jimyvr

SOuth African "new Fleet Plan" By JAN07; ORD Next

Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:09 am

The 30OCT-05NOV edition of Flight International had an article on South African's carriers when it comes to Mango.

In order not to have Mango took SAA's pax away, SAA mainline strategy is.....

The focus remains on growing profitable routes and strengthening relationships with other Star Alliance members. Long-term plans include increasing capacity in Africa, and to Europe, Asia and the USA. Chicago is shortlisted as SAA's third US destination. It already serves New York and Washington DC. Details of two more international routes and a new Libreville (Gabon) service will be announced soon.

Ngqula believes business travel will increase following the introduction of lie-flat seats on all long-haul routes, a modern fleet, and schedules that suit business travellers. He says SAA is working on a new fleet plan, which should be ready by the end of January, but declines to discuss details. "We're looking at all possible options, to compare products and identify aircraft that will be most suited to the specific requirements of the airline."
1000 - 01MAR07 | http://airlineroute.blogspot.com/

daron4000

RE: SOuth African "new Fleet Plan" By JAN07; ORD Next

Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:32 am

Great news for Chicago, just hope it happens sooner than later!

SA744

RE: SOuth African "new Fleet Plan" By JAN07; ORD Next

Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:44 pm

Well i hope they choose the correct aircraft my thinking is that they are going to keep with airbus, but would still be great to see some more boeings in the fleet. I wonder are they still dead set on fleet commonality?????