Lexy
Topic Author

Why No Mainline CO Service To BNA?

Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:13 am

Hey gang!

My uncle works for Express Jet and he didn't really have an answer, so I thought I would pose this question to some of you who are "in the know" over here. Why does CO not fly a mainline into BNA to their hubs in Newark and/or Houston? They currently have around 17 flights a day and they are all Express Jet E145's. That just seems a bit redundant to me. But who am I? I have heard rumors, and that is all they are, that CO is perhaps going to start mainline back up to here from Houston next year. I hope so because I have flown them a number of times and everytime the jet is packed both coming here and leaving. Seems like mainline would be in order at some point. Currently it's them and United that are represented here by just regional service. Everyone else has mainline flights. Any thoughts???
Nashville, Tennessee KBNA

drerx7

RE: Why No Mainline CO Service To BNA?

Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:48 am

I just came in from IAH to BNA on COex yesterday--the flights that I have been on are hit are miss in terms of load factor; I too wish they would start mainline back up. My guess is that BNA is a prime city to go Dash8 if they do in fact get them since it has more capacity than the ERJs. Otherwise if they go back to mainline you'd probably see something like an evening IAH-BNA 735 with it turning early morning back to IAH. With the 65 ERJs leaving things may change a little bit.
Third Coast born, means I'm Texas raised

Lexy
Topic Author

RE: Why No Mainline CO Service To BNA?

Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:52 am

Quoting Drerx7 (Reply 1):
With the 65 ERJs leaving things may change a little bit.

See, that's what I have been thinking as well. With things in limbo with Express Jet, who knows what will happen here. Time will tell though.
Nashville, Tennessee KBNA