jimyvr

Tiger Airways Expands To India/Sri Lanka: 6 Cities

Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:20 am

Tiger Airways has received approval from Singapore Government to launch 6 destinations in India and Sri Lanka.

The cities are:
Goa
Kozhikode
Kolkata
Thiruvananthapuram
Kochi
Colombo

Once received approval from India and Sri Lanka, they'll be launched in 2007, which expands the network to 21 cities with 12 A320s.

Rival jetStar Asia, pulled out Singapore-India service few months ago, but already plans to return to Bangalooru (formerly known as Bangalore) and increase service to Indonesia.

Tiger Airways already holds the rights to Kolkata.

Source is from Strait Times, with internal article posted on CARNOC.
1000 - 01MAR07 | http://airlineroute.blogspot.com/

blrBird

RE: Tiger Airways Expands To India/Sri Lanka: 6 Cities

Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:22 am

Quoting Jimyvr (Thread starter):
Thiruvananthapuram
Kochi

SilkAir (MI) does server these routes from SIN. Are these new services or MI is pulling out?

Quoting Jimyvr (Thread starter):
but already plans to return to Bangalooru (formerly known as Bangalore)

Looks like 3K is not doing good on SIN-BLR route, they have reduced freq from 5xWk to 3xWk. I wonder how long they'll sustain!
from star dust....

Ryanair!!!

Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:24 am

SilkAir (MI) does server these routes from SIN. Are these new services or MI is pulling out?

Don't think so. MI and TR both have rather different passenger demographics. MI has quite a lot of connecting traffic via parent SQ whereas TR concentrates on more O&D traffic from the budget terminal in SIN. Currently, the airline operate quite a few flights that has both SQ and MI in it too (BKK, HKT, SGN, HAN and CAN).
Welcome to my starry one world alliance, a team in the sky!

Nimish

Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:04 pm

Quoting BlrBird (Reply 1):
Looks like 3K is not doing good on SIN-BLR route, they have reduced freq from 5xWk to 3xWk. I wonder how long they'll sustain!

I thought the last discussion on A.net mentioned that they'll withdraw the route in January 2007?
Latest Trip Report - GoAir BLR-BOM-BLR