EI747SYDNEY
Topic Author

Fares To Europe

Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:05 pm

Hey Guys

Well I'm back to Ireland in March for a long deserved trip home to the emerald isle. I'v gotten a couple of prices for flights but I dont wanna miss something good. Has anyone any ideas on good prices/routes, both economy and business? maybe past experiences. I'm off on 28th Feb and return to Sydney on the 17th March.

Thanks everyone

Rob
''Live life on the edge, Live each and every day like it's your last, Hell you only live once''

stylo777

RE: Fares To Europe

Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:40 pm

QF005 SYD-SIN-FRA | 17:00 - 05:15 (+1)
EI651 FRA-DUB | 10:50 - 11:50

EI656 DUB-FRA | 16:20 - 19:20
QF006 FRA-SIN-SYD | 23:25 - 06:20 (+2)

always a good, cheap alternative...

Vref5

Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:20 pm

Quoting EI747SYDNEY (Thread starter):
Well I'm back to Ireland in March for a long deserved trip home to the emerald isle. I'v gotten a couple of prices for flights but I dont wanna miss something good. Has anyone any ideas on good prices/routes, both economy and business? maybe past experiences. I'm off on 28th Feb and return to Sydney on the 17th March.

Hmm... a 28 Feb departure should be excellent as that is mid-week, but with your return, you're getting closer to weekend territory which can be less than fun for longhaul flights. Still, the longest segment will depart on Thursday 15 March so it may not be a big deal with load factors in economy if you sit there.

Do you build up frequent flier/flyer miles with any particular airline? If not, that's one less thing to be concerned with. If you regularly fly places from Oz, you probably do want to leverage FF membership due to how you can really build some miles with this kind of flight.

It would probably go roughly like this:

DUB-LHR hop on Thursday 15 March
Change planes at LHR, board a longhaul jet like the 747, 777, A340
Fly to BKK, SIN, KUL, or HKG
Freshen up a bit somewhere at the airport
Change planes again
Fly to SYD
Stagger home  Smile

Where you want your stop to be will depend on if you've got a particular preference for one of these airports and want to revisit, or if you're adventurous and would like to visit a 'new' airport you haven't been to yet.

QF occasionally operates a special flight with quick access to a golf course at BKK as an unexpected perk. Big grin All kidding aside, they're pretty good airports with extensive experience in dealing with transit passengers as a major gateway between Oz and UK/Europe. No slam on QF, either.

I hear most rave reviews about SIN and HKG, though.

I think it's somewhere in the neighbourhood of approx UKP 4500 / AUD $11000 / USD $8500 for business, for a return (round trip) ticket. Economy is about a third of that price.

Better deals can be had if you're willing to fly with one of the smaller international airlines and if you're willing to do it as a two stop flight between LHR-SYD; first stop after LHR would be somewhere in Europe or the Middle East and second stop would be in SE Asia. For instance, with GF (Gulf Air).

VHVXB

Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:35 pm

http://bestflights.com.au/index.php
http://www.firstclass.com.au/
These websites might help you if you want to find a premium ticket.
You have many options available SYD-Asia-LHR-DUB or you can do SYD-AKL-LAX-LHR-DUB.
Royal Brunei has J class fare to London starting at $3679

Australia1

Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:50 pm

Call a tour wholesaler who can usually do a cheaper fare if you make a small purchase on ground content (something like AUD$300 on virtually anything that can be booked from this end, which you'll probably need anyway & cheaper to book BEFORE you depart), which often works out cheaper than straight airfare on same airline same flights.

This is still in ski season, so try any of the ski wholesalers (don't call a general travel agent, as they will just call the wholesaler, which slows communication), as they usually have fares with a number of major carriers, not only to ski destinations, but all the destinations, those carriers fly to.

If you want a number email us.