asgeirs

KLM To Iceland?

Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:21 am

Hi all!

I just came across the ad seen below on an Icelandic website. This seems to suggest that KLM is planning to start flying to Iceland - at least I would consider that the most logical explanation although I haven't heard anything about such plans before.

Maybe they decided to follow in the footsteps of British Airways which started a LGW-KEF flight last spring which can only be booked though the internet (using Iceland as a sort of a lab rat for such sales because of the nations high internet accessibility).

The text would translate as:
- frame 1: The shortest way to where you want to go lies through klmiceland.is
- frame 2: Save money and book the fare through klmiceland.is

Clicking the ad or opening up klmiceland.is leads to http://www.klm.com/travel/is_en/index_default.html

What I find strange though, is that I can't seem to find any flights to Iceland through this site.  Confused

Anyone heard something about this?

Rgds,
Asgeir
Reykjavik Aviation Photography - Just bring the aircraft to us and we'll photograph them! :-)

JBLUA320

RE: KLM To Iceland?

Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:25 pm

Hello there! The flights are code-share with Icelandair and connect onto KLM flights.

Hope that helps!

JBLU

asgeirs

Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:00 pm

Thanks JBLU - that could also be a logical explanation  Smile

Strange though that this hasn't been mentioned anywhere in the media here. I haven't seen this ad anywhere but this one website and certainly not in any newspaper.

Their booking webpage doesn't seem to be entering a useful state, not matter what I try, it always displays this message: "Sorry, unable to calculate the price of this trip. Please call the KLM service centre for further assistance."

Asgeir
Reykjavik Aviation Photography - Just bring the aircraft to us and we'll photograph them! :-)

UpperDeck79

Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:22 pm

Quoting Asgeirs (Reply 2):
Their booking webpage doesn't seem to be entering a useful state, not matter what I try, it always displays this message: "Sorry, unable to calculate the price of this trip. Please call the KLM service centre for further assistance."

I seem to get a quote on a price:

Reykjavik (Keflavik) to Madrid
Departure/Arrival 07:55 Fri 8 Jun 2007 20:20 Fri 8 Jun 2007
Via Amsterdam (Schiphol)

Return
From Madrid to Reykjavik (Keflavik)
Departure/Arrival 10:40 Thu 21 Jun 2007 15:10 Thu 21 Jun 2007
Via Amsterdam (Schiphol)

Recalculate Price
Total Ticket price ISK 58.400,00
Total including tax(es) ISK 70.530,00
AY and ANA rock!

asgeirs

Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:17 am

Thanks UpperDeck79!

I managed to get the same qoute as you by selecting the same destination and dates. It seems that the webpage is just not doing a very good job showing which dates it is possible to fly on and which not.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos