gkirk

Official Scottish Aviation Thread

Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:57 pm

Well, if the Irish can do it, then I'm sure the Scots on the board can have their own thread as well  Wink

Similar to the Irish thread, this thread will be used to discuss happenings within the Scottish Aviation scene.

Of course, non-Scots are welcome to join in these discussions.

So let's start shall we?  Wink

BAA Scottish Airports
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/6127938.stm

Quote:

More than 20 million passengers passed through Scotland's busiest airports during the past year, according to latest figures.

In October alone, 1.96 million passengers used Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen airports.

Good to see growth at EDI, GLA and ABZ  Smile

Glasgow Airport:
http://news.cheapflights.co.uk/flights/2006/11/glasgow_airport.html

Quote:

Some domestic passengers using Glasgow Airport will be temporarily diverted through the international search area this month.

Between November 6 and November 30, the airport will carry out "an essential upgrade" of the domestic search area, meaning that some passengers will be re-routed to the international zone.

Could be a bit confusing for some people judging by the term "some domestic passengers"?

Edinburgh Airport
http://www.theherald.co.uk/news/73909.shtml

Quote:

BAA, the operator of Edinburgh Airport, last night dropped opposition to plans for a multimillion-pound rail link.
The company had lodged a formal objection to the private bill going through the Scottish Parliament promoting the Edinburgh airport rail-link scheme because of its concerns over the possible pitfalls of the ambitious civil engineering project.

Bit stupid opposing something which would be of benefit to an airport that you run surely?

Aberdeen Airport
FlyBe recently launched flights between ABZ and LBA.
FlyGlobespan recently launched flights between ABZ and TFS, with the first flight operating via GLA. Next summer see's a whole host of new routes beginning.

Highland and Islands Airports (HIAL)
What will become of the BA INV-LGW flight with the recent announcement of FlyBe taking over Ba Connect?
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

ScottishLaddie

RE: Official Scottish Aviation Thread

Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:29 pm

With BE taking over BACON what are the implications going to be for EDI and GLA? Or will there be no implications?
It would seem that EDI is going to remain as the base for the LCY ops with a possible frequency increase on that route but other than that things seem very uncertain!

David L

Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:34 pm

Quoting Gkirk (Thread starter):
Bit stupid opposing something which would be of benefit to an airport that you run surely?

I have to assume there's something specific they're worried about but I've never heard what that might be.

gkirk

Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:51 pm

Quoting ScottishLaddie (Reply 1):
With BE taking over BACON what are the implications going to be for EDI and GLA? Or will there be no implications?
It would seem that EDI is going to remain as the base for the LCY ops with a possible frequency increase on that route but other than that things seem very uncertain!

Seems that LCY will have all the RJ100s thus apart from 1 overnighting RJ100, I'd have thought the EDI base would close.
Wonder what Flybe will do with EDI-HAM however?

Quoting David L (Reply 2):
I have to assume there's something specific they're worried about but I've never heard what that might be.

Good point. Wonder what it could be?

ARGinLON

Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:42 pm

Can anybody give an update of the North American routes both for the winter (JAN-MAR 07) and summer 07 vs. last year?

I know CO is there with EDI/GLA and Dl with EDIATL. What about AA?

Thanks!

ScottishLaddie

Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:52 pm

Quoting David L (Reply 2):

I believe BAA had concerns over tunneling through weak ground under the runway or something along those lines?

Quoting Gkirk (Reply 3):
Seems that LCY will have all the RJ100s thus apart from 1 overnighting RJ100, I'd have thought the EDI base would close.

Where are BA planning on parking all these RJ100s then? In the Thames?  Wink Everything I've read so far indicates the crew base will be staying at EDI, but I don't suppose that is confirmed. I'd imagine there will be atleast 3 RJ100s nightstopping at EDI to keep up the current schedule, there are 2 or 3 EDI-LCY departures before the first LCY-EDI arrival.
I also wonder about EDI-HAM, wouldn't be surprised to see BE drop it....

fxramper

Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:02 am

It's no good that AA cancelled their ORD-GLA direct flight.  no 

MYT332

Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:11 am

Well, if the Irish can do it, then I'm sure the Scots on the board can have their own thread as well

Yes but the Irish have their own country, it's called Ireland. I'd say we have a UK thread but the fact it would be based on London, Manchester and Birmingham would make you Scots feel left out...

Is there actually anything happening in Scotland? Oh wait, yep, yep there is, see reply 6! Big grin
One Life, Live it.

gkirk

Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:20 am

So...I take it the US PHL-GLA flight is returning next summer using a 757?
What about possible new FlyGlobespan long haul flights?

Anything new for Ryanair from PIK?

dogfighter2111

Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:34 am

Edinburgh Airport
http://www.theherald.co.uk/news/73909.shtml

Quote:

BAA, the operator of Edinburgh Airport, last night dropped opposition to plans for a multimillion-pound rail link.
The company had lodged a formal objection to the private bill going through the Scottish Parliament promoting the Edinburgh airport rail-link scheme because of its concerns over the possible pitfalls of the ambitious civil engineering project.

Heya, just to say that BAA withdrew their objections:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/6125624.stm

Thanks
Mike

David L

Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:40 am

Quoting ScottishLaddie (Reply 5):
I believe BAA had concerns over tunneling through weak ground under the runway or something along those lines?

Pah! Trivia.

GLAGAZ

Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:54 am

Well, if the Irish can do it, then I'm sure the Scots on the board can have their own thread as well

Its about time you posted something worthwhile :P Nah, its a good idea.

Quoting ARGinLON (Reply 4):
Can anybody give an update of the North American routes both for the winter (JAN-MAR 07) and summer 07 vs. last year?

I know CO is there with EDI/GLA and Dl with EDIATL. What about AA?

flyGlobespan will continue GLA-SFB at a reduced frequency.

Quoting Gkirk (Reply 8):
So...I take it the US PHL-GLA flight is returning next summer using a 757?

So far yes, but if NW or DL decide to turn up then I can't see them staying too much longer.

Quoting Gkirk (Reply 8):
What about possible new FlyGlobespan long haul flights?

With the success of GLA-SFB in the summer months I would think that within the next few years they may look to launch similar flights from STN and EDI.

Quoting Dogfighter2111 (Reply 9):
Heya, just to say that BAA withdrew their objections:

Sense prevails, I think the cost is a bit high and I doubt it wil make the money they forecast, but our airports need good rail links.

Gaz
Neutrality means that u don't really care cos the struggle goes on even when ur not there, blind and unaware

kaitak

Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:13 am

Good luck with it, guys! You've got some very good news yesterday - something I really hoped that we might get instead: Qatar Airways has announced Glasgow. They said they'd be adding a Northern European (now confirmed as GLA) and an Eastern European City (now Bucharest).

You also have a government, whatever you may think of them, which has placed a high value on developing links to the Middle and Far East and hopefully there will be more to come; the Scottish Executive, as far as I'm aware, has been very much involved in fighting for new routes and while we're certainly glad to have GF on board, EK and QR are expanding far more rapidly.

As someone who lives in Jersey, I was pleased to note yesterday that Flyglobespan is introducing a Tees-side - Jersey service, so maybe they could also add GLA and/or EDI?

GLAGAZ

Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:18 am

Quoting Kaitak (Reply 12):
Good luck with it, guys! You've got some very good news yesterday - something I really hoped that we might get instead: Qatar Airways has announced Glasgow. They said they'd be adding a Northern European (now confirmed as GLA) and an Eastern European City (now Bucharest).

:O LINK !!

Gaz
Neutrality means that u don't really care cos the struggle goes on even when ur not there, blind and unaware

gkirk

Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:19 am

Fantastic news!  bigthumbsup 

GLAGAZ

Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:29 am

Quoting Gkirk (Reply 14):
Fantastic news!

We need a source, I can't find anything...I hope Kaitak is right.

Gaz

rossbaku

Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:40 am

When (if ever) can we expect flights between the major Scottish Airports (ABZ, GLA, EDI etc.)?

RossBaku  Silly

kaitak

Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:54 am

I saw a newspaper extract with confirmation, but I can't find it; however, here's a thread from PPRUNE, which carries the confirmation (as well as some other details) ...

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=251343

GLAGAZ

Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:58 am

Quoting Kaitak (Reply 17):
I saw a newspaper extract with confirmation, but I can't find it; however, here's a thread from PPRUNE, which carries the confirmation (as well as some other details) ...

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthr...51343

Great news !! I guess 3/4x weekly A330 to start with?

Gaz

by188b

Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:03 am

Not exact confirmation, but a link from the qatar website stating that they are close to finalising a route to northern europe.

http://www.qatarairways.com/?id=0,2848,0,0,1,0&tab=5
next flights : BD LHR-TXL J, FR SXF-STN Y, SN BRU-LHR Y, MA LHR-BUD Y, BA BUD-LHR J, BA LCY-SNN-JFK J, BA JFK-LHR J, BA

ScottishLaddie

Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:32 am

Quoting Gkirk (Reply 8):

Not so far I don't think, although they do seem to still be in discussions with/hassling BAA to start some new mainland Europe routes from EDI. There is definitely potential for FR at EDI but unfortunately they'd probably end up flying to destinations that are already served from EDI, such as FR's equivalent of Barcelona, Frankfurt, Milan etc with wouldn't neccessarily be good news.

Humberside

Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:25 am

Highland and Islands Airports (HIAL)
What will become of the BA INV-LGW flight with the recent announcement of FlyBe taking over Ba Connect?

I think BE have said they are committed to LGW and plan to expand at INV - possibly with a small base there - wouldnt surprise me to see MAN, BHX, LBA and SOU launched over the next xouple of years and possibly even Eastern forced out of INV

Quoting Gkirk (Reply 3):

Quoting ScottishLaddie (Reply 5):
I also wonder about EDI-HAM, wouldn't be surprised to see BE drop it....

I think it will go to a Dash 8, maybe 5/6 times a week would be a good idea

Quoting Gkirk (Reply 8):

Riga and Dery, but at the expense of frequencies on other routes - PIK appears to have some issues with its management so expansion, at least on the passenger side of things by any airline seems unlikely

However BA are routing some extra cargo flights via PIK

As someone who lives in Jersey, I was pleased to note yesterday that Flyglobespan is introducing a Tees-side - Jersey service, so maybe they could also add GLA and/or EDI?

Im sure GLA/EDI-JER would work once/twice a week - especially GLA which appears to me to be underserved (EDI has more flights than GLA to JER including midweek flights)

Quoting Rossbaku (Reply 16):
When (if ever) can we expect flights between the major Scottish Airports (ABZ, GLA, EDI etc.)?

I know GLA-ABZ has been done before by BA/Loganair - though I think that was just for positioning purposes
Visit the Air Humberside Website and Forum

dogfighter2111

Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:31 am

Didn't Business Air fly the Saab 340 between Edinburgh and Aberdeen about 10 years ago?

Not that I can remember that far back but I thought i had read something on the matter.

Thanks
Mike

vfw614

Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:52 am

Any more insight by now about the fate of Loganair's BA franchise ? As they feed LON traffic from places like INV, KOI, SYY, BEB etc. through EDI and GLA, there is at least some reason to keep the brand. On the other hand, what benefit is there for a Scottish airline to carry the London Airways brand ? I remember reading an article half a year ago in which Scott Grier aired the idea that one option for the future would be to enter into a franchise agreement with another airline.... ?

GLAGAZ

Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:13 am

Quoting Vfw614 (Reply 23):
Any more insight by now about the fate of Loganair's BA franchise ? As they feed LON traffic from places like INV, KOI, SYY, BEB etc. through EDI and GLA, there is at least some reason to keep the brand. On the other hand, what benefit is there for a Scottish airline to carry the London Airways brand ? I remember reading an article half a year ago in which Scott Grier aired the idea that one option for the future would be to enter into a franchise agreement with another airline.... ?

I'm not too sure on this one. I'm pretty certain that I read that the deal with BA expires quite soon, but I really can't remember if that is true or not.

Perhaps they should team up with flyGlobespan and feed long haul from GLA and EDI  Smile

Gaz

vfw614

Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:39 am

The franchise expires in 2008, IIRC.

nighthawk

Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:59 pm

Quoting Vfw614 (Reply 25):
The franchise expires in 2008, IIRC.

Yup, the franchise expires soon, and the current management are considering letting it do so, instead either franchising with another carrier (bmi rumoured) or going solo.

Quoting ARGinLON (Reply 4):

Winter:
Continental EDI/GLA - EWR
Delta EDI-ATL
FlyGlobespan GLA-SFB

Summer
Delta EDI-ATL
FlyGlobespan GLA-SFB, GLA-Toronto, EDI-Toronto, GLA-BOS
US Airways GLA-PHL
Virgin GLA-MCO(?)
Travel City Direct GLA-SFB (?)
Zoom GLA-Canada (routes?)

Thats all I can think of. Possibly a few other GLA charters to Florida. FlyGlobespan have dropped plans to fly to LAS and the carribean from GLA, and American will not return.

GLAGAZ

Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:40 am

Quoting Nighthawk (Reply 26):
Winter:
Delta EDI-ATL
FlyGlobespan GLA-SFB

Bah, we both forgot about TSC and Zoom to Canada this winter. Do TSC have any EDI program this winter? Or is it just GLA?

Gaz

nighthawk

Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:59 am

Quoting GLAGAZ (Reply 27):
Do TSC have any EDI program this winter?

Summer only from EDI. What destinations do they do from GLA in the summer/winter?

GLAGAZ

Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:55 am

Quoting Nighthawk (Reply 28):
Summer only from EDI. What destinations do they do from GLA in the summer/winter?

According to BAA (if you believe them) its YYZ-GLA 3x weekly, one stopping off at MAN presumably. Weekly YVR via MAN and weekly YYC non-stop. Dunno if thats right or not.

Gaz

ScottishLaddie

Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:48 am

Quoting GLAGAZ (Reply 29):
According to BAA (if you believe them) its YYZ-GLA 3x weekly, one stopping off at MAN presumably. Weekly YVR via MAN and weekly YYC non-stop. Dunno if thats right or not.

Appears to be 1x weekly YYZ via MAN (on the outbound) and that's it? That's all that is showing on TS's website and Canadian Affair anyway...

gkirk

Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:38 am

Quoting ScottishLaddie (Reply 30):
Appears to be 1x weekly YYZ via MAN (on the outbound) and that's it? That's all that is showing on TS's website and Canadian Affair anyway...

Hmm..

Anywya, looks bad for BA staff at EDI GLA and ABZ  Sad
http://news.scotsman.com/edinburgh.cfm?id=1671292006

Good news for Aberdeen however. It's runway extension has been recommended for approval.
http://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/acci/...uncilNews/pr/pr_airport_081106.asp

GLAGAZ

Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:05 am

Quoting Gkirk (Reply 31):
Anywya, looks bad for BA staff at EDI GLA and ABZ Sad
http://news.scotsman.com/edinburgh.c...92006

It is indeed sad news for the staff.

Also, according to ScottishLaddie - Sterling are leaving EDI.

Gaz

gkirk

Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:07 am

Quoting GLAGAZ (Reply 32):
Also, according to ScottishLaddie - Sterling are leaving EDI.

Also bad news, but EDI still has 2 daily BMI flights tae CPH so all is not lost.

gkirk

Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:13 pm

Ministers to restrict expansion of airport
http://www.theherald.co.uk/politics/74244.html

Quote:

MINISTERS intend to rein in plans for Edinburgh Airport's growth, but risk a counter-attack that such a move would damage the Scottish economy.

FFS, obviously any plans to restrict growth at EDI would have an impact on the Scottish Economy, so why ministers are thinking of this, I have no idea.
 crazy 

vfw614

Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:28 pm

It looks as if a EDI-MUC route might be in the pipeline for 2007. Three airlines have applied for slots for this at MUC (U2, BD and JP).

gkirk

Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:35 pm

Quoting Vfw614 (Reply 35):
It looks as if a EDI-MUC route might be in the pipeline for 2007. Three airlines have applied for slots for this at MUC (U2, BD and JP).

About time. If properly advertised, an EDI-MUC service has the potential to be a big moneymaker. Think I'd prefer to see Lufthansa on the route however, although BD, JP(!!!) or EZY would also be welcome. I'd suspect EZY would only be a once a day flight.

vfw614

Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:01 pm

JP and BD have applied for twice daily flights, EZY for a daily flight. One of the JP flights would continue to LJU. However, none of the slots have been cleared at MUC and given the times requested, it looks rather unlikely that JP and BD will be assigned the slots. For EZY, it looks somewhat better (Easyjet seems to be getting seriously interested in MUC. In addition to the long running STN serive, they have now BSL online and applied for slots for flights to GVA, MAD and EDI for summer 2007).

vfw614

Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:09 pm

As we are just at it, I note that Loganair is getting some flak at the moment for more seriously implementing its long existing luggage allowance policy (15kg). I understand that recently four people tried to check in 254kg of luggage at KOI for a Saab 340 flight and were surprised when they were refused. As a result of this incident, Loganair has put up some reminder signs at check-in - a move which has resulted in the press covering it, not understanding that it has been like that for ten years or so. The whole thing now has even triggered an official complaint by an MP. He had the nerve to say that Loganair passengers are getting Ryanair service at BA prices....

gkirk

Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:40 pm

Quoting Vfw614 (Reply 38):
As we are just at it, I note that Loganair is getting some flak at the moment for more seriously implementing its long existing luggage allowance policy (15kg). I understand that recently four people tried to check in 254kg of luggage at KOI for a Saab 340 flight and were surprised when they were refused. As a result of this incident, Loganair has put up some reminder signs at check-in - a move which has resulted in the press covering it, not understanding that it has been like that for ten years or so. The whole thing now has even triggered an official complaint by an MP. He had the nerve to say that Loganair passengers are getting Ryanair service at BA prices....

Hadn't actually noticed anything in the press about that

vfw614

Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:43 pm

gkirk

Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:53 pm

Quoting Vfw614 (Reply 40):

Cheers

ScottishLaddie

Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:59 am

Quoting Vfw614 (Reply 35):

I don't think BD have ever withdrawn their application for slots they have had a continued interest in the route since they announced it but then had to drop it due to lack of suitable slots at MUC. Hopefully they won't do the same this time and announce before they have the slots they want! Although I do think BD would be best for this route, it's good to see EZY taking an interest.

vfw614

Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:13 am

The gap between requested and cleared times at the moment is between 2 and 3 hours....

tonforty

Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:23 am

I hope Loganair keep the BA franchise! It's so handy flying from SYY and being checked in to where ever my destination is. Also the BA website, online checkin etc.

vfw614

Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:27 am

Any development regarding the rumours that Air Berlin is looking at adding ABZ from STN ?

vfw614

Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:40 am

As rumour has it, Loganair might be announcing a deal tomorrow with Flybe/BACON concerning the take-over of four DHC8-300 and some of BACON routes - presumably stuff like EDI-MAN + the chance to put a larger aircraft on some of the routes to the islands ?

Quoting Vfw614 (Reply 37):
JP and BD have applied for twice daily flights, EZY for a daily flight. One of the JP flights would continue to LJU. ....

I should not have posted this  Smile - it has already made it into the Scotsman.....

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/edinburgh.cfm?id=1684792006

Gary2880

Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:54 am

ATA N517AT was in to ABZ yesterday, brought the WWE wrestlers. 2nd interesting movement of the year!  cool 

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/Gary2880/img_4849gts.jpg
Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel :- Samuel Johnson

express1

Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:06 am

this is a good idea gkirk,as i'm a member of the sbs1 group on yahoogroups,there are a few logs being posted on there from Aberdeen, and there is some good stuff that ott over Scotland not to mention the military stuff. So theirs and English,Irish and now a Scottish thread, umm now, lets see if there be a thread from the sheep shagin part of the country!!

dave
David.S cavanagh since 1961,if you can do better,then show me.

vfw614

Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:40 pm

Here we go - obviously they wet their pants because of the press coverage as the flights are not bookable before December:

easyJet, Europe's leading low-fares airline, today announced it would be bringing more low-fares to Scotland by adding a new direct European route from Edinburgh. The daily service to Munich will bring the total number of destinations served by easyJet from its Edinburgh base to nine, with an overall capacity increase of 5%.The airline expects to carry almost 100,000 passengers on this route in the first 12 months.

Earlier this year easyJet converted its bases at Edinburgh and Glasgow to solely Airbus operations, replacing the current fleet of Boeing 737 aircraft with brand new Airbus 319s. This move, together with the expansion of its Glasgow operations earlier this year, reflects easyJet�s continued commitment to its future in Scotland.

David Osborne, easyJet UK General Manager Commercial, commented:

�easyJet is thrilled to be bringing this direct new route from Edinburgh to Munich. The German city is an important business centre as well as a historic and cultural city, ideal for business passengers and for weekend breaks. This direct route is not only advantageous for Scots on business and leisure but will also bring economic benefit to Scotland by bringing German tourists to the region.

This new route is the first step in easyJet�s expansion plans for Edinburgh in 2007 and we look forward to announcing more new routes in the coming weeks.�

Richard Jeffrey, managing director of Edinburgh Airport welcomed easyJet�s commitment to the capital. He said:

�This is excellent news from easyJet and underlines their commitment to expand from Edinburgh. We are delighted to be able to support this new route through the BAA Scotland route development fund.

�Munich is one of Germany�s most vibrant cities, an important business centre and an ideal city break destination. We are confident it will prove popular with passengers, both here and in Germany, and will provide a real boost to the city�s tourism industry.�

�We look forward to working with easyJet to ensure the success of this new route and welcome their announcement of further expansion in the weeks ahead.�

The daily Edinburgh to Munich service which commences on 4 April 2007 is a result of investment from the Scottish Executive, in the form of the route development fund. This is a scheme introduced to support new direct air links, which will bring economic benefit to Scotland. easyJet not only expects to give Scots new opportunities for travel for both business and leisure purposes to the German city, but also to encourage more German tourists to visit Scotland. easyJet will also benefit from funding, in the form of marketing support, from VisitScotland.

Chief Executive of VisitScotland Philip Riddle said:

"Germany is our number one European market bringing in more than 280,000 visitors a year, so we are delighted to be working with easyJet on a �600,000 campaign to support this new route between Munich and Edinburgh. It will further raise awareness of Scotland and its capital as a holiday destination in this important tourism market.

"The new route will be especially significant to Edinburgh as our city is twinned with Munich and this is the first direct air link from the south of Germany. The flight will open up Scotland to a market of more than 1.3million people living in the largest city in that region.

"VisitScotland also supports all our direct routes, and we have developed an especially good relationship with easyJet over the last year when we worked with the airline on the launch of the Berlin- Glasgow flight, running a �100,000 campaign, which we jointly funded with easyJet and we look forward to continued successful relationship with them."

The introduction of the Edinburgh to Munich route by easyJet will provide a direct connection between the Scottish and German city; currently travellers need to endure laborious connections and pay fares that are too high.

The fares start from �21.99 one way including tax. Seats for Munich will be on sale in December when the airline launches its Summer schedule.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos