asgeirs

KLM To Iceland?

Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:21 am

Hi all!

I just came across the ad seen below on an Icelandic website. This seems to suggest that KLM is planning to start flying to Iceland - at least I would consider that the most logical explanation although I haven't heard anything about such plans before.

Maybe they decided to follow in the footsteps of British Airways which started a LGW-KEF flight last spring which can only be booked though the internet (using Iceland as a sort of a lab rat for such sales because of the nations high internet accessibility).

The text would translate as:
- frame 1: The shortest way to where you want to go lies through klmiceland.is
- frame 2: Save money and book the fare through klmiceland.is

Clicking the ad or opening up klmiceland.is leads to http://www.klm.com/travel/is_en/index_default.html

What I find strange though, is that I can't seem to find any flights to Iceland through this site.  Confused

Anyone heard something about this?

Rgds,
Asgeir
Reykjavik Aviation Photography - Just bring the aircraft to us and we'll photograph them! :-)

JBLUA320

RE: KLM To Iceland?

Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:25 pm

Hello there! The flights are code-share with Icelandair and connect onto KLM flights.

Hope that helps!

JBLU

asgeirs

Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:00 pm

Thanks JBLU - that could also be a logical explanation  Smile

Strange though that this hasn't been mentioned anywhere in the media here. I haven't seen this ad anywhere but this one website and certainly not in any newspaper.

Their booking webpage doesn't seem to be entering a useful state, not matter what I try, it always displays this message: "Sorry, unable to calculate the price of this trip. Please call the KLM service centre for further assistance."

Asgeir
Reykjavik Aviation Photography - Just bring the aircraft to us and we'll photograph them! :-)

UpperDeck79

Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:22 pm

Quoting Asgeirs (Reply 2):
Their booking webpage doesn't seem to be entering a useful state, not matter what I try, it always displays this message: "Sorry, unable to calculate the price of this trip. Please call the KLM service centre for further assistance."

I seem to get a quote on a price:

Reykjavik (Keflavik) to Madrid
Departure/Arrival 07:55 Fri 8 Jun 2007 20:20 Fri 8 Jun 2007
Via Amsterdam (Schiphol)

Return
From Madrid to Reykjavik (Keflavik)
Departure/Arrival 10:40 Thu 21 Jun 2007 15:10 Thu 21 Jun 2007
Via Amsterdam (Schiphol)

Recalculate Price
Total Ticket price ISK 58.400,00
Total including tax(es) ISK 70.530,00
AY and ANA rock!

asgeirs

Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:17 am

Thanks UpperDeck79!

I managed to get the same qoute as you by selecting the same destination and dates. It seems that the webpage is just not doing a very good job showing which dates it is possible to fly on and which not.