hardiwv

Italy To Northeast Brazil: 11 Weekly Charters

Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:32 am

Southern Hemisphere Summer is approaching and Italy-Northeast Brazil will have a record number of weekly charter flights: 11 weekly!

This week new announcements from Air Italy FCO-FOR-NAT weekly B757 and VRN-APY-FOR weekly B757 and Air Europa MXP-FOR-NAT weekly B763.

This will increase the number of destinations served by Italian charters in Northeast Brazil from 6 to 7: APY (Parnaiba) will receive service for the first time, in addition to SSA, FOR, NAT, REC, MCZ, and BPS.

These are the Charter operators:

- BPS, PORTO SEGURO - Livingston
- SSA, SALVADOR - Livingston, Blue Panorama Airlines e Neos Airlines
- MCZ, MACEIO - Livingston e Blue Panorama Airlines
- REC, RECIFE - Livingston
- NAT, NATAL - Blue Panorama Airlines, Air Italy e Air Europe
- FOR, FORTALEZA - Livingston, Neos Airlines, Air Italy e Air Europe
- APY, PARNAIBA - Air Italy

11 weekly flights, making Brazil the number 2 long-haul charter destination from Italy after Cuba.

Buon viaggio!

Rgs,

LXM83

RE: Italy To Northeast Brazil: 11 Weekly Charters

Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:47 am

Impressive number of flights and list of destinations, thanks for sharing.

Just a small correction: According to IATA, the code APY is Alto Parnaiba, Maranhao State, Brazil. The correct IATA code for Parnaiba, Piaui State, Brazil is PHB.

stirling

Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:20 am

Quoting Hardiwv (Thread starter):
This week new announcements from Air Italy FCO-FOR-NAT weekly B757

This flight will be stopping somewhere along the way will it not?
3880nm is a stretch for the 757....at least I thought it was.....
Delete this User

AirSpare

Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:42 am

I have always been surprised TAM hasn't flown similar routes. NAT (Ponta Negra) is full of Italian tourists. I am a strong proponent of some Northeast direct to Europe routes for TAM, I'm sure they'd turn a tidy profit. Germany also. Varig used to fly MIA-REC, it was always loaded, but I think tourism (and maybe some cargo such as shrimp) will be more to Europe then the US.
Get someone else for your hero worship fetish

2travel2know

Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:22 am

No charters to SLZ yet?
I don't work for COPA Airlines!

LipeGIG

Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:45 am

Thanks for sharing Hardi.

Also Hardi, add the only one Brazilian Airline flying charters: BRA will run a weekly service MXP-FOR-NAT-MXP.
All these services shows how the Brazilian Northeast is a strong market for a regular airline. Tap was the first one, Air Europe nowadays runs 5x weekly MAD-SSA (begins as a charter), Air Madrid 4x MAD-FOR, Iberostar MAD-SSA and there are more operators from many other European places.

Quoting AirSpare (Reply 3):
I have always been surprised TAM hasn't flown similar routes. NAT (Ponta Negra) is full of Italian tourists.

Tam focus is on business market. We may see a MIA-NAT service in the future, even weekly.

Quoting 2travel2know (Reply 4):
No charters to SLZ yet?

Not yet, but probably soon!

Felipe
New York + Rio de Janeiro = One of the best combinations !

hardiwv

Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:13 pm

Quoting LXM83 (Reply 1):
Just a small correction: According to IATA, the code APY is Alto Parnaiba, Maranhao State, Brazil. The correct IATA code for Parnaiba, Piaui State, Brazil is PHB.

You are correct, I was refering to PHB (Parnaiba, Piaui State).

Quoting Stirling (Reply 2):
This flight will be stopping somewhere along the way will it not?
3880nm is a stretch for the 757....at least I thought it was.....

Indeed, most certainly it makes a technical stop-over in one of the Spanish Islands, probably TFE. But there are even longer B757 charter services into Northeast Brazil such as Finnair HEL-FOR-NAT and Czech Air PRG-FOR!

I have always been surprised TAM hasn't flown similar routes.

Varig used to fly MIA-REC, it was always loaded

TAM operates a weekly regular REC-CDG A330. TAM also runs SSA-MIA weekly A330 and daily FOR-BEL-MAO-MIA A320. Certainly there is room for more regular services. Usually it is said that charter flights pave the way for regular services.

Quoting LipeGIG (Reply 5):
Also Hardi, add the only one Brazilian Airline flying charters: BRA will run a weekly service MXP-FOR-NAT-MXP.

You are right, Lipe.

All these services shows how the Brazilian Northeast is a strong market for a regular airline. Tap was the first one, Air Europe nowadays runs 5x weekly MAD-SSA (begins as a charter), Air Madrid 4x MAD-FOR, Iberostar MAD-SSA and there are more operators from many other European places.

Agree. TAP now runs regular daily flights to FOR, REC, SSA, and 6 x week NAT. They have certainly carved out an important niche market and I would even said that TAP survival hinged on its Northeast Brazilian market.

In addition to regular 4 x week MAD-FOR, Air Madrid also runs a regular weekly BCN-FOR A333.

and there are more operators from many other European places.

Indeed, Martinair operates twice weekly B763 AMS-FOR, and there are also operators flying AMS-BPS, AMS-NAT and AMS-SSA. There is a multitude of charter operators currently working in Northeast Brazil.

2005/2006 was also a landmark as it represented the return of regular UK charter flights to Northeast Brazil, with First Choice leading the way: LGW-NAT weekly and MAN-SSA weekly.

I must say that numbers for Northeast Brazil look indeed very impressive. If Brazilian authorities decide to eliminate VISA requirement for US citizens I'm sure tourism US-Northeast Barzil would also boom.

Rgs,

hardiwv

Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:41 pm

Overall, charter flights from Italy to Northeast Brazil will look as follows starting December/06 (excluding charters operated by Brazilian airlines such as BRA):

--------------------------

MONDAYs

- Blue Panorama Airlines: MXP-MCZ-SSA-MXP

TUESDAYS

- Livingston: MXP-REC-MXP
- Air Italy: VRN-MHP-FOR-VRN

WEDNESDAYS

- Livingston: MXP-BPS-GIG-MXP

THURSDAYS

- Neos Airlines: MXP-FOR-SSA-MXP

FRIDAYS

- Livingston: MXP-SSA-MCZ-MAP