leelaw

Mayrhuber: LH "Not In A Hurry" To Decide On 748I

Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:55 pm

Lufthansa Airlines, expected to be a pivotal customer for the passenger version of The Boeing Co.'s 747-8 Intercontinental jetliner, may not decide until next year whether to order the plane.

A year after the 747-8 program was started, Boeing still does not have an airline order for the 747-8 Intercontinental, although the freighter version of the jet has sold well.

"We're not in a hurry, and we don't want to put ourselves under pressure in the negotiations," Lufthansa Chief Executive Wolfgang Mayrhuber said in an interview Monday with Bloomberg News. "We certainly won't make a decision in November and probably not in December, either."

Boeing executives had been saying earlier this year that they expected to have that initial order for the 747-8 Intercontinental by the end of this year. But two weeks ago, during a briefing for reporters on the 747-8 program, a Boeing executive said he was no longer confident of that first airline order for the big passenger plane this year...

...A couple of months ago, Lufthansa executives had said they would decide on that long-haul jet order before the end of this year...

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/292236_boeingorders14.htmli
Lex Ancilla Justitiae

PanHAM

RE: Mayrhuber: LH "Not In A Hurry" To Decide On 748I

Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:05 pm

what a surprise. Boeing hasn't come up with a final design, will there be one lenght version or two, what will be the empty weight after some parts may be from material xx to composite? Why should an airline decide before design freeze?