tooluther

Myrtle Beach Direct Air & Tours

Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:23 am

Does anyone have any insider info on this airline? According to what is in the papers, it sounds like a pretty good plan. Then again, so did Hooters air on similar routes and similar time tables.

Also, where are they going to park at PIT?

srbmod

RE: Myrtle Beach Direct Air & Tours

Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:51 am

The flights will be operated by Sky King, using the 737-200 (I love how their website shows a later series 737 in a Myrtle Beach Direct Air livery.).

http://myrtlebeachdirectair.com/

Let's just say the folks involved in this project have a trail of defunct airlines they've been involved in like SunJet, Myrtle Beach Jet Express, Carnival Airlines, Kiwi International, Nations Air, Transmeridian, and Hooters Air.

This sounds like another Lehigh Valley Air or Interstate Jet to me.

B757capt

Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:56 am

Quoting Srbmod (Reply 1):

Quoting Tooluther (Thread starter):

The president is Judy Tull ex V.P from Hooters Air.
The views written by this user are in no manner the views of my employer and should not be thought as such.

EMBQA

Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:15 am

Let's just say the folks involved in this project have a trail of defunct airlines they've been involved in like SunJet, Myrtle Beach Jet Express, Carnival Airlines, Kiwi International, Nations Air, Transmeridian, and Hooters Air.

Air South...
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

WDBRR

Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:02 am

Kiwi International and Carnival Airlines were not public charters. I believe the others operated as public charters.

B757capt

Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:04 pm

Quoting EMBQA (Reply 3):

Yep say hello to Judy Tull all over again.
The views written by this user are in no manner the views of my employer and should not be thought as such.

srbmod

Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:51 am

Quoting WDBRR (Reply 4):
Kiwi International and Carnival Airlines were not public charters. I believe the others operated as public charters.

What does that have to do with my post? Most of the folks involved in this "airline" were involved with airlines that are now defunct, some of those carriers were scheduled airlines, some were charter airlines.

flyibaby

Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:38 am

I don't see any "scheduled charters" working ever out of MYR. In fact, I can't really name any scheduled charters that have truely worked. (Some may try and say Allegiant, but they are a scheduled 121 carrier..just for anyone with a quick wit.) Aside from that though, if an airline with the backing of a cash rich company like Hooters can't make it, I don't see an airline with a group of yahoos being able to pull it off.

Humberside

Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:18 am

Great news for Niagara Falls airport - they will be thir only airline - though how long they will have them for is a bit unknown  Wink

http://www.niagarafallsairport.com/
Visit the Air Humberside Website and Forum