xpfg

Questions Regarding F9 In FAT

Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:36 am

When F9 goes to mainline at FAT in January, am I reading the schedules correctly in the fact that there will only be ONE flight total all day representing F9? No JetExpress or anything?

When trying to do a booking of TUL-FAT when mainline comes in, getting to FAT is of no issue, but the booking system cannot put together a return trip due to schedule conflictions. Any ideas as to what F9's future plans may be into FAT?

While I'm happy to see newer service (mainline especially) into FAT, I'm a little disappointed at times...one more a day would be nice. OO has been quite successful with the DEN routes operating as United Express.

[Edited 2006-11-02 19:37:34]

FATFlyer

RE: Questions Regarding F9 In FAT

Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:53 am

January and February are very low passenger months at FAT for all airlines, only about 65% of the numbers seen the rest of the year. (post-holiday time added to the dense fog reduces the traffic) It goes back up in March and stays up throught December.

So the single flight a day is probably not a bad idea during Jan/Feb.

I think what remains up in the air about Fresno beyond that for F9 right now is what choices Frontier makes for a new JetExpress partner and the deployment of its Q400s.

I expect that they will return FAT to 2 flights a day in the spring.

The only question is what aircraft mix will it be, 2 RJs, 1 mainline and 1 RJ, or (crossing fingers) 2 mainline flights.

[Edited 2006-11-02 19:55:30]
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain

mariner

RE: Questions Regarding F9 In FAT

Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:55 am

Quoting Xpfg (Thread starter):
am I reading the schedules correctly in the fact that there will only be ONE flight total all day representing F9? No JetExpress or anything?

Yes, for several reasons.

In January, the first of the Horizon aircraft leaves Frontier's Jet Express fleet. Frontier do not yet have a new provider - they say it will be annunced "in a few weeks".

In the meantime, they are swtitching DEN-FAT to mainline, but 1 x daily, not 2 x daily express. It is almost precisely the same capacity. ABQ changes, too.

As January and February are very low traffic months at FAT, it is a useful alignment of the planets.

What will happen in the spring has not yet been annouced. Since DEN-FAT gets excellent load factors in the summer for Frontier, they may add another frequency.

Quoting Xpfg (Thread starter):
While I'm happy to see newer service (mainline especially) into FAT, I'm a little disappointed at times..

You sound as if you'd rather see more express and less mainline?

???

mariner
aeternum nauta

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos