PHKLM
Topic Author

AF Cancels EIN-CDG Per Dec 22

Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:03 pm

"As per December 22, 2006 Air France will no longer operate the Eindhoven-Paris flight service. As per that date, passengers can depart from Amsterdam, Brussels or Dusseldorf."

Souce: Air France E-Voyage November.

Joost

RE: AF Cancels EIN-CDG Per Dec 22

Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:52 pm

I've read that Airlinair will take over these flights but switch them to ORY. They will operate smaller equipment than AF.

I'm not too surprised. For O&D-passengers, the train is still an attractive alternative, as is driving.

For connecting passengers, IMO it's far more comfortable to just take the train or car to AMS and fly non-stop to your destinations, than fly to CDG and transfer there. The intl destinations only served from CDG don't fill 120 seats a day.

AFC_Ajax00

Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:45 pm

The flights have always been operated by Airlinair (ATRs). I flew this route once, for novelty's sake and needless to say it wasn't very full. I guess AF overestimated the amount of Philips traffic on this route and the fact that AMS really isn't that far away.
Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward; for there you long to return

jog

Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:28 am

The pricing of the flight obviously showed that there was no interest in flying passengers between EIN and CDG. If you do not book a week-end trip between Friday and Monday, the cheapest, but still non-flexible ticket on this route costs 255 EUR. I can buy a ticket on exactly the same flight with a tag-on to JFK for 463 EUR. Does this mean 400km EIN-CDG is more expensive than CDG-JFK?

I would have loved to take this flight from Eindhoven several times as I had to take flights out of CDG which were on a separate tickets. However, I always ended up flying with LH from DUS where I paid for a semi-flexible ticket 109-170 EUR or taking the train.

I still think, a little bit more competitive prices could have helped, especially as the train journey to Paris's, Brussels', and Düsseldorf's airports are quite cumbersome.

goldorak

Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:28 am

Quoting Joost (Reply 1):
Airlinair will take over these flights but switch them to ORY

If AF/KL were not able to make it work with all connecting traffic at CDG, I don't see how Airlinair will succeed from ORY on its own. Except if fare would be very low, which I doubt