Flying Belgian
Topic Author

Jet Airways To Begin BOM-BRU-EWR In Summer 07'!

Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:20 pm

Hello !!

It's now been made official by the Belgian Prime minister who has come back from an economic mission trip in India: 9W will fly BOM-BRU-EWR from next summer on !! The very respected "Tijd" newspaper also confirmed:
http://www.tijd.be/mijn_nieuws/artikel.asp?Id=2531802

This much awaited announcement implies another important question:
- Which airplane will be used ? The 77W was the favourite one, but they will only get their first machine in march. They need at least two machines on the line for a daily flight...
- Is "next summer" end of march or may, June ?
- Why 9W hasn't chosen to fly direct BOM-EWR ? Isn't that in a 77W's range ?

Anyway an excellent news for Brussels Airport.

FB.
Life is great at 41.000 feet...

blrBird

RE: Jet Airways To Begin BOM-BRU-EWR In Summer 07'!

Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:46 pm

Quoting Flying Belgian (Thread starter):
BRU-EWR

Does this mean DoT approved 9W's application, i could not find any such document on DoT web site!

I dont know when 9W will receive 77W but they have A340's that they can probably use.
from star dust....

HAWK21M

Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:17 pm

Quoting BlrBird (Reply 1):
I dont know when 9W will receive 77W

1st B777 2nd Quarter 2007.
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

LAXintl

Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:25 pm

No disrespect, however I would hardly not call anything "official" that the Prime Minister of Belgium has to say in regards to airlines operating to the United States.

Jet Airways has yet after of two years of trying been granted approvals to serve EWR. There is a lenghty case history of Jet Airways to do with the question of one of its primary funders being linked to Al Qaeda and being named on a Treasury Department list of suspected terrorism funders. Plus then there is the issue of the name Jet Airways being registered for use by some East Coast travel agency which needs to be cleared up also.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

Scorpio

Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:36 pm

Quoting Laxintl (Reply 3):
No disrespect, however I would hardly not call anything "official" that the Prime Minister of Belgium has to say in regards to airlines operating to the United States.

While it was the belgian PM who made the announcement, it was in the presence of Naresh Goyal of 9W.

LAXintl

Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:44 pm

Lets see if/when approvals are forth coming. 9W has been indicating its desire to serve BRU-EWR since its initial application to commence services summer 2005.

manny

Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:54 pm

Quoting Scorpio (Reply 4):

While it was the belgian PM who made the announcement, it was in the presence of Naresh Goyal of 9W

Naresh Goyal has no say as to who operates to the US of A.
This announcement is insignificant unless DOT grants its approval to fly to US.

AKLDELNonstop

Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:58 pm

If NG doesnt get approval why doesnt he fly BOM/DEL-BRU-YYZ?

Scorpio

Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:58 pm

Quoting Manny (Reply 6):

Didn't say that, did I? But if he's there when it's said, chances are he knows a little more about whether they'll get permission or not than you do...

Gr8Circle

Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:33 am

Jet Airways has yet after of two years of trying been granted approvals to serve EWR. There is a lenghty case history of Jet Airways to do with the question of one of its primary funders being linked to Al Qaeda and being named on a Treasury Department list of suspected terrorism funders.

Which is probably a truckload of BS drummed up by some obscure American company with the same name as 9W, who are trying their best to stop 9W from flying to the US.....

texdravid

Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:57 am

Big deal.

CO flies EWR-DEL nonstop and DL flies JFK-BOM nonstop.
That is the standard and 9W and AI can all take a backseat with their one-stop b.s.
Tort reform now. Throw lawyers in jail later.

Flying Belgian
Topic Author

Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:35 am

Quoting Texdravid (Reply 10):
one-stop b.s

Waouww !! Nice man !!

The b.s company will have 10 brand new 77W, while "high-class" almost bankrupt DL has to cry to get two 772LRs !!!
Life is great at 41.000 feet...

manni

Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:12 am

Here's an article on Jet's future international expansion to the Americas.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/421455.cms

Interesting to read that Delhi - Dusseldorf - Toronto will also be launched next year.
SUPPORT THE LEBANESE CIVILIANS

jfk777

Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:37 am

Nonstop wouls be better, in this day an age I would have thought JETAIRWAYS would have made a big splash by going nonstop. 773ER should go nonstop if Delta is going with a 772ER fro JFK to Mumbai.

jaysit

Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:55 am

The standard of service on Jet Airways is fantastic.

A one-stop to BOM on Jet is preferable than a non-stop on Delta.
Atheism is Myth Understood.

flyguy1

Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:58 am

Why is Jet picking EWR, over JFK? Also, is there anyword on AI nonstop to NYC in 2007?
727, L1011, MD80, A300, 777-200, 737-300, 737-700, 747-400, 757-200, 737-800, A320. E190, E135, 767-200, CRJ9

Floris

Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:45 am

If they ever get permission to fly to the US, which I think is hightly unlikely, then it is safe to say that they will have to kill the BRU stop in the very near future if they want to be competitive.

detroitflyer

Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:35 am

why would the Dot not approve Jet Airways?? This is a free market economy.
Boiler Up!!!

LAXintl

Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:57 am

Quoting Detroitflyer (Reply 17):
why would the Dot not approve Jet Airways?? This is a free market economy.

See reply 3.

The carrier has been in the middle of a long running saga the last two years in regards to its stated intentions to serve the US.

OA412
Crew

Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:01 am

Quoting Flying Belgian (Reply 11):
The b.s company will have 10 brand new 77W, while "high-class" almost bankrupt DL has to cry to get two 772LRs !!!

Clearly you know very little about DL or the turnaround that they have made in Chapter 11 or you wouldn't be posting such crap. Besides, regardless of the way in which they have acquired them, those 2 772LR's will be just as new as 9W's 773's making yours a moot point. And, in all honesty your assesment of how they were acquired is, more or less, hyperbole.

Anyway, the point he was trying to make was that there has been a paradigm shift in terms of US East Coast-India flying. While the previous standard called for onestop flying, the current standard calls for nonstops. Frankly, it does not matter how new 9W's aircraft are, its US-India service will not be competitive with CO, DL, and AA until it offers an India-USA nonstop.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

manny

RE: Jet Airways To Begin BOM-BRU-EWR In Summer 07'

Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:02 am

Quoting Scorpio (Reply 4):

While it was the belgian PM who made the announcement, it was in the presence of Naresh Goyal of 9W.

Quoting Scorpio (Reply 8):
Quoting Manny (Reply 6):

Didn't say that, did I?

You were responding to a statement that correctly stated that the PM of Belgium had no say in who operated to US. Your response, was Naresh Goyal was there. Hence my response!!!!

Quoting Scorpio (Reply 8):

But if he's there when it's said, chances are he knows a little more about whether they'll get permission or not than you do...

You are speculating that he knows something more that he is saying. I do not think that even deserves a response.

Have a good day, mate!.

mk777

Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:15 am

I wonder if 9W will get the routes they have sought for. I must say they are beginning to expand. Couldn't imagine DUS and BRU.

DEL-HKG-YYZ
DEL-DUS-YYZ
BOM-BRU-JFK
BOM-PVG-SFO

if they do get it, i think 9W would do quite well in these routes as their inflight service will be better than most American carriers, no offense to anyone.

here is the link:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/J...ights_to_US/articleshow/421455.cms
come fly with me

planetime

Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:39 am

Quoting Mk777 (Reply 21):
DEL-HKG-YYZ
DEL-DUS-YYZ
BOM-BRU-JFK
BOM-PVG-SFO

Why two flights to YYZ instead of NYC or SFO? I would imagine those are bigger markets anyway.

Also in NYC is it JFK or EWR? I am not sure exactly which one theya re going to.

jaysit

Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:36 pm

Quoting OA412 (Reply 19):
Anyway, the point he was trying to make was that there has been a paradigm shift in terms of US East Coast-India flying. While the previous standard called for onestop flying, the current standard calls for nonstops. Frankly, it does not matter how new 9W's aircraft are, its US-India service will not be competitive with CO, DL, and AA until it offers an India-USA nonstop.

I don't think that's true.

For one, many American travellers are beholden to their Frequent Flyer programs. If you're flying from LA or SFO or DFW or IAD, what is the advantage of taking a one-stop via ORD, JFK or EWR on AA, DL or CO to India, if you can take a one-stop via FRA or VIE (on LH or OS) or through LHR on BA? And for those who fly upfront, the standard on BA far surpasses any of the US carriers, so the one-stops are still viable choices. If 9W can offer a standard of service that both Indian and US business travellers value over the nonstops, it doesn't have to worry anytime soon.
Atheism is Myth Understood.

aseem

Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:47 pm

couple of quick comments!!

Delhi-Dusseldorf-Toronto: Why not via Munich?? What is there in Dusseldorf, or am I missing anything. Why two flights from Delhi to Toronto when AI and AC already do without aircraft change. Won't Mumbai-Dusseldorf/Munich-Toronto be a better option. They are leaving Toronto-Mumbai open to AC.

Delhi-Hong Kong-Toronto: My My this is a killer. Toronto is all about Desis and Chinese and if they play their cards well they can contemplate "double-daily". Plus Delhi-Hong Kong crowd. All they need is tie up with carriers for other cities on west coast.

Mumbai-Shanghai-San Francisco is another icing on the cake.

Seriously, I wish the concerned bilateral are liberalized and they are able to realize their dreams.

rgds

VT-ASJ
ala re ala, VT-ALA ala

sunandan
Crew

Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:00 pm

Quoting Aseem (Reply 24):
Delhi-Dusseldorf-Toronto: Why not via Munich??

From my knowledge, Dusseldorf is the industrial heart of Germany, also known as the Ruhr region. Other industrial cities in the area include Cologne and Dortmund. Would make sense for Jet to cater to this area.

SS
You can either work for a living, or you can fly airplanes. I'd rather fly!

jacobin777

Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:00 pm

Quoting Planetime (Reply 22):

Why two flights to YYZ instead of NYC or SFO? I would imagine those are bigger markets anyway.

Hi Planetime..... Smile

YYZ has a huge Indian population, but I agree...a carrier which flies SFO/SJC-India is going to clean up house!
"Up the Irons!"

manny

Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:38 pm

I doubt they can fly 2 daily flights to YYZ.

I hope someone can confirm this. But i was under the impression that the revised India-Canada bilateral agreement allows airlines to operate a maximum of 14 flights a week to any single point in either India or Canada.

If thats true, that would mean airlines from India cannot operate more than 2 flights a day to YYZ. Since AI already had a 6 days per week DEL-ATQ-BHX-YYZ service in place, that leaves only a maximum of 8 potential flights that can be flown to YYZ by 9W. Thats assuming AI does not have its sight set on these slots. And not having daily routing through same intermediate point(DUS or HKG) might be impractical for attracting strong 5th freedom traffic. So i would be surprised to see 2 flights by 9W to YYZ.

panamair

Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:45 pm

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 23):
And for those who fly upfront, the standard on BA far surpasses any of the US carriers, so the one-stops are still viable choices

You have to go through LHR - with those rickety connecting buses and the Flight Connection Centre - enough said; those factors easily negate any potential benefits of a Club World or First seat/food. The majority of people would rather get to their destination quicker than lounge around on a metal tube for a few hours longer no matter how superb the service is (perceived or real). I will grant you that some people will prefer a stop so as to break the journey but very few are going to extend their journey simply because of airline service...

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 14):
A one-stop to BOM on Jet is preferable than a non-stop on Delta.

Ha! Tell that to the thousands who have flown DL16 JFK-BOM since the inaugural- I'm sure that's why the flight has been averaging an 85-90% LF the first eleven days. Or to the thousands who have frequented CO's EWR-DEL or AA's ORD-DEL since the start....

DIJKKIJK

Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:57 pm

Quoting Sunandan (Reply 25):
Delhi-Dusseldorf-Toronto: Why not via Munich??

From my knowledge, Dusseldorf is the industrial heart of Germany, also known as the Ruhr region. Other industrial cities in the area include Cologne and Dortmund. Would make sense for Jet to cater to this area.

more like Dusseldorf is cheaper to operate to, and better slots are available there.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

Gr8Circle

Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:09 am

Quoting Manny (Reply 27):
So i would be surprised to see 2 flights by 9W to YYZ.

Where does it say in these news reports, that 9W will operate daily to YYZ via HKG and DUS each....it will probably end up being 3x on both the routes, adding up to 6 times a week to YYZ.....

Gr8Circle

Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:14 am

couple of quick comments!!

Delhi-Dusseldorf-Toronto: Why not via Munich?? What is there in Dusseldorf, or am I missing anything. Why two flights from Delhi to Toronto when AI and AC already do without aircraft change. Won't Mumbai-Dusseldorf/Munich-Toronto be a better option. They are leaving Toronto-Mumbai open to AC.

Delhi-Hong Kong-Toronto: My My this is a killer. Toronto is all about Desis and Chinese and if they play their cards well they can contemplate "double-daily". Plus Delhi-Hong Kong crowd. All they need is tie up with carriers for other cities on west coast.

Do you think they will provide competitive connections on 9W domestic flights from DEL to BOM, to capture some of the YYZ-BOM traffic? That would be a nice route to fly.... smile 

Scorpio

Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:23 am

Quoting Manny (Reply 20):
You are speculating that he knows something more that he is saying.

Um, no I'm not. If he was there and he ALLOWED the PM to say the route would go to EWR, it's only normal that that is indeed what will happen. The Prime Minister would have been just as happy to announce a BOM-BRU flights, as it would have given just as much publicity.

Verhofstadt announced this by the grace of Goyal.

BTW, Dutch website Luchtvaartnieuws reported today that 9W expects to receive all the necessary licences within the next few weeks.

aseem

Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:38 am

Quoting Gr8Circle (Reply 31):
Do you think they will provide competitive connections on 9W domestic flights from DEL to BOM, to capture some of the YYZ-BOM traffic? That would be a nice route to fly....

I am sure they'll time it that way, but then you don't have to take 9W to DEL to fly them domestic to BOM.
On the lighter side, why can't Gujju lobby demand something like BOM-AMD-MAN-YYZ  rotfl 
rgds
VT-ASJ
ala re ala, VT-ALA ala

mk777

Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:56 am

It would be nice to see 9W at IAD. They could do one or two of these routes depending on aircraft availability.

DEL-FCO-IAD
DEL-MXP-IAD
DEL-MAD-IAD
DEL-BCN-IAD

I am sure 9W would like to make italy and/or spain one of its destination especially during the peak summer time.

What do you guys think?
come fly with me

Gr8Circle

Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:30 am

Quoting Aseem (Reply 33):
I am sure they'll time it that way, but then you don't have to take 9W to DEL to fly them domestic to BOM.
On the lighter side, why can't Gujju lobby demand something like BOM-AMD-MAN-YYZ

Hey Aseem, stop rolling around like that!!! I'm just a typical a.nutter, looking at the possibility of a looooooong flight to enjoy..... smile 

airbusfanyyz

Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:48 am

Quoting Flying Belgian (Thread starter):
Why 9W hasn't chosen to fly direct BOM-EWR ? Isn't that in a 77W's range ?

Might be the same solution PIA is utilizing for it's 772LRs which aren't flying non-stop to the US from Pakistan but rather stopping in Europe to satisfy US authorities.

I would go out on a limb and estimate that there are more South Asians in Greater Toronto than just about anywhere else in North America with the exception of the NYC area.

Cheers,
Kaz

Gr8Circle

Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:55 am

Quoting AirbusfanYYZ (Reply 36):
Might be the same solution PIA is utilizing for it's 772LRs which aren't flying non-stop to the US from Pakistan but rather stopping in Europe to satisfy US authorities.

Well, Indian carriers are distinct from carriers of the neighboring country and would not be subject to such security requirements.....

[Edited 2006-11-13 18:56:34]

manny

Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:37 am

Quoting Manny (Reply 27):
I doubt they can fly 2 daily flights to YYZ.

And not having daily routing through same intermediate point(DUS or HKG) might be impractical for attracting strong 5th freedom traffic. So i would be surprised to see 2 flights by 9W to YYZ.

Quoting Gr8Circle (Reply 30):
Where does it say in these news reports, that 9W will operate daily to YYZ via HKG and DUS each....it will probably end up being 3x on both the routes, adding up to 6 times a week to YYZ.....

It does not. Nor am i implying that the article does.
Operating 3 times a week through an intermediate point will not be end up attracting strong 5th freedom traffic. And even though the 77W can fly nonstop to YYZ from DEL or BOM, if an airline is going through an intermediate point you can be sure that 5th freedom rights are big part of the reason why. I do not see them operating 3x on both routes.

Since they cannot operate 2 daily flights to YYZ due to bilateral restrictions, i see them operating 1 daily flight through either (HKG or DUS).

manny

Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:47 am

Quoting Scorpio (Reply 32):
If he was there and he ALLOWED the PM to say the route would go to EWR, it's only normal that that is indeed what will happen. The Prime Minister would have been just as happy to announce a BOM-BRU flights, as it would have given just as much publicity.
Verhofstadt announced this by the grace of Goyal.

When a sentence starts with "IF", essentially whatever follows after that is hypothetical or speculation. Plus you make the PM of Belgium sound like Goyal's lap dog. I do not believe that to be the case.

Quoting Scorpio (Reply 32):
BTW, Dutch website Luchtvaartnieuws reported today that 9W expects to receive all the necessary licences within the next few weeks.

Any links in English ?

Scorpio

Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:11 am

Quoting Manny (Reply 39):
When a sentence starts with "IF", essentially whatever follows after that is hypothetical or speculation.

Yeah sure Are we going to make this into a bitchfight over semantics? Fine. I'll rephrase the sentence:

"He was there and he ALLOWED the PM to say the route would go to EWR, so it's only normal that that is indeed what will happen."

There. "If" gone.

Quoting Manny (Reply 39):
Plus you make the PM of Belgium sound like Goyal's lap dog. I do not believe that to be the case.

When it comes to this, you bet that IS the case.

AI

Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:42 am

Quoting Aseem (Reply 33):
On the lighter side, why can't Gujju lobby demand something like BOM-AMD-MAN-YYZ

or better still YYZ-MAN-BOM-AMD
(i regularly travel MAN-BOM & would love a nonstop between the two).
unlike some sceptics here i firmly remain convinced that MAN-BOM can work.

AI.

kiramakora

Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:05 am

Quoting Floris (Reply 16):
If they ever get permission to fly to the US, which I think is hightly unlikely, then it is safe to say that they will have to kill the BRU stop in the very near future if they want to be competitive.

Quoting OA412 (Reply 19):
Frankly, it does not matter how new 9W's aircraft are, its US-India service will not be competitive with CO, DL, and AA until it offers an India-USA nonstop.

I disagree. I think 9Ws product is far superior than anything offered on any U.S. airline and this would win them significant more customers. Passengers will be willing to do a one-stop via Europe instead of a non-stop; remember, this is the same aircraft continuing and so the stop will not be that long and time saved will not be hugely significant.

In my opinion, the reason U.S. carriers will have an edge is due to excellent connecting traffic opportunities and the presence of global airline alliances which enables better FF ability. If 9W can manage to join an alliance, this too would be allayed.

panamair

Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:39 am

Quoting Kiramakora (Reply 42):
I disagree. I think 9Ws product is far superior than anything offered on any U.S. airline and this would win them significant more customers. Passengers will be willing to do a one-stop via Europe instead of a non-stop; remember, this is the same aircraft continuing and so the stop will not be that long and time saved will not be hugely significant.

While I don't doubt that 9W will be able to fill its planes, it will be because of other factors such as price, an expanding India-US market, etc., and not solely because of service. Some people will prefer one-stop so that they can stretch their legs but most are not going to want it just because of superior service (unless of course DL, CO, and AA are so bad - which last I checked, they are not).
As for the stop, even with the same aircraft, it is still a pain. Look at AI's JFK-LHR-BOM service (AI102) - same plane one-stop service. The ground time at LHR is still 2 hours and IIRC, all passengers have to disembark and schlep their stuff through LHR Terminal 3 security again just to get back to their gate and reboard the aircraft. While I don't know how BRU will handle such matters, it would most likely require a security screening as well before transit pax. can reboard the plane, given the security issues these days, especially with respect to flights to the U.S. The nonstop DL JFk-BOM flight is 2.5 hours shorter each way than the AI one-stop flight. I am not sure that you will find a significant number of people who will rather spend an extra 2.5 hours in transit just because of somewhat superior service.

Also remember that many travelers originate at places in the U.S. other than these gateway cities. It will only be a one-stop flight for many of them if they went via AA, CO, or DL whereas it will be two stops with 9W.

blrsea

Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:18 am

9W or any Indian carrier for that matter won't be able to make a big dent in the established carriers like LH/BA/SQ/AF's business to USA simply because they lack the connectivity these airlines can afford. For people travelling from BLR/HYD/MAA to other cities in US like SFO/LAX/SEA/DET/DFW/HOU/ORD etc, the other airlines offer a one stop service. Given a choice, not many Indians would like to have a transit stop within India!

And 9W will be operating their flights through BOM/DEL. I would rather stick with the grumpy LH flight operating BLR-FRA-JFK than fly BLR-BOM-BRU-EWR !! The only way that Indian carriers can make a dent is if they tie up with one of the global alliances so that they can offer the same connectivity that other carriers do. And they have to reach out to the desi travel agents abroad and push their carriers.

Gr8Circle

Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:21 am

Quoting Manny (Reply 38):
Since they cannot operate 2 daily flights to YYZ due to bilateral restrictions, i see them operating 1 daily flight through either (HKG or DUS).

Uhh....that's exactly what I am saying buddy.....that they will operate maybe 6 or 7 flights a week alternately via HKG and BRU.....

mk777

Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:22 am

I think 9W should offer non stop service to stay competitive as i feel US-India routes in the near future will all be non-stop atleast from all major US hubs like

JFK, EWR, ORD, ATL, SFO, LAX, IAH, IAD, SEA, DTW and BOS

Maybe even MCO during summer season for Disney world fans in India.
come fly with me

airbusfanyyz

Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:37 am

Quoting Mk777 (Reply 46):
I think 9W should offer non stop service to stay competitive as i feel US-India routes in the near future will all be non-stop atleast from all major US hubs like

JFK, EWR, ORD, ATL, SFO, LAX, IAH, IAD, SEA, DTW and BOS

Maybe even MCO during summer season for Disney world fans in India.

Not much chance of ATL, SEA, DTW, BOS, or MCO in the near future.

Cheers,
Kaz

aseem

Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:00 am

Quoting AirbusfanYYZ (Reply 47):

SEA will suffer because of YVR, DTW bcoz of YYZ and BOS of JFK/EWR. For folks living in these places, European carriers are the best option.
rgds
VT-ASJ
ala re ala, VT-ALA ala

OA412
Crew

Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:39 am

For one, many American travellers are beholden to their Frequent Flyer programs. If you're flying from LA or SFO or DFW or IAD, what is the advantage of taking a one-stop via ORD, JFK or EWR on AA, DL or CO to India, if you can take a one-stop via FRA or VIE (on LH or OS) or through LHR on BA?

I think you answered your own question there. Passengers in those cities who are beholden to CO's, DL's, or AA's FF programs are fairly likely to fly those carriers all the way to India irrespective of the availability of one-stop's via Europe.

And for those who fly upfront, the standard on BA far surpasses any of the US carriers, so the one-stops are still viable choices. If 9W can offer a standard of service that both Indian and US business travellers value over the nonstops, it doesn't have to worry anytime soon.

I agree with Panamair here. I don't think that any service advantage is enough for many people to justify losing time with a one-stop vs. a nonstop.

Quoting AirbusfanYYZ (Reply 47):

Actually ATL-India nonstop is very likely on DL once they have enough aircraft capable of flying the route, be it additional 777LR's or 787's.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos