Ryanair!!!
Topic Author

The End Of Spotting In Changi

Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 pm

Since I work at the airport now, I have observed these subtle changes that are slowly but surely putting an end to spotting aircraft...

- Terminal 2's new public viewing gallery is not really one as it looks down into airside. Not ideal for photo taking.

- Terminal 1 just lost the viewing gallery that is parallel to Rwy 02R/20L. Now they are either building some more offices or something but it is blocked off. So only ONE viewing gallery that looks into the tarmac between D and C concourse now exists.

- Double fencing is going up around the perimeter of the airport so no more poking of lenses through the airport fence.

Sad day for me...
Welcome to my starry one world alliance, a team in the sky!

Lucky42

RE: The End Of Spotting In Changi

Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:53 pm

Unfortunately thanks to the wonderful terrorists these days spotting is becoming a thing of the past...I feel sorry for the young aviation enthusiasts today. Unless you have a ticket is is very hard to get anyone past security without some kind of pass unlike when I was a kid and used to go down on my own to get a better look at airplanes when my parents were picking someone up at the airport. Obviously this was a time you could let your kid go somewhere alone without too much concern..The world might be more technological but it is not better not by a long shot.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos