tcxdegsy

AC Customer Service

Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:54 am

Anyone else had problems with AC Customer Service?

I received a schedule change, and with it, my connection at YVR was less than the published minimum on their website. Despite their mistake, they still forced me to pay £20 change fee, and £20 fare difference.

Not only that, I checked tbeir one-way fares for the offending sector, and discovered that the flight I changed to was £20 cheaper than the one I changed from, and yet they charged me an extra £20!!!!

Of course, I'm compaining in writing. But I just wanted to know if anyone else has had similar problems with AC?
next flights: BA1441 0566 0581 1446 EDI-LHR-MXP-LHR-EDI

sevenair

RE: AC Customer Service

Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:55 am

The only way I can describe them is "Whitney dressed as Britney" - full service fares, with low cost service on board service. I booked 6 months in advance for my YYZ-MCO return flight, and was charged £270 (the lowest fare, fully inflexible). All that was served was a oacket of corn snacks and a glass of lemonade. My transatlantic flight cost me £300, including two meals, and two glasses of wine, on a competitor to AC!

N1120A

Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:00 am

Quoting Tcxdegsy (Thread starter):
I received a schedule change, and with it, my connection at YVR was less than the published minimum on their website. Despite their mistake, they still forced me to pay £20 change fee, and £20 fare difference.

You should definately complain.

Quoting Sevenair (Reply 1):
I booked 6 months in advance for my YYZ-MCO return flight, and was charged £270 (the lowest fare, fully inflexible).

You should have flown from BUF. Transborder flights are always a ripoff
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

tcxdegsy

Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:36 am

Complaint will be in the post tomorrow.

I think I'll rip up my Aeroplan card and use my BMI Diamond Club on on the flights now  hissyfit 

chrisa330

Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:59 am

You can complain online too...but I would call back - sked changes should not incur any fees to change at all.

https://aircanadacustomercare-en.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/aircanadacustomercare_en.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php

What seems to work with a lot of airlines - not just AC. If you don't like what you hear the first time, hang up and call again...or ask to speak to a supervisor.

tcxdegsy

Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:09 am

Thanks ChrisA330. The link takes you to their Canadian site, and they use the 'Right Now' email system, which advises I should expect a response within 10 business days. Yeah, right! They've only had 186 emails today (the reference number is date back to front, followed by the sequence number for the day)!!!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos