ASTROJET707
Topic Author

Help W/Non-Interline INT-DOM Cxn @ SFO

Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:25 pm

I would appreciate your thoughts on an upcomeng trip relating to connection times at SFO. I am flying VS, SFO-LHR-SFO later this month with an arrival time of 205pm into SFO from LHR. I am flying DFW-SFO-DFW on UA(separate ticket). I booked both online with the UA SFO-DFW departing SFO at 647pm...plenty of time to connect. UA just notified me they put me on a 445pm departure to DFW via DEN...which pissed me off as I wanted the nonstop. I cannot pull up the nonstop I was booked on so I assume the flight was dropped in a schedule change. My fare dropped $98.20...any chance I can get a refund without paying at $100 change fee? Is 2H40M enough time to clear customs and get to UA for the SFO-DFW flight. Thanks very much.

AJ707

hawaiian717

RE: Help W/Non-Interline INT-DOM Cxn @ SFO

Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:17 pm

It sounds like it might be long enough, but I've never gone through customs at SFO.

Often when there is a schedule change, the airline will do what they think will be best, but they don't know the whole story. Give them a call and see if they can change you to a later flight. In my experience, when the airline has changed your flight due to a schedule change, they'll let you make a further adjustment to better suit your needs without charging a change fee. As in your case, they sometimes put people on an earlier flight when a later flight would work out better, or vice versa.