8herveg
Topic Author

Which Alliance Is Emirates Closest To?

Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:31 am

Could someone tell me which alliance (OneWorld, SkyTeam or Star) Emirates is closest to and for what reasons?

Is there any chance of them joining one in the near future?

aircanada014

RE: Which Alliance Is Emirates Closest To?

Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:11 pm

I've just been checking the website on Emirates for SA)">FF miles.. they have JL with Oneworld, SA)">UA and SA in Star Alliance and CO, DL and KE in Skyteam..
I don't know if this will help..

As for codesharing looks like they are very close with Star Alliance ( TG, SA and soon to be Air India ) from Skyteam only CO and KE codeshares on Emirates.. JL too only member from Oneworld codeshares.

planemanofnz

Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:02 pm

Most likely they will create an entirely new alliance which will include maybe Aer Lingus.

bill142

Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:24 pm

Quoting Planemanofnz (Reply 2):
Most likely they will create an entirely new alliance which will include maybe Aer Lingus.

Is there really a need for a fourth alliance? Emirates seems to have seen that alliances are just a load of marketing BS and that airlines codeshare regardless of which alliance they are a member of. QF codesharing on AF flights to Paris when Qantas is a One World member and Air France being a member of Skyteam is an example. Then there are all the Star Alliance members which Qantas codeshares with.