8herveg
Topic Author

Stansted - Bermuda?!?! Since When?

Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:31 am

I was looking up on the live departures board on the BAA Stansted website, and noticed the following...

08:45 FJE556 BERMUDA CANCELLED

FJE...thats Flyjet isn't it? I thought they ceased flying as they were bought by Silverjet?

Can anyone explain why there was this flight originally, and why it got cancelled anyway?

I didnt think Flyjet flew from Stansted...and not to Bermuda as well!!

cedarjet

RE: Stansted - Bermuda?!?! Since When?

Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:50 am

Probably a wet lease or something - gotta do something with the planes, short charter programme, it's all good. STN-Bermuda sounds about right. Wouldn't mind flying on that, as it happens.
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz

diesel1

Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:34 pm

Quoting 8herveg (Thread starter):
FJE...thats Flyjet isn't it? I thought they ceased flying as they were bought by Silverjet?

No. Flyjet still flying.

Quoting 8herveg (Thread starter):
Can anyone explain why there was this flight originally, and why it got cancelled anyway?

FJE were expected to be operating STN-BDA on behalf of FlyFirstClass a new 'virtual' airline. FlyFirstClass never came to anything earlier this year so the plan didn't happen.
Probably some old data in the BAA flight info system.
I don't like signatures...

StarGoldLHR

Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:07 am

I thought British Airways owned monopoly rights on UK - Bermuda routes
So far in 2008 45 flights and Gold already. JFK, IAD, LGA, SIN, HKG, NRT, AKL, PPT, LAX still to book ! Home Airport LCY