HPAEAA
Topic Author

If You Could Meet The Head Of Technical Operations

Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:06 pm

ok, so I have the chance to meet a head of Technical Operations at a major US airline.... I figured I'd put this out here to see what you all might think and what you would ask someone at that level if the opportunity became available... I was thinking along the lines of the strategic labor negotiations, as well as strategic strategy formulation given the current uncertainties..... what would all the a.neters out there ask?
Why do I fly???

Dalmd88

RE: If You Could Meet The Head Of Technical Operations

Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:18 pm

I had the chance to meet Tony Charaf at DL. I elected to walk away. Most of us in DL MTC wish he would walk out the door.

IAHFLYR

RE: If You Could Meet The Head Of Technical Operations

Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:33 pm

Flight Tech or over all Tech covering all bases?

Tech for the entire airline I'd ask why they don't take the CEO, CFO, and COO to DC, stand at or on Marion's desk drag other VP's into it like operations, flight standards and others, stand there and yell loud and clear about antique standards and such that don't allow changes to be made in anything close to a timely manner, and not leaving until they get a signed document mandating and holding the VP's accountable for making changes that advance toward a performace based NAS not just talking about it and using all the equipment and technology onboard aircraft.

Flight Tech, for me that would depend on the airline.
Any views shared are strictly my own and do not a represent those of any former employer.