laca773

SilverJet To Start EWR-Luton 25 January 2007.

Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:06 pm

I did a thorough search before posting this.

I just read the OAG Frequent Flyer online magazine in the regions section, Northeast. It states the new low fare all business class airline SilverJet, will commence their first 762s configured for 100 passengers between NYC (EWR) and Luton, UK., on 25 January 2007.(OAG doesn't disclose say whether flights will orginate from JFK or EWR, however the previous closed thread here on a.net and the Bloomberg online news link within the thread states it will be from EWR.). OAG doesn't state if how often the route will be operated {obviously once daily} between EWR and Luton, UK.

I find all of this very interesting as the news searches and the closed thread on here stated SilverJet will not receive their first of three 762s until March 2007 and the second won't come online until October 2007.
Is this really going to happen?

Any further information will be greatly apreciated from all.

LACA773

Kevin777

RE: SilverJet To Start EWR-Luton 25 January 2007.

Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:12 pm

Don't have any information on the delivery schedule, start date etc... Just wanna give my 2 cents of advice to SilverJet: PULL OUT!!! How can they possibly be so blue-eyed that they think they can ever make money?????? Look at how Eos and MaxJet are doing. Fine product onboard, yes, alright airports, well STN is alright anyway, but not a chance of competing with the frequencies and scale of VS, BA, CO, AA etc. And oh yeah, plane goes technical and they're totally screwed..

But here's an idea: Eos and MaxJet don't have exactly the same concept (Eos more posh than MaxJet, 767 vs 757 etc.) but still, close enough. Don't know about SilverJet, but it is all-J after all. Now, if these three airlines joined forces, not only would they avoid competing with each other, they'd also build up scale to compete with the big ones flying across the pond. Well, just a thought..  Smile

Kevin777
"I was waiting for you at DFW, but you must have been in LUV" CPH-HAM-CPH CR9

kazzie

Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:34 pm

Any news on who is going to ground handle them? I would have thought either Harrods or Signature Aviation.. not to sure though... I know they will have a separate terminal being built for them thats about it really...

See what happens!
Bazinga punk.

LeonB1985

Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:39 pm

Quoting Kazzie (Reply 2):
I would have thought either Harrods or Signature Aviation

I heard somewhere that they'd be using Harrods Aviation, rather than Signature Flight Support, but don't quote me on that. Who knows!
From the construction site that is better-known as London Heathrow Airport

gilesdavies

Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:42 pm

New service was announced over two weeks ago, here is a link to a thread where is was discussed previously...

http://www.airliners.net/discussions...general_aviation/read.main/3040467

Regards
G!