Tom in NO
Topic Author

MSY Offers New Service Incentives To Airlines

Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:14 am

We had a new airline incentive package approved by our board last week, and we released it today. The provisions as written in the news release:

"1) Airlines will qualify for a $0.75 credit per seat credited toward their Terminal Use Charges for scheduled departing seats over 85 percent of its “pre-Katrina” levels for a 12-month period AND/OR:

2) Airlines will qualify for a waiver of landing fees for service to an airport not currently served from MSY for a period of 12 months.

The objective of the initiative it to encourage airlines to return to “pre-Katrina” levels and to add air service to new airports."

This is a legal incentive in that it is advertised to ALL airlines, and does not direct an airport operator-sponsored subsidy to a particular airline.

Tom at MSY
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina

MSYtristar

RE: MSY Offers New Service Incentives To Airlines

Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:41 am

It's about time that we implemented this. I've been hearing rumors of this but it's good to see it officially announced. Something has to be done to get the airlines which have been slow to respond to beef up service. Also, it'd be nice to see some of our previous carries (F9/YZ/AC/TA) to return. As i've stated so many times...as you have, Tom...our demand far outweighs our supply.

davestanKSAN

RE: MSY Offers New Service Incentives To Airlines

Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:37 pm

Now that's a good idea. Glad to see it being implemented. I hope airlines respond favorably. Big grin

Dave
Yesterday we've sinned, today we move towards God. Touch the sky....love and respect...Safe Star!