors on there current fleet. I see US Airways in about 5-7 years like this.

2-4 A340s
2-4 B787
3-5 B764

How can you see US Airways like that? They already have A330-200s and A350s on order. US will not be seeing any Boeing products in the near or distant future.
AA - Doing what we do best.

UA777300ER

Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:36 am

Quoting Kjet12 (Reply 7):
How can you see US Airways like that? They already have A330-200s and A350s on order. US will not be seeing any Boeing products in the near or distant future.

I don't think that's 100% certain. If Airbus can't deliver the A350 in a decent timeframe, US Airways will be faced with a capacity problem and they might go for the 787. I don't know how the loan-deal works with Airbus and if they can easily get out of the A350 commitment, but since the A350 EIS is now 2013 or so compared to 2010 when US Airways ordered them, this doesn't seem so difficult.

[Edited 2006-10-30 19:37:32]

AirScoot

Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:38 am

What does what type of airframe they fly have anything to do with their perception as an international carrier?!

UAL777UK

Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:42 am

Quoting UA777300ER (Reply 5):
Do they really have suitable hubs to fly to Asia? I mean, CLT, LAS, PHL and PHX are not the most popular destinations for European flights, so how could they make flights to Asia work.

Agreed. They have a comprehensive code share agreement with UA, so Asia is covered, with a one stop service via UA's hubs.

UA777300ER

Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:45 am

Quoting AirScoot (Reply 9):
What does what type of airframe they fly have anything to do with their perception as an international carrier?!

Well, the future of their long haul fleet will partly determine the future of their long haul operations. However, this is off course pure speculation and I don't really see US Airways flying the B747 (too big) or the A340 (not competitive enough in it's current form).

I also have my doubts about the A350. It seems like it's to big for US Airways. What version did they order (-800?) and how will it compare to US Airways' currently biggest plane (the A330-300 IIRC)?

Greetz

UA777300ER

Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:46 am

Quoting UAL777UK (Reply 10):
Agreed. They have a comprehensive code share agreement with UA, so Asia is covered, with a one stop service via UA's hubs.

Does US Airways have any other Code Shares to Asia other than with UA? I'm thinking Singapore Airlines, Thai, Air New Zealand, ANA, ...

Greetz
Tom

Stitch

Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:50 am

I see US Airways in about 5-7 years like this...

The A340 is most likely not going to happen, unless US gets a super-sweet lease deal. A332s would probably be better choices for initial trans-Pacific service and trans-Atlantic service from PHX.

The B764ER is definitely not going to happen. Their A332s offer equal capacity and better range.

The B748I is also definitely not going to happen. It's far too big.

The A350XWB will have the edge over the 787. Natural traffic growth should support the A350-800 and perhaps even the A350-900. The only way they go 787 is if the A350XWB is not available or Boeing pulls a rabbit out of their hat with the next set of 787's (787LR/787-10).

PHX could work. One advantage US has over UA is that UA flies TED to many southwestern cities (like LAS and PHX) which honk-off premium cabin fliers. Being able to be in domestic First on your connection to the hub and then Envoy on the long-haul could score sales.

cgnnrw

Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:58 am

Is US an international airline? Yes. They have a good mix of North American, European, Carribbean and Mexican destinations. They offer trans-Atlantic passengers a wide range of connections, they are part of Star Alliance which gives them access to markets they can't/don't serve.

Is US a global airline? No, and I don't think they should try be play ball with the likes of BA, LH, AA, UA, etc.
A330 man.

whappeh

Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:06 am

I'd say US Airways is what it is, and let it be that. They seem to have very little desire to be a global major international airline, and fit their market well.
-Travel now, journey infinitely.

ophila

Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:10 am

Quoting Cgnnrw (Reply 14):
Is US a global airline? No

Once this company sorts through mess that has been neglected and overvauled for years....they need to get some real planes...... less than 30 itnl birds make sit hard to be a real player..........
I know that they will shy awat from Boeing eqp, but some 762ers could be the perfect stp gap while airbus gets its act together w/ the a350....

then look for cities like svo,kbp,waw,eze,lim,scl to be on the radar soon

UA777300ER

Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:21 am

Quoting Whappeh (Reply 15):
I'd say US Airways is what it is, and let it be that. They seem to have very little desire to be a global major international airline, and fit their market well.

With the public statement by the CEO that US Airways is looking for a partner to merge, I don't believe they don't have global ambitions. They're just too small at the moment to rapidly build a global network and an established partner would be a big help.

whappeh

Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:41 am

Quoting UA777300ER (Reply 17):
Quoting Whappeh (Reply 15):

With the public statement by the CEO that US Airways is looking for a partner to merge, I don't believe they don't have global ambitions. They're just too small at the moment to rapidly build a global network and an established partner would be a big help.

When did he ever say that? I am not doubting he said it, I just never heard him publicly claim that they were in fact looking for another merge partner. I'm not saying either that its not with out of reason for them too look to become a major global player in the market, I just think a lot of statements made to the contrary are done out of spite towards the airline. It's always seemed like US Airways is the airline everyone loves to hate. I hope they do get more global routes, its more places for me to Nonrev to.
-Travel now, journey infinitely.

AirScoot

Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:55 am

Quoting Whappeh (Reply 18):
I'm not saying either that its not with out of reason for them too look to become a major global player in the market, I just think a lot of statements made to the contrary are done out of spite towards the airline. It's always seemed like US Airways is the airline everyone loves to hate.

I don't know that I'd go that far. US earned the reputation it got over several rather large blunders over the last few years (think Philly over Christmas). US isn't the only carrier to face such a challenge. Look at UA and the summer of Hell. It wasn't until memories of how the company handled it's customers in such an aggrivated time of stress subside that the image can be rebuilt. I wish US well and I hope their service improves enough that they become trustworthy enough for me to fly on regularly again. Given that US is a very large player in my home airport of DCA I am forced to fly them out of necessity for business from time to time. I go out of my way to avoid them if the trip is on an overnight simply because I know that it's been my experience that something will go wrong - especially in the baggage arena.

My personal feelings on the carrier aside, I say that it has nothing to do with WHAT they fly. I say it has everything to do with HOW they fly. I think until the image of them being amateurish is overcome and they are able to provide a consistant product they won't be considered a "true" international airline.

I don't think it will never happen. I think they need to finish this transition and figure out what they want to grow up to be before they can actually be it.

mah584jr

Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:57 am

IMHO, no airline in the U.S. is close to being a "top tier" international carrier. Their service just is not as good as BA, SQ, LH and other foreign carriers. CO comes the closest but there is still a noticeable gap. But US does have a good network of European destinations with a lower class of service. For some, that's fine given that US has lower international fares than do foreign carriers. Basically, you get what you pay for. US has made progress, but they need aircraft in order to expand in the long term.

UA777300ER

Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:32 am

Quoting Whappeh (Reply 18):
When did he ever say that? I am not doubting he said it, I just never heard him publicly claim that they were in fact looking for another merge partner. I'm not saying either that its not with out of reason for them too look to become a major global player in the market, I just think a lot of statements made to the contrary are done out of spite towards the airline. It's always seemed like US Airways is the airline everyone loves to hate. I hope they do get more global routes, its more places for me to Nonrev to.

Here's an article I found about it on google.

I admit, he doesn't literally say he's looking for a merger, but he is talking about merger talks with Delta and Northwest when the time comes. To me, this sounds like they're very interested in another merger, and Delta and Northwest are airlines that I would describe as global.

Greetz
Tom

usair320

Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:43 am

I consider them to be as they are the 3RD biggest US airline in EU behind CO and DL and 2ND in the Carribean behind AA.

FCYTravis

Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:49 am

US management is interested in finding another merger partner if and only if a non-US airline merger happens.

US Airways was formed by the merger of two marginal and generally regional players, forming a truly national airline with much greater reach. That said, US is still the smallest of the "Big Six" legacies (AA, CO, DL, NW, UA, US) and a merger between any of those two (CO-UA, for example) would put US right back in the position of being easily marginalized - and that would not be healthy for the airline. So if another carrier touches off a "mega-merger," US would start looking for a dancing partner.
USAir A321 service now departing for SFO with fuel stops in CAK, COS and RNO. Enjoy your flight.

travelin man

Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:50 am

Q: "Is USAirways A "True" International Airline?"

A: No. Not at all. US Airways is fine as a East Coast/Caribbean/European carrier.

I think the better question is: "Do they need to be a 'true' international airline?"

I think their Star Alliance association helps immensely. US Airways does not need to be a "global" airlines, it just needs to be good at what it does.

malexander131

Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:36 am

I mean, CLT, LAS, PHL and PHX are not the most popular destinations for European flights, so how could they make flights to Asia work.

Europe, depending on destination, thrives in Philadelphia. PHL is often viewed as an alternative to JFK/EWR, and the O&D to many destinations is good enough to warrant multiple flights (London, for example).
"It's the little room in the front of the plane where the pilots sit, but that's not important right now."

steeler83

Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:58 am

Quoting UAL777UK (Reply 10):
They have a comprehensive code share agreement with UA, so Asia is covered, with a one stop service via UA's hubs.

Right, US travelers can hop on a UA flight out of ORD, SFO, or LAX, (and IAD I believe) to Asia... It doesn't even have to be with UA, they could switch to ANA, SQ, or Asiana at places like SFO, IAD or LAX (CLT travelers can have such a connection with US' service to JFK)

Quoting UA777300ER (Reply 12):
Does US Airways have any other Code Shares to Asia other than with UA? I'm thinking Singapore Airlines, Thai, Air New Zealand, ANA, ...

Asiana... AC via a Canadian hub, but who does that? The rest of the Star carriers I believe serve Europe, Africa, and South America...

Quoting FCYTravis (Reply 23):
US management is interested in finding another merger partner if and only if a non-US airline merger happens.

US Airways merging with a non-US airline I highly doubt will happen considering all this stuff regarding airlines with partial foreign ownership. Virgin Atlantic come to mind in this regard...

This is my analysis of what US really is in the international market.

They are more or less a legacy carrier with a LCC model. They have the smallest international presence in comparison with the other legacies (AA, UA, DL, CO, NW). Since they merged with HP, they are considered to be a LCC. Of all the known LCCs, at least the ones I know of, US has to have the biggest international network. Look at airlines like B6, FL, F9. They have limited international service to the Caribbean and Mexico. US serves a very large chunk of Europe, as well as Canada and the Caribbean and Mexico. That Eurochunk is getting considerably larger as they add more destinations from their transatlantic hub at PHL. Basically, they are a very large international LCC...

I think they do have a desire to fly to Asia, but only select routes from a couple of cities (PHL and PHX); they are also in no real hurry to do so just yet. If the A350 gets the axe from Airbus in favor of the A380 (which is still nothing more than a spin), I really don't think US will be in any rush to find other aircraft that would do that kind of job, such as the A340, 748i, 777 or 787...
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

tpaewr

Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:08 pm

The fact that you question it, is the answer!

US is a smaller player. Their recent European push is impressive, all the more so given few thought they would be around today (well ,really US all but died and HP took the assets)

I assume that by 'international', you mean 'global'. Certainly not. A "true" international airline (aka global) would provide service to Asia and Latin America, beyond the beach markets.

Does this mean that US is a lousy airline? No, they are working with their hubs. Fate gave PHL as US' best gateway. At one time PHL was the second largest English speaking city on earth. It has slipped a bit since then. Therefore US will never support the routes that others can at NYC,ORD,LAX, etc. And PIT-GRU is not gonna happen anytime soon!

I think US has done above and beyond all things considered. But I don't ever see them as a omni-direction global airline. Will they merge with someone else, maybe. But they best get this merger sorted first!

FCYTravis

Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:11 pm

Quoting Travelin man (Reply 24):
A: No. Not at all. US Airways is fine as a East Coast/Caribbean/European carrier.

Hello, 2005 is calling, you might want to pick it up. They're not an "East Coast" carrier anymore.
USAir A321 service now departing for SFO with fuel stops in CAK, COS and RNO. Enjoy your flight.

QXatFAT

Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:12 pm

US Airways is a big Europe Carrier but nothing really more. They need to put themselfs in Asia as well as South America. That is my opinion. They have Airbuses on order and probably will stay that way. I personally would like to see more Boeing products then anything with some 767's and 777's but that is a 1 in a million shot. US Airways also needs a true western hub. PHX and LAS wont get much traffic to Asia and South America. Possibly an SEA focus city or maybe even OAK as there SFO area destination. PHX works good for Middle America (Central America), for US as HP is a big carrier in my opinion to Mexico and a little bit south.

If DL moved into Asia...they would be the best American carrier abroad...but thats my thinking  Wink
Don't Tread On Me!

FCYTravis

Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:12 pm

Quoting Steeler83 (Reply 26):
US Airways merging with a non-US airline I highly doubt will happen

No, you misunderstand me, and I was too vague. I meant a "non-US airline" - that is, an airline that is not US Airways. Not a foreign carrier.  Smile

steeler83

Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:14 pm

Quoting Tpaewr (Reply 27):
And PIT-GRU is not gonna happen anytime soon!

Um... how about PIT-ANYWHERE outside North America for that matter?!!

Will they merge with someone else, maybe. But they best get this merger sorted first!

Agreed here. I don't see a merger on the horizon just yet either and that they alreay have a plate-ful with the current one as well...
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

FCYTravis

Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:15 pm

Quoting QXatFAT (Reply 29):
maybe even OAK as there SFO area destination.

A US focus at OAK would be going head-on against a very-entrenched and established major WN base. Not likely.

However, it would almost be coming full-circle... PSA had sizable operations at OAK before the old-US merger... before pulling them all down when US shut down PSA and retreated back east.

NWADC9

Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:35 pm

2-4 A340s
2-4 B787
3-5 B764

It ain't happening. The A340 isn't necessary, because they have A330's and soon A350's. 787's aren't necessary because of the same reason. The 747-8's will NEVER happen. The 767-400ER doesn't have any other plane with a similar cockpit like the 757/767-200/767-300.
I convert Jet A and 100LL into noise.

FCYTravis

Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:10 pm

Quoting NWADC9 (Reply 33):
The 767-400ER doesn't have any other plane with a similar cockpit like the 757/767-200/767-300.

Uhhh, yeah it does - the 764 has the same type rating as any other 767.

That notwithstanding, there aren't any 764ERs up for sale right now, and if there were, I have little doubt that either Continental or Delta would be falling all over themselves to buy them.

QXatFAT

Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:45 pm

Quoting FCYTravis (Reply 32):
A US focus at OAK would be going head-on against a very-entrenched and established major WN base. Not likely

Why not? I dont think it would really matter if WN was there or not. WN is everywhere already anyways. UA is doing fine at DEN with WN there, NW is doing fine at DTW with limited WN there, UA with IAD, US with PIT, HP with PHX, HP with LAS, AS/QX with PDX. I think all carriers are still doing just fine with WN there.
Don't Tread On Me!

skyhigh777

Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:20 pm

For some reason I never really saw US Airways as an international airline like UA, AA, or Delta. However, I do consider them on the same "tier" as UA, AA, Delta, and CO when it comes to domestic US and Carribbean locations. US Airways still has a lot of catching up to do when it comes to International service.
Prepare for take-off.

hz747300

Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:48 pm

The A350 for US is most likely dead. Airbus cannot meet the time standard, but that does not mean that US will just remain with the A330.

No need to switch to Boeing.
Keep on truckin'...

jfk777

Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:25 pm

Usair needs to snag some good used 763 like the KLM one that mostly went to Aeroflot. This would provide a bridge of 5 -7 years for the A350 or 787. A332 would be great now or next year. This could hekp with Phoenix to Europe service. PHX to FRA certainly looks good right into the heart of Lufthansa.

jamesjimlb

Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:41 pm

my uncle flew from sweeden to phili on u.s airways
The sky is no longer the limit, but the mere minimum

walter747

Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:05 am

Quoting NWADC9 (Reply 33):
A330's and soon A350's.

well see some people think htey might choose the 787 because of the delays.

Quoting HZ747300 (Reply 37):
The A350 for US is most likely dead.

checkmark 

Quoting SkyHigh777 (Reply 36):
US Airways still has a lot of catching up to do when it comes to International service.

checkmark 

steeler83

Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:30 am

Quoting FCYTravis (Reply 30):
No, you misunderstand me, and I was too vague. I meant a "non-US airline" - that is, an airline that is not US Airways. Not a foreign carrier.

Oh, my bad.

This is what I see US using for international flights...

More A330s and A332s forr more European flights out of PHL, PHX, and CLT. Regarding the 787/A350, it depends on how badly US wants to directly enter the Asian markets, or dense PHX-Europe routes, although an A332 would serve that routing quite well I would think. The A340 I don't think fits in with US' plans.

US will continue to use the 762s for the 200-220 seat European markets, as well as heavy domestic routes. The 757s will also go overseas from PHL to Western Europe and the UK, with at least one doing a PIT-LGW eventually...

vega

Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:34 am

Does this mean that US is a lousy airline? No, they are working with their hubs. Fate gave PHL as US' best gateway. At one time PHL was the second largest English speaking city on earth. It has slipped a bit since then. Therefore US will never support the routes that others can at NYC,ORD,LAX, etc. And PIT-GRU is not gonna happen anytime soon!

To suggest that Philadelphia is not big enough to support Global air travel is not really an accurate statement. Philadelphia is the 4th largest MSA in the U.S..The fact that US Airways international hub is at PHL has little to do with their capability to expand globally. It's simply the lack of suitable aircraft. US has no aircraft with a fully loaded range greater than about 4500nm - and that's a stretch. The 332s due in 2009/2010 MAY provide a 6-7K range, but unlikely so from PHX. So, excluding South America. where US (Parker) previously mentioned as a "no interest", the 332 could under ideal conditions get PHX-KIX and Western/Central Europe. PHL-KIX with the 332 is very questionable in my opinion, both range wise and it's economic feasibility (gas/cargo & pass. capacity). I'd bet that if US received a capable aircraft today, they would attempt PHL-ASIA today. Parker has recently stated that Boeing is one alternative to the 350 fiasco he is considering, so leasing the 787 is not out of the question.
We are but a moment in this vast Universe and when gone we will never have existed.

walter747

Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:13 am

Quoting Vega (Reply 42):
so leasing the 787 is not out of the question.

thats what i was thinking

gigneil

Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:16 am

Quoting Walter747 (Reply 3):
need to redesign envoy class.

Wait, what?

US Airways offers one of the best business class products in the US. It is superior to every other one offered except, potentially, NW's WBC on the 330s.

None of the other carriers offer a superior business product at this time.

And, in terms of Economy, US offers the best product of any American carrier period.

NS

steeler83

Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:30 am

Quoting Gigneil (Reply 44):

Not to mention, aren't the 762s supposed to be getting an interior makeover soon if not already? Then you can bet that their FC/Envoy/Economy products are superior...

walter747

Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:35 am

US Airways offers one of the best business class products in the US

i mean they need to be updated

tpaewr

Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:56 pm

Wait, what?

US Airways offers one of the best business class products in the US. It is superior to every other one offered except, potentially, NW's WBC on the 330s.

None of the other carriers offer a superior business product at this time.

And, in terms of Economy, US offers the best product of any American carrier period.

NS

I am not sure how you can say this. I have flown US, in both F and J. Years ago there was a time when US offered good service. But this past years ago. My last trip on US was in F, when I returned I took CO in Y. Sadly I recieved more to eat and drink in CO's Y than US' F. But lets not just take my word for it. I will include a link to flyertalk where to guys who buy the tkt talk about the two. Of coarse US' forward cabin is sub-par compared to almost anyone UA,AA,NW,DL, et al Here are some of their comments.....

Quoting ] There is no comparison, and no contest, between CO's BusinessFirst and Envoy. Envoy catering is a joke, and is just a notch above domestic F class catering. CO is the best Business Class of all the US carriers at present....[/quote:

another

[quote=]Yeah, US catering for Envoy is completely laughable. Row 1 isn't that good (esp now since even CP's have to pay more for it) as it is noisy from the galley and the light is too bright.....

I'll disagree with him, I loved Row 1, you can't beat a flat seat!

the rest:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=616949

FCYTravis

Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:28 pm

What are you smoking? Envoy isn't anywhere near competitive with AA or UA, let alone CO's flawless BusinessFirst.

flybyguy

Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:02 pm

Certainly it's wonderful to read about US Airways' Y product in the latest issue of Attache or on their website... but have you experienced domestic or International Y on US Airways recently? I'd say it's deplorable. US Airways planes are untidy, many items are broken (and remain broken) in interiors accross their fleet, the seats (and flight crews for that matter) have seen better days, and if their boxed lunches didn't taste like kibbles and bits I'd shell out the $7 bucks for them (happily, if I'm flying transcon I'd buy real food before I fly with them). When travelers fly US Airways nowadays it's no wonder they're making a profit because they've stopped spending on everything but fuel, payroll, and the occasional 3rd party mechanic.

If I had to put my money on REAL domestic Y service I'd have to say the cake goes to Continental or jetBlue... those are the last two majors that treat Y passengers will a little human dignity... and thus they've remained popular amoung Y flyers because of that.
"Are you a pretender... or a thoroughbred?!" - Professor Matt Miller

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos