dmanmtl

United Lounge At JFK And Other Questions...

Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:29 am

I am flying JFK-> SFO this wednesday evening in PS Biz class and was wondering if anytone can tell me about the lounge at JFK. Is it worth a visit? How does it compare to the AC Maple LEaf lounges (which I find to be very nice).

Also - do these planes have 2 or 3 classes (757) - I have heard that some have 2 classes and some have 3. IS there onboard video or is it simly DVD players they hand out...What about notebook power on the plane...AC or Empower (the most ridiculous thing I have ever experienced).

Thanks in advance - I like to be as prepared as possible in order to make the most out of my journey.

D In Mtl...

COERJ145

RE: United Lounge At JFK And Other Questions...

Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:42 am

Quoting Dmanmtl (Thread starter):
Also - do these planes have 2 or 3 classes (757) - I have heard that some have 2 classes and some have 3. IS there onboard video or is it simly DVD players they hand out...What about notebook power on the plane...AC or Empower (the most ridiculous thing I have ever experienced).

There are 3 classes aboard(Coach, Buisness and First), the power ports are AC 110V standard. Video is just a handheld DVD player with a choice of 10 movies. There are also Noise Reduction headseats. Have a nice flight!  Smile http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Uni...ted_Airlines_Boeing_757-200_PS.php

[Edited 2006-11-13 02:44:01]

Bicoastal

Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:00 am

Airliners.net has many forums. It has spell check and search functions. Use them before posting!

N1120A

Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:03 am

Quoting Dmanmtl (Thread starter):

All SFO/LAX-JFK flights on United are 3 class and have 110v AC plugs, but you will likely need a 3 prong to 2 prong adaptor, which they may well have on board.

As far as the RCC goes, the JFK club is good considering that it is basically an outstation club, but it may be the one they are closing for a short time for refurbishment.
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

LAXintl

Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:20 am

The JFK RCC was due to be closed for refurbishments this past week, and actually re-opening today according to an email I have from a couple weeks back.

Hopefully their work went according to plan. In general the JFK club was not much to write home about particularly compared to many Maple Leaf Lounges.

That being said, you'll have to tell us all about your impression of the facility especially if it received a maker over.

As far as the p.s. product in general, I have nothing but praise for it. United definately hit a home run with its bold move to create this niche product.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

N1120A

Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:24 am

Quoting Laxintl (Reply 4):
As far as the p.s. product in general, I have nothing but praise for it. United definately hit a home run with its bold move to create this niche product.

Unfortunately, the United Economy product is no longer really a premium.

LAXintl

Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:31 am

Quoting N1120A (Reply 5):
Unfortunately, the United Economy product is no longer really a premium.

Still beats the AA Less Room Throughout Coach product, along with better BOB options.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

N1120A

Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:10 pm

Quoting Laxintl (Reply 6):
Still beats the AA Less Room Throughout Coach product, along with better BOB options.

It isn't as good as a regular 757, where I get to pre-select 9A. Also, the new Trader Vic's BOB isn't as good as the older stuff, and BOB doesn't really create product differentiation, no matter how good the Rightbite box is.