AlitaliaMD11
Topic Author

CDG Terminal 2E Question

Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:16 pm

I remember reading a while back a thread that said all Air France flights from the US would now arrive in 2E instead of 2C. I booked tickets on Air France yesterday from JFK to MAD via CDG and saw that indeed my flights will leave and arrive into 2E.

Wasn't 2E the terminal that had the roof collapse? Do a majority of the flights use the apron?

Thanks!
No Vueling No Party

GLA MD11

RE: CDG Terminal 2E Question

Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:42 pm

Although CDG's 2E terminal is closed (no jetbridges used), they have made room for a large bus station. All passengers are bussed to remote stands.
Further to the increase in security required for flights to the USA, all SkyTeam flights to the US are now booking through 2E.

lamedianaranja

Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:42 pm

I wish that all skies were orange and blue!!

Cubsrule

Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:54 pm

A lot of new 2E looks like it's getting pretty close to being ready. In fact, they are parking some flights at the outer part of 2E, just not using the jetways yet.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

goldorak

Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:39 am

Quoting AlitaliaMD11 (Thread starter):
all Air France flights from the US would now arrive in 2E instead of 2C

in fact, to be more precise, all US flights departs from 2E, except for an unknown reason the DTW flight operated by AF (the NW flight to DTW departs from 2E). But, for arrival, you can arrive at any of the non-Shengen long-haul concourse of T2, that is to say : 2A, 2C, 2E, 2F.

Quoting AlitaliaMD11 (Thread starter):
Wasn't 2E the terminal that had the roof collapse

yes it is. However, 2E is in 2 independent parts : check-in area and boarding area. That's the boarding area which collapsed and is being reconfigured/reconstructed. The check-in area is open. After check-in, passport control and security checks, there are 2 different temporary structures serving as waiting lounges & boarding area (depending on your boarding gate). One is close to the check-in area and is accessible by a 5 min walk after security and the other one is in a far remote area which you reach by bus. I should say that these 2 waiting/boarding areas are pretty nice, especially when you consider it's temporary structures (or may be ADP will keep them after 2E complete reopening ??).

Quoting Cubsrule (Reply 3):
A lot of new 2E looks like it's getting pretty close to being ready

I just took 3 US bound flights these last 6 weeks from 2E and I can tell you that the boarding area is not close to be ready for reopening. They are competely demolishing the upper half part of the structure to rebuild it in a different way. 2E is not scheduled to reopen before 2008

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos