steeler83

PHX Bids For New US Center

Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:19 am

Hello all...

I was reading on the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Website, and found the article about Phoenix placing a bid for $25 million to land the US center. Here is the link, enjoy all  Smile

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/06305/734512-28.stm
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

skyharborshome

RE: PHX Bids For New US Center

Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:10 am

Would it not make sense for it to be in PHX since US HQ is in Tempe or is this not the standard practice?
Fly CHD!

steeler83

Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:22 am

Quoting SkyHarborsHome (Reply 1):
Would it not make sense for it to be in PHX since US HQ is in Tempe or is this not the standard practice?

In my opinion, all three are good possible locations for this center...

PHX, for obvious reasons, such as that stated in your argument there
PIT, large focus city, already suffered loss of 10,000 employees to PHL, CLT, PHX and other locations. US already has a center here employing over 400 people, and this will likely be removed if US chooses CLT or PHX over PIT
CLT, largest domestic hub.

All three are strategic locations, but it will come down to who has the best bid...
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

walter747

Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:36 am

this may sound stupid but; what do they mean by US Center?
Hussel, Hussel, Husel, Grind, Grind, Grind

USPIT10L

Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:44 am

Quoting Walter747 (Reply 3):
this may sound stupid but; what do they mean by US Center?

Operations Control Center. It's where the dispatchers and flight planners are located--the nerve center of the airline. That's where the diversions and in-flight emergencies get reported so the airline knows where all the planes are at all times.
It's a Great Day for Hockey!

walter747

Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:08 am

Quoting USPIT10L (Reply 4):
Operations Control Center. It's where the dispatchers and flight planners are located--the nerve center of the airline. That's where the diversions and in-flight emergencies get reported so the airline knows where all the planes are at all times.

thanks a bunch

jdwfloyd

Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:52 am

I doubt that it will be on the west coast. Flights on the east coast launch between 0530 and 0630 est. The dispatchers need to be there about an hour or more before the first big push preparing the releases. So during daylight savings time the majority of daylight dispatcher in PHX would need to be at work around 130 in the morning. It just doesn't make sense to have such a large work group starting at such an odd time. If it were to end up in PHX the first shift (with the most workers) would work from 0130 to 0830. The second shift would work from 0830 to 1630 and the 3rd shrift would be on from 1630 to 0130. None of these shifts are really that conducive to a normal life style (other than 2nd shift).

HPRamper

Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:01 pm

There is always the LAS redeye hub to think about as well. I'm still of the school of thought that where the OCC is located will have a minimal effect on operations.

commavia

Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:03 pm

I agree with what some others have said. It just makes operational/logistical sense to keep it in Tempe or nearby headquarters, like most every other airline in the U.S.

walter747

Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:03 pm

Quoting Jdwfloyd (Reply 6):
So during daylight savings time

arizona doesn't observe daylight savings

jdwfloyd

Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:06 pm

Quoting Walter747 (Reply 9):

But the last time I checked the majority of America does. Give me a few minutes to check on that, but I am fairly sure that is the case.

During daylight savings PHX is 3 hours behind EST. The rest of the year it is 2 hours behind.

cactushp

Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:10 pm

Quoting Walter747 (Reply 9):
So during daylight savings time

The point was that even if AZ did observe daylight savings, many employees would have to wake up very early. Although I agree that the location of the OCC will not affect the airlines operation.
Sorry, I was on the landline

OPNLguy

Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:21 pm

Quoting USPIT10L (Reply 4):
dispatchers and flight planners

Same person...  Wink

I doubt that it will be on the west coast. Flights on the east coast launch between 0530 and 0630 est. The dispatchers need to be there about an hour or more before the first big push preparing the releases. So during daylight savings time the majority of daylight dispatcher in PHX would need to be at work around 130 in the morning. It just doesn't make sense to have such a large work group starting at such an odd time. If it were to end up in PHX the first shift (with the most workers) would work from 0130 to 0830. The second shift would work from 0830 to 1630 and the 3rd shrift would be on from 1630 to 0130. None of these shifts are really that conducive to a normal life style (other than 2nd shift).

The above factor is why I love being in the central time zone....

We have 4 sectors that run 0500-1300 and 1300-2100 and run the east coast departures. (Those 0500 starts are really popular. NOT!)  Wink

We also have about 13 sectors that run 0600-1400 and 1400-2200, and about 11 others that run 0700-1500 and 1500-2300, and they handle central and western time zones.

As Jdwfloyd mentions, convert all these shifts into PHX time, and it gets downright brutal on the body, and affects a larger number of people.

Prior to the merger, USAirways had its HQ across from DCA with the OCC close to PIT (right down the road at RIDC, IIRC) so there is some precedent there for not having an OCC co-located with the corporate HQ as most airlines do.

I'm curious to see how it gets decided....
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

steeler83

Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:54 pm

Quoting OPNLguy (Reply 12):
Prior to the merger, USAirways had its HQ across from DCA with the OCC close to PIT (right down the road at RIDC, IIRC) so there is some precedent there for not having an OCC co-located with the corporate HQ as most airlines do.

And that is still there at the RIDC. The Pittsburgh folks said that if US chooses PIT, then they'll locate that center on airport property as opposed to off grounds at the RIDC park...

OPNLguy

Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:48 pm

Quoting Steeler83 (Reply 13):
And that is still there at the RIDC. The Pittsburgh folks said that if US chooses PIT, then they'll locate that center on airport property as opposed to off grounds at the RIDC park...

Thanks, I couldn't recall if they were still there--it's been years since I was there for an ADF meeting and got a tour. But hey, I -did- survive a visit to the "Glass Tower" hotel...  Wink
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

jdwfloyd

Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:57 pm

Quoting OPNLguy (Reply 14):
"Glass Tower" hotel

Don't give it that much credit, it's just a motel. The bar downstairs does have good wings and women in Hooters style uniforms.  Smile

OPNLguy

Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:03 pm

Quoting Jdwfloyd (Reply 15):
Don't give it that much credit, it's just a motel. The bar downstairs does have good wings and women in Hooters style uniforms.

Oh, I know, especially the "Tower" part. ADF leadership moved the meeting to the Red Roof across the street...

cltguy

Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:05 pm

From what I understand PHX has the best financial incentives out of the 3 locations. However the MT Time Zone is definately something to consider.

If it comes down to PIT vs CLT...then I think that CLT has the better incentive package than PIT.

vega

Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:46 pm

Quoting Cltguy (Reply 17):
If it comes down to PIT vs CLT...then I think that CLT has the better incentive package than PIT.

What is CLT's incentive package?
We are but a moment in this vast Universe and when gone we will never have existed.

A330323X

Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:39 am

Quoting Vega (Reply 18):

The laws in North Carolina don't obligate CLT to reveal their incentive package unless it's selected, unlike those in Pennsylvania and Arizona.
I'm the expert on here on two things, neither of which I care about much anymore.

Bridogger6

Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:03 am

This argument is quite flawed. Most airline are very much a 24 hour operation. With this logic, we should also have operation centers in Europe to account for that time difference. The fact is, that with redeyes, and international departures crossing over into completely different time zones, there is a need for staffing 24 hours around the clock, no matter what city the OCC/SOC is in. So whether it is on the east coast or in PHX, you're going to need to staff it 24/7.

jmc1975

Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:25 am

Quoting Bridogger6 (Reply 20):
This argument is quite flawed. Most airline are very much a 24 hour operation. With this logic, we should also have operation centers in Europe to account for that time difference. The fact is, that with redeyes, and international departures crossing over into completely different time zones, there is a need for staffing 24 hours around the clock, no matter what city the OCC/SOC is in. So whether it is on the east coast or in PHX, you're going to need to staff it 24/7.

checkmark 
Also keep in mind the Hawaii departures, which depart after 1 or 2AM PHX time. Any OCC/SOC must be around the clock. Each sector will likely have diffierent start times and not necessarily follow a 7-3,3-11,11-7 schedule pattern.

OPNLguy

Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:34 am

Quoting Bridogger6 (Reply 20):

With all due respect, I think you've completely missed his point, and as a result, it's your response to him that's flawed.

The issue he brought up isn't whether their OCC needs to be a 24-hour operation (it does, and is), it's exactly when the shifts would need to start relative to local time at the OCC versus what the needs of the airline are. Given the high number of flights they have east of of the Mississipppi, there would have to be appropriate staff to both plan and flightwatch, and should the OCC be located out west, it's not too difficult to imagine those shift times resulting in some oddball ones relative to local time out west, especially the morning shift(s).

[Edited 2006-11-02 20:36:16]

CentPIT

Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:19 am

Well, how do you know the incentive if they don't have to release it?

I think it is going to come down to PIT and PHX. With more employees at the Pittsburgh operation, I would suggest leaving the center put. If this means PIT needs to offer more incentives, then so be it. The ACAA would be stupid not to fight for this one.
Pittsburgh International: US Airways---160 daily departures! (52 destinations)

mah584jr

Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:01 am

I know that PHL isn't the greatest airport for US at the moment, but why hasn't that city submitted a bid for the center? It's the most profitable hub and it might make some sense to check out that location.

steeler83

Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:54 am

Quoting CentPIT (Reply 23):
I think it is going to come down to PIT and PHX. With more employees at the Pittsburgh operation, I would suggest leaving the center put. If this means PIT needs to offer more incentives, then so be it. The ACAA would be stupid not to fight for this one.

I just read some more on this matter in today's Post Gazette... Well, on their webpage anyway...

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/06306/735080-100.stm

Quote:
Mr. Rendell, who was attending a bill signing in the North Hills, said afterward that he would be meeting with US Airways CEO Doug Parker soon to see how Pennsylvania could improve its bid. He said the state should get some consideration because cutbacks by the former incarnation of the airline cost 10,000 jobs, many in the Pittsburgh region.

Mr. Rendell said the "buzz" is that the choice for the new center is between Phoenix and Pittsburgh, presumably meaning that Charlotte, N.C., is no longer under consideration.

Any thoughts on this bit here?

EasternSon

Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:00 am

Most of the people I've talked to who work for US Air in Pittsburgh (off-airport) seem pretty convinced they'll be out of a job by December 2007.

Management has pushed the date several times, but 12/07 hasn't changed in a while.

I'm hoping that they do keep at least a portion of the people in Pittsburgh. It's a nice city, and is fairly cheap. Of course, with the airline being profitable again, there may be a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" attitude adopted. If they left things as is, at least for a while, they could put off any number of costs associated with the move.
"The only people for me are the mad ones...." Jack Kerouac

steeler83

Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:15 am

Quoting EasternSon (Reply 26):
I'm hoping that they do keep at least a portion of the people in Pittsburgh.

I agree. I think enough US employees in Pittsburgh got the axe. Don't kick a dog when it's down... I think that's how the saying goes...

PIT is now profitable again for US, O&D is on the rise there with WN, B6, and various other carriers coming in to fill in some of the gaps and offer lower fares. Things can only get better for PIT, and I would like to see US be a part of PIT's inevitable rise despite the smaller big operations now at PIT...

jmc1975

Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:29 am

Quoting EasternSon (Reply 26):
Of course, with the airline being profitable again, there may be a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" attitude adopted. If they left things as is, at least for a while, they could put off any number of costs associated with the move.

But it IS broke. One airline running two seperate Central Operations Centers is NOT conducive to its long-term financial health and it would be at a competitive disadvantage. Profitability is relative...it doesn't excuse a company from taking responsible steps to ensure its future. Sure there will be significant initial moving costs involved, but the company has to do the right thing and combine its Operations.

steeler83

Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:30 am

Given that the hq and all the jobs for the most part were relocated to Tempe, AZ, I would like to see the central ops center stay out East, but that is just me... I would like to see it come to Pittsburgh, but it would not surprise me if it went to CLT, being that the largest domestic hub is located there.

vega

Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:37 am

Quoting A330323X (Reply 19):
Quoting Vega (Reply 18):

Quoting Vega,reply=18:

The laws in North Carolina don't obligate CLT to reveal their incentive package unless it's selected, unlike those in Pennsylvania and Arizona.

I'm well aware of that. That is the reason for the ?
We are but a moment in this vast Universe and when gone we will never have existed.

CentPIT

Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:16 am

Odds are, as usual, that the Operations Center will be moved to PHX. I will not be surprised one bit. US Airways is looking for the city with the best incentive, and I doubt Pittsburgh Officials are going to change very much of their offer. I would hate to see 400 more Pittsburgh jobs lost. While it makes no sense to cut 400 people as opposed to 150, I don't think US seems to care. I am sure the existing PIT employees would be offered a spot in Arizona, but I can guarantee about 90% of them will chose to remain in Pittsburgh.

I wish the best of luck to all involved in this (I feel this word is appropriate.) mess. I do however hope that Pittsburgh prevails.

steeler83

Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:19 am

Quoting CentPIT (Reply 31):
I wish the best of luck to all involved in this (I feel this word is appropriate.) mess. I do however hope that Pittsburgh prevails.

You and me both! I hope the ACAA is smart here and drops the whole "we don't need US" attitude and pitch something to keep whatever is left of US in the burgh...

commavia

Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:19 am

While it makes no sense to cut 400 people as opposed to 150

Honestly, it makes a lot of sense. It is completely logical for an airline as big as as the new combined USAirways to have its operations control center in the same general location as its headquarters. In fact, it make far, far less sense to keep central operations in a seperate city than headquarters, something that I'm surprised even the old USAirways tolerated as long as it did. There is a reason why just about every other major U.S. airline has their operations center where the headquarters is -- it's not a coincidence.

OPNLguy

Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:26 am

but I can guarantee about 90% of them will chose to remain in Pittsburgh.

With new aircraft dispatcher jobs at Part 121 Domestic/Flag airlines being so rare these days, you really think a couple of hundred of them are going to quit?

If it does go west, I'd think you'd sooner see some really creative shift trading and crash pads so folks could commute. Commuting is certainly no picnic, and not an optimum situation, but it has to be better than quitting the airline and trying to find a job with similar pay/benefits there in the PIT area.

Good luck to everyone...

[Edited 2006-11-03 01:27:56]

CentPIT

Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:30 am

Quoting OPNLguy (Reply 34):
With new aircraft dispatcher jobs at Part 121 Domestic/Flag airlines being so rare these days, you really think a couple of hundred of them are going to quit?

Yep, most people will quit. Would leave home after living there all your life, and pull your kids out of some of the best schooling in the country (PA as a whole)!

steeler83

Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:50 am

If it does go west, I'd think you'd sooner see some really creative shift trading and crash pads so folks could commute. Commuting is certainly no picnic, and not an optimum situation, but it has to be better than quitting the airline and trying to find a job with similar pay/benefits there in the PIT area.

The PIT area is trying to recover economically with local business either beeing bought out by larger corporations (Westinghouse by Toshiba) or becomming larger by acquiring smaller regional businesses, as well as international (PNC, Reed Smith, US Steel)

As for PIT, I hope that the ACAA can convince someone to set up another focus city here (whether it be passenger or cargo service) to boost the local economy. I hope that the locals will adopt the pro-region approach and come off of that stupid "what's-in-it-for-me" NIMBY garbage. PIT has too many of them to allow the region to grow the way it needs to.

Moon TWP's opposition has killed the proposal for a cargo facility that would have handled 13 747s. Don't they even consider the economic growth such a facility would have generated? Are they blind?

If this center is removed and placed elsewhere, good luck to the unfortunate employees... As of right now, and probably for the forseeable future, they would have no future in the PIT area...

Alias1024

Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:04 am

I don't see an issue with scheduling and having SOC in Phoenix. The graveyard shift can start with the LAS redeye flights, then prepare the European inbound flights and the early morning East Coast flights. Perhaps something like 2200-0600. Other shifts are 0600-1400 and 1400-2200.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems with just potatoes.

ERJ170

Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:14 am

NC has a strong record recently (past 3-5 years) of offering very nice incentives for major corporations moving into the state. If it comes down to the battle of the bucks.. NC will throw some serious cash/tax incentives in without batting an eyelash. I could see it in a surrounding city near CLT.. not sure about "in" CLT..

It already has it's reservations center in Winston-Salem (Piedmont turf), the Headquarters in Tempe (AmWest turf), International gateway in Philadelphia (Alleghany turf?), and all they need is something in PSA turf.. who knew.. LOL.
Aiming High and going far..

OPNLguy

Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:04 pm

Quoting CentPIT (Reply 35):
Yep, most people will quit. Would leave home after living there all your life, and pull your kids out of some of the best schooling in the country (PA as a whole)!

Sorry, but I'll have to disagree. Many (if not most) of the folks there have been there for awhile and do indeed have ties to the community. There may be a few who retire rather than move but I think the majority would head to PHX to work, and commute to PIT. As the gent below also noted:

Quoting Steeler83 (Reply 36):
As of right now, and probably for the forseeable future, they would have no future in the PIT area...

Time will tell...

steeler83

Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:28 pm

Quoting OPNLguy (Reply 39):
Quoting Steeler83 (Reply 36):
As of right now, and probably for the forseeable future, they would have no future in the PIT area...

Time will tell...

I would like to add something else regarding Pittsburgh's economic state... In the past, many of Pittsburgh's larger companies that were bought out by other national and globally larger corporations (Gulf Oil) and that meant that those employees either lost their jobs, or moved wherever the jobs went after the acquisition. The steel companies also took a hit in this area, as many of them closed up shop, laying off 100k-plus workers. If companies were not merging with other companies resulting in moving, then the companies themselves moved out. US Airways in particular falls into this category. It was started up in Pittsburgh, then moved to Alexandria VA, before moving to Tempe, AZ after the merger with HP, of course jobs were lossed as US cut back service at its hub long before the HP merger...

Now, I am looking at something different... Companies are still merging with local corporations, or moving hqs out, but the employment bases still remain in and around Pittsburgh. Toshiba bought Westinghouse, but said that the 2,000 Westinghouse employees would stay put. In addition, Toshiba will choose between Pittsburgh and Charlotte to locate a facility that would employ another 2,000 employees over the years. Alcoa has moved its hq to New York, but its 2,000-employee base will remain in Pittsburgh as well. Could this be the start of a new trend, that perhaps companies might be interesed in investing in Pittsburgh, even if it means buying local businesses without displacing employees? If this is a trend developing, it would be a supremely good thing for the region...

And I guess it's like you said above OPNLguy, time will certainly tell...

vega

Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:01 pm

Odds are, as usual, that the Operations Center will be moved to PHX. I will not be surprised one bit. US Airways is looking for the city with the best incentive, and I doubt Pittsburgh Officials are going to change very much of their offer.

Don't be so pessimistic. Rendell can be a formidable advocate. He can offer State money and other incentives, such as subtly hinting that delivering the Ops Center to Pittsburgh could be very influential in settling the current and future gate situation at PHL. Note that Parker has stated publicly on 10/26 that he sees ALL of A-East eventually going to US International and that would mean AA would also have to be relocated from it's 5 or so gates (I think that's the number), as well as Frontier.

Charliejag1

Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:20 pm

I work in the SOC in Phoenix.

The current shifts change times are 0530, 1330, and 2130. I can honestly tell you that no decision has been made, contrary to some rumors. Also, although some total numbers (incentive packages) may be higher than others, that is not all that matters. It has been made clear that there are certain aspects of that total that are more financially important than others. I cannot honestly recall one of the good examples of this. I am not concerned, nothing will happen for another year by the time they choose a site, break ground, build, and transfer control.

vega

Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:50 pm

Quoting Charliejag1 (Reply 42):
I am not concerned, nothing will happen for another year by the time they choose a site, break ground, build, and transfer control.

Since all of the affected workers are supposed to be offered a transfer from wherever to wherever, what's your guess on what % of the PHX crew would relocate to PIT?

cltguy

Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:56 am

From what I have read the PIT bid incentives are mostly loans...whereas the CLT bid is mostly tax grants. From what I have read it seems that PHX has the best incentives package...so if it is purley a money decision, then PHX wins.

silentbob

Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:17 pm

Quoting CentPIT (Reply 35):

People in PA don't think like normal people, especially those from PIT. My in-laws live out there and the vast difference in their mentality since moving back there is just amazing. There is a belief that PIT is superior to anywhere else on the face of the earth despite all evidence to the contrary. Personally I find that amusing, it's the god-awful way they mangle the English language that grates on my nerves.

CentPIT

Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:25 pm

Quoting Silentbob (Reply 45):
People in PA don't think like normal people, especially those from PIT. My in-laws live out there and the vast difference in their mentality since moving back there is just amazing. There is a belief that PIT is superior to anywhere else on the face of the earth despite all evidence to the contrary. Personally I find that amusing, it's the god-awful way they mangle the English language that grates on my nerves.

It is still easier for me to listen to some of the annoying slang of Pittsburgher's than that of the south.

Every once in a while, I will find myself saying something weird. I don't think I am superior to anyone. I just feel Pittsburgh is a great place, and if I had to move to keep my job I would. Most Pittsburgh residents would not however. I know a lot of people that just took a leave from US in their darkest days, and then quit when they saw the inevitable coming. Most people stated they were "just" done with US, and have since moved on to new career paths.

If you don't mind me asking, were do your in-laws live? Pittsburgh does have its really nice communities:

Fox Chapel
Pine Richland
Center
Sewickley
Beaver
Seneca Valley

(That is just a few.)

OPNLguy

Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:41 pm

Quoting CentPIT (Reply 46):
I know a lot of people that just took a leave from US in their darkest days, and then quit when they saw the inevitable coming. Most people stated they were "just" done with US, and have since moved on to new career paths.

That may well be true for alot of employee groups, but as there are so few dispatcher jobs out there for (and those that exist are at entry-level pay, and not the high-seniority pay they'd be leaving), that's why I thought if PIT moves west, many will juggle schedules and commute. I know one PIT guy who used to commute to Chicago, and few others over the years at other ailrines who have made similar treks. If nothing else, dispatchers usually have alot of flexibility in shift trading (as long as duty time limits are observed) and pitfalls aside, commuting can be a more palatable option than quitting a high-paid job just so one can stay in a community.

CentPIT

Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:21 am

Quoting OPNLguy (Reply 47):
know one PIT guy who used to commute to Chicago, and few others over the years at other ailrines who have made similar treks. If nothing else, dispatchers usually have alot of flexibility in shift trading (as long as duty time limits are observed) and pitfalls aside, commuting can be a more palatable option than quitting a high-paid job just so one can stay in a community.

I do understand where your coming from, I am just speaking for the people of Pittsburgh that I know.

Some of my friends parents commute to PHL where they have another home, and will work for a weak or so at a time. I don't think that it is right, but it is what some feel needs to be done to make things work.

Charliejag1

Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:27 am

Quoting Vega (Reply 43):
what's your guess on what % of the PHX crew would relocate to PIT?

That is hard to say. You can do surveys to try and figure out how many will move to which cities, but in that situation many people will say 'I wont move', just to try to influence the company to choose the site where they currently work. Instead, I have been told that an employee research company will be used to help understand how many people usually relocate when it comes down to it. Per my understanding, they use compiled data sets from other relocation instances. I am 90% sure tht I would not move. If, however, I am promoted within my department in the next year, thast percentage will go down and I would be more likely to move.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos