flumuc

African Star Airways Update?

Sun Jul 09, 2000 5:18 am

I know African Star Airways said that they want to start operations in 7 days. My question is wheter the plane is in Africa now or is it still in Singapore. Will they start flying on the 15th July?

RE: African Star Airways Update?

Mon Jul 10, 2000 12:19 am

One of the contributors to this forum (Pilot21) reported recently that the ex-SIA B747-300s intended for African Star (9V-SKK & 9V-SKL) were amongst the group of six that are to be leased to Virgin Atlantic Airways ... so I don't know what aircraft African Star intends using now.

Frankly, I'm still of the opinion that this airline will never fly commercially.

RE: African Star Airways Update?

Mon Jul 10, 2000 12:35 am

Okay, you said that they're gonna start operations in about 7 days right? Well, surely any dumbo would start advertising their airline, so that they'll have enough passengers to fill a 743 in a weaks time, that your average non-aviation person has not even heard of? And I can tell you now, I have seen absolutely NIKS (nothing) here in sunny SA, so I doubt they'll ever start up. And also, I have never seen their aircraft at JNB. The only time I saw it was in the Airways magazine!