ben88

Planning A Trip To Israel==Help!

Sun Jul 09, 2000 7:41 am

It has been the lifelong dream of my father and I to go to Israel together. The problem is, I wouldn't know where to start planning! We are going to be leaving from LAX, and i'm assuming that we'll fly into TLV. We want to do it sometime in mid December of this year, and stay for a couple of weeks through Christmas. I have no idea which airlines fly from LAX to TLV, but i'm assuming that there has to be something, because we have a fairly large Jewish community here in Los Angeles. In any case, i'm awaiting your suggestions. Thanks,
Ben

El Al 001

RE: Planning A Trip To Israel==Help!

Sun Jul 09, 2000 7:52 am

So, what with the trip to Paris?

Well, you can try the LY 106 nonstop LAX-TLV on a 744 with PTV on all F/C/Y seats.

What do you think?

Sun Jul 09, 2000 7:55 am

Although I don't know much about it, North American flies from LAX-JFK, and codeshares w/El Al. But I reccomend doing it w/TWA, as I have heard repeatedly that they are better.

El Al 001

Sun Jul 09, 2000 8:00 am

Ben, If you need some help, i'll be happy to help you,
just e.m. me to RDMYST@internet-zahav.net

ben88

Sun Jul 09, 2000 8:36 am

The trip to Paris is still on. I want to try and do this during winter break in December. So EL AL has a non-stop flight from LAX to TLV? That sounds perfect, as I don't really want any connections on a 7,500 mile trip. I'm guessing the flight time will be in the vicinity of 14 hours. Correct me if i'm wrong. How is EL AL? Do they have a good reputation? I have heard about their security system, but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do.

The777Man

Mon Jul 10, 2000 5:49 pm

El Al currently flies nonstop LAX-TLV from June to October. This may hopefully change when they get their first of three 777s in January. The777Man
Boeing 777s flown: UA, TG, KE, BA, CX, NH, JD, JL, CZ, SQ, EK, NG, CO, AF, SV, KU, DL, AA, MH, OZ, CA, MS, SU, LY, RG, PE, AZ, KL, VN, PK, EY, NZ, AM, BR, AC, DT, UU, OS, AI, 9W, KQ, QR, VA, JJ, ET, TK, PR, BG, T5, CI, MU and LX.. Further to fly.. LH 777

ZRH

Mon Jul 10, 2000 9:40 pm

If you don't have a nonstop flight an other suggestion:
LAX-ZRH on SR 107, leaving in LAX at 1500 (3pm) arriving in ZRH at 1110 next day. There you have very good connections to TLV by SR or ELAL.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos