jambo

Emirates To Expand Further Into Africa?

Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:49 pm

Hi there.
Hellow from Africa....

Now that Emirates has really a good grip in Africa.... They are supposed to start Harare soon..

Do anyone in here think or have any ideas about Emirates expanding further into Africa and opening routes by end 2007....destinations like Maputo, Lilongwe, Lusaka, Blantyre, Luanda, Mombasa, Kilimanjaro, Zanzibar, Gaberone, Windhoek, Kigali, Kinshasa???

I am sure these destinations can support 4x weekly operations for a start.
Some might require to be in a triangle route basis like: DXB/ZNZ/JRO/DXB but the are viable routes...
Emirates are sure to fill up their seats by bringing in tourists to these destinations mostly from places like china, singapore, Europe, India via Dubai..?

What do you guys think??

Yep,,, It will ofcourse have a very big effect on carrier like KQ, ET and SA....mostly KQ...

SA7700

RE: Emirates To Expand Further Into Africa?

Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:09 pm

IMHO it would be suicide for EK to start flights to HRE. There are severe fuel shortages and the inflation rate are in the region of 1023%. People barely have money for the most basic necessities, let alone airplane tickets...

Rgds

SA7700
When you are doing stuff that nobody has done before, there is no manual – Kevin McCloud (Grand Designs)

EurostarVA

Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:18 pm

Of couse EK will in time expand into more markets in Africa, the problem now is as always, LACK OF AIRCRAFT
If there is a will, there is a way

HB-IWC

Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:28 pm

Further expansion in Africa is certainly in the cards for Emirates, and Libreville, Kinshasa and Dakar are definitely on the list of destinations being considered. I would also presume that EK, like many other airlines, would like to operate into Angola given the strong premium market and yields on flights to and from Luanda, but I presume the airline might have an equally hard time as so many others to get the rights to do so.

TurkishSky

Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:38 pm

CPT should be top of the list
Flown 4I 9U AA AB AF AZ BA BD BR CA CU CX EI FR HV JK JP JU KK KL KM LH LX MA ME MS NG OA OK QR OS RJ RO SA SK SQ SR SU

HB-IWC

Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:43 pm

Quoting TurkishSky (Reply 4):

I believe there are issues with the bilateral air services agreement between the United Arab Emirates and South Africa which preclude EK from starting additional flights between the two countries, so that should be sorted out first.

SA7700

Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:06 pm

Quoting SA7700 (Reply 1):
inflation rate are in the region of 1023%

Please forgive my grammar.  embarrassed 

Rgds

SA7700
When you are doing stuff that nobody has done before, there is no manual – Kevin McCloud (Grand Designs)

AT502B

Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:23 pm

Quoting TurkishSky (Reply 4):

I agree with this entirely.

I think Maputo and Lusaka would be great destinations with the booming tourist markets in each of these countries, as well as the rapidly growing economies. These two locations would do well because NO-ONE wants to go to Zimbabwe (HRE) anymore, and Zambia and Mozambique are welcoming these tourists and businesses with open arms.
I love the smell of jet fuel in the morning.

soups

Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:19 am

FNA, ABV, KAN and DLA are posibilities
Next destinations, Suarabaya, beirut, paris, Accra

dutchjet

Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:27 am

More services to more African cities will be added by EK in the future, its part of EK's strategy to develop into a world carrier. Africa is a key market for EK for several reasons, including (1) limited service to many cities and, in many cases, African flag carriers offer limited or poor service leave EK with a huge untapped market, (2) highyeilds - you would be surprised at just how high fares are to many African destinations (no $199 roundtrips here) and there is good biz class demand among ex-pats, biz travellers and governmental officials, and (3) geography - EK will be the fastest way in many cases on routes between Africa and the MidEast, Gulf, India and Asia with one connex in Dubai. In many cases, pax now must go thousands of miles out of the way and connect in European capitals and deal with less than ideal schedules.

As EK accepts new airplanes, look for the new 773/A380s to dominate on EK's current network.......and look for the A332s/A343s to open many routes to Africa. Look for EK to take advantage of this growing and lucrative market.

swissgabe

Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:55 am

Quoting SA7700 (Reply 1):
IMHO it would be suicide for EK to start flights to HRE. There are severe fuel shortages and the inflation rate are in the region of 1023%. People barely have money for the most basic necessities, let alone airplane tickets...

Speaking only of the fuel shortage, they would have to operate a flight into HRE with a triangular option and refuel at another intermediate point. However, I don't see EK flying into HRE at all as Air Zim didn't have really great load factors on its HRE-DXB flights.
Smooth as silk - Royal Orchid Service /// Suid-Afrikaanse Lugdiens - Springbok

zizou

Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:00 pm

How about the Congo. The country is slowly getting back on its feet and there was a good article a few weeks back in Fortune about how investors etc were starting to look into Congo

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos