ben88

Load Factors On The LAX-Paris Route

Sat Jul 08, 2000 8:18 am

How are load factors on the LAX-Paris route? When I was doing research on which airline I would take, I found that there are five daily non-stops and one twice weekly from LAX to Paris which are as follows:

1.) UAL flight 932 LAX-CDG---777-200

2.) AOM flight 902 LAX-ORY---A340-200 and DC-10-30

3.) AA flight 140 LAX-CDG---767-300ER

4.) AF flight 065 LAX-CDG---777-200

5.) AF flight 071 LAX-CDG---747-400

6.) SS flight 0947 LAX-ORY---747-300 (twice weekly)

Maybe AF cabin crew can give us some information on how the load factors are for this route. I remember when I took AA last year on the same route, the plane was pretty empty, and this was during peak summer season. Any comments?

The777Man

RE: Load Factors On The LAX-Paris Route

Sat Jul 08, 2000 4:05 pm

I know United is usually very full and so are probably also Corsair and AOM since they fly mostly people on package tours from France to Tahiti. They really pack them in; SS 743 holds 580 passengers!! AOM's D13 holds 275 in economy. I think Air France's flights are also full usually at this time of year. They codeshare with DL so that helps to fill the planes. The777Man
Boeing 777s flown: UA, TG, KE, BA, CX, NH, JD, JL, CZ, SQ, EK, NG, CO, AF, SV, KU, DL, AA, MH, OZ, CA, MS, SU, LY, RG, PE, AZ, KL, VN, PK, EY, NZ, AM, BR, AC, DT, UU, OS, AI, 9W, KQ, QR, VA, JJ, ET, TK, PR, BG, T5, CI, MU and LX.. Further to fly.. LH 777

Mon Jul 10, 2000 1:53 am

Any room for a TW 767-300er on this route. It seems logical seeing TW bulk up at LAX (Kona, JFK, STL, SJU, DCA, and TWC service). Additionally, TW is starting CDG service to TLV and could soon also add CAI and perhaps RUH. Wouldn't be the easiest with 3 very established players: AA, UA, AF, but it is a high trafficked route. Any comments?

johnboy

Mon Jul 10, 2000 2:13 am

I don't understand the need for all these flights from LAX. Can someone bring me up to date on possible reasons for traffic? Celebrity-viewing? Beaches in California (yuck, at least in LA)? Business of some type that I can't fathom?

euroschu

Mon Jul 10, 2000 2:41 am

I can speak from my own experiences that the AF flights are usually full year-round. The fact that United is now flying the route is a good indication that tremendous demand is there.

As for the reasons why --- asked by Johnboy --- LA is the second largest city in the US, has world-class beaches & resorts (check out Laguna Beach sometime), is a hub for United, and is a logical stop-over for Hawaii.

Happy Flying Everyone!

AFa340-300E

Mon Jul 10, 2000 5:51 am

Hello,

From what I know the loads are good on the route. I think Air France plans to get back to all 747-400.

Regards,
Alain Mengus

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos