N670UW
Topic Author

US Airways Adds Additional PIT-FLL/RSW For Winter

Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:30 pm

It appears US Airways is adding some Pittsburgh-Florida capacity for the winter.

Starting December 14, US adds a third daily PIT-FLL frequency. The third FLL-PIT, however, doesn't begin until December 21. Initially starting with one A319, one A321, and one 737-400.

The route becomes three 737-400's on January 7.

Also, starting December 21, US Airways is adding a second PIT-RSW frequency. Both flights will be with A319's.

As previously mentioned on this forum, daily PIT-MIA resumes from January 6 with a 737-300.

It appears the additional frequencies are only for late December and January. They don't appear in the schedules starting in February.

panam330

RE: US Airways Adds Additional PIT-FLL/RSW For Winter

Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:45 pm

Quoting N670UW (Thread starter):
It appears the additional frequencies are only for late December and January. They don't appear in the schedules starting in February.

A tad odd, don't you think? Especially with the Spring Break crowds starting in late February / early March. Hope they get added for that time period as well, but if not, at least US is expanding PIT, albeit only a little.

CentPIT

Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:43 am

Quoting N670UW (Thread starter):
Also, starting December 21, US Airways is adding a second PIT-RSW frequency. Both flights will be with A319's.

I am very surprised/excited to hear about PIT-RSW getting a second daily flight for a few months. I wish US Airways the best of luck on these routes!
Pittsburgh International: US Airways---160 daily departures! (52 destinations)

atct

Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:19 am

I wish US wouldve had these PIT-RSW flights before. I frankly was used to flying USA3000 and rather enjoy that airline.

Wonder why they didnt start sooner to pick up the snowbird crowd???

ATCT
Trikes are for kids!

CentPIT

Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:50 am

Quoting ATCT (Reply 3):
I wish US wouldve had these PIT-RSW flights before.

They have always had at least 1 daily flight from PIT-RSW? I am not sure what your question is?
Pittsburgh International: US Airways---160 daily departures! (52 destinations)

steeler83

Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:09 am

Quoting PanAm330 (Reply 1):
with the Spring Break crowds starting in late February / early March. Hope they get added for that time period as well, but if not, at least US is expanding PIT, albeit only a little.

It would be nice to see this service last even after that time ends, long after at that... Will it happen, or could it happen?
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

USPIT10L

Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:57 pm

Quoting PanAm330 (Reply 1):
A tad odd, don't you think? Especially with the Spring Break crowds starting in late February / early March. Hope they get added for that time period as well, but if not, at least US is expanding PIT, albeit only a little.

Actually, I think PIT-RSW was a low-yield nightmare for them for years. The two daily flights they always had were routinely oversold (why else would you have to book six months in advance to get a seat) and it was a low-yielding route for them always. Just a semi-educated guess based on the acres of Florida bags I loaded at DL over the last two winters--DL has the same problems with every Northeast-ATL-Florida segment, IIRC.
It's a Great Day for Hockey!