JETPILOT
Topic Author

THe Answers To Your Jetpilot Questions...

Sun Jul 09, 2000 2:33 am

I am sorry I have not been around in the last 6 weeks. I have been in training for new airline called Express.net. The owner, David Clarke, purchased the old TransContinental certificate to operate his new airline. We will be an airfreight subcontractor.

Our initial fleet includes 4 airbus A300 B4's, and 3 727 200's, and 2 727 100's.

The A300's are the old quantas A300's with new doors cut in them. We will be the first operator after the conversion. We purchased all the Quantas support, and spares for the fleet. We are set for success with the dreaded Airbusses which suffer from the same affliction the L1011 has. Heavy maintenance demands. Look for the A300 to replace the DC8 in the comming years. Demand will be high for these airplanes. Althought the DC8 has much more range. They are similar in load carying capability although the A300 has much larger volume.

So I am done with class now and will be done with sim and my PC by July 18th. Then it's off to fly the line.

Hopefully I will be moved to the left seat after christmas. I was offered the right seat on the A300, but that's not my goal. If I wait a few months I will upgrade to captain on the 727. Should be after Xmas some time. Then you people on the ground will have something to worry about.

RE: Hey Bud!

Sun Jul 09, 2000 2:43 am

Nice to hear from ya.....i've been missing myself for almost a year.....came back about two months ago.
Nice to hear your flying, i remember your many posts about flying DC8s , seems like things are going good for you. Nice to hear. I've heard that left seat is pretty cool, let us know when your in it!-
A300 should be fun to fly too....I personaly love the widebody aircraft.....but hey your flying....COOL!

Take Care

D.Valerio

AirT85

RE: THe Answers To Your Jetpilot Questions...

Sun Jul 09, 2000 4:59 am

JETPILOT-HI! I heard a while ago about Express.net and someone said there hub is in Philadelphia. I was wondering if this was true and fomr what area of the airport would they operate form if it was? The UPS ramp? FedEx area? Or would they use the old cargo building everyone else uses, ExpressONE, FineAir, Airborne Express to name a few there.
Why would God make us all so different, if He wanted us to be the same?

D L X

Sun Jul 09, 2000 7:26 am

So, what happened to driving the US Airways 757?

cedarjet

Sun Jul 09, 2000 12:07 pm

Hey dude. Hope it goes well with the 3-holer. Good luck with everything.
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz