CO767
Topic Author

CO And Its AMS Route?

Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:13 am

Howdy,

I know CO and its European routes have been discussed many times, but I could not find anything about AMS.

Is Continental very profitable on its IAH-AMS Route? CO flies 764s every day from IAH and 762s three days a week (mostly around the weekend). But every time I look at CO's seat maps for upcoming flights, the aircraft always seem half-full. So why put another 762 on that route? Could it just be the low-season?

ALSO, I am flying IAH to AMS (CO46) on November 18 (this Saturday) and my flight appears half-full as well. Currently, there is no one sitting next to me (20L, window). Should I expect a fuller flight than the current map is telling me, or will I have plenty of room to stretch out? Thanks!!!

My return flight is CO 59 (762) on November 20th. And sorry if this similar topic was recently posted.

-CO767
-john denman

CALMSP

RE: CO And Its AMS Route?

Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:30 am

coach may be light, but J class is typically full, as well as underneath. we fill the 764 up with 35 first class pax, and a full belly of cargo and we're sitting pretty good.

Pbb152

Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:43 am

I just checked the bookings on COAIR.com for CO46 on 11/18, and it will be much more than half full. I can't disclose exact totals, but J class is almost sold out, and Y is as well. I would expect that by Saturday their will be very few empty seats.

flyboy_se

Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:57 am

Not all passengers choose their seat when they buy their ticket.
It is very hard to tell how full a flight is by the number of seats left to choose from online. Most of the seats are allocated at check in.
I prefer to be crazy and happy rather than normal and bitter

ramerinianair

Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:30 am

AMS is a huge connecting point for CO international pax. CO's agreement with KL allows them to funnell pax into AMS and then continue onward with AF/KL.
SR
W N = my Worst Nightmare!!!!!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos